Active Option to make gifs not animate until clicked?

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
I'm probably the only one who cares, but is it possible to have some option we can check so gifs don't animate until clicked on and pause when clicked on again? I hate trying to read while a gif is maniacally playing in my vision. Another forum I frequent has that feature, and it makes reading threads with gifs so much more pleasant.

Obviously you don't need to spend a ton of time on it, but if you happen to find an add-on that does that, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
I'm probably the only one who cares, but is it possible to have some option we can check so gifs don't animate until clicked on and pause when clicked on again? I hate trying to read while a gif is maniacally playing in my vision. Another forum I frequent has that feature, and it makes reading threads with gifs so much more pleasant.

Obviously you don't need to spend a ton of time on it, but if you happen to find an add-on that does that, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Could you link me (either here or in PM, either works) to that forum so I can take a peek at how they do it? Just want to see their method to confirm if I'm on the right track, lol

Back
Top Bottom