Nintendo Nintendo Direct (09/14/23)

Mario vs Donkey Kong, February 16th, 2024
Prince of Perisa: The Lost Crown, January 18th, 2024
Super Mario RPG, November 17th, 2023
Another Code: Recollection (Another Code: Two Memories ("Trace Memory") + Another Code: R - A Journey into Lost Memories), January 19th, 2024
Princess Peach: Showtime!, March 22nd, 2024
SaGa Emerald Beyond, ??? 2024
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered, February 14th, 2024
Detective Pikachu Returns, October 6th, 2023
Unicorn Overlord (Vanillaware), March 8th, 2024
Luigi's Mansion 2 HD, Summer 2024
F-Zero 99, out now
WarioWare Move It!, November 3rd, 2023
Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes, April 23rd, 2024
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door remake, ??? 2024

Grain of salt leaks are already out there, if you're the antsy sort. Nothing particularly amazing from what I've seen, but enjoyable enough.

Last edited:
The leaks don't sound too exciting, but I'm still excited. I think there will be more to sink our teeth into that Mario minis and FZero 99.
The free for all things - Mario 35, Tetris 99 - are appealing on their face, it's just... Nintendo themselves that sort of deflate the hype. Like, will it be a permanent thing? Another time-limited fiasco? Will they actually provide post-launch support for it? 🤔

oh yeah same here, a few weeks ago my fiancée finished playing it for the first time as a matter of fact. still holds up! glad it'll be way more accessible now
Absolutely, glad more people get to play it. The GC copy is going for crazeballs prices on eBay.

No real great announcements from the direct though. Seems like they're winding things down in preparation for Switch 2 or whatever it is.

Everybody's all like "Mario" this, "Peach" that, "Luigi" wootwoot.

Meanwhile I'm just sitting here like "this game is gonna suck so much ass but I'm here for it" with the new SaGa and Vanillaware games. I have legit never gotten into a Vanillaware game, but they're always so damn pretty. Unicorn Overlord is some... that's a name, alright.

Everybody's all like "Mario" this, "Peach" that, "Luigi" wootwoot.

Meanwhile I'm just sitting here like "this game is gonna suck so much ass but I'm here for it" with the new SaGa and Vanillaware games. I have legit never gotten into a Vanillaware game, but they're always so damn pretty. Unicorn Overlord is some... that's a name, alright.
I am a whore for Vanillaware. Aegis Rim never interested me, but I loved Muramasa, and I'm playing through Dragon's Crown now. I also have Odin Sphere waiting on my shelf for me to get around to!

I thought the Direct was pretty good, but I'm having a hard time telling which games are their "Mario Odyssey" and which games are their "Yoshi's Crafted World". Both games I like, but one is clearly meant to be a flagship title, and the other is a fun, kiddy 1st party game. There are so many Mario-related games coming in the next 6 months, that I'm sort of guessing which ones are 100% worth buying.

I suspect it's Super Mario Wonder and Super Mario RPG, and then the games coming early next year are more fillerish.

I am a whore for Vanillaware. Aegis Rim never interested me, but I loved Muramasa, and I'm playing through Dragon's Crown now. I also have Odin Sphere waiting on my shelf for me to get around to!
Odin Sphere and GrimGrimoire were both beautiful to look at, but... Odin Sphere (intentionally? IDK) ran like ass on the PS2, and I gave up after 3~4 hours. GrimGrimoire is just in a genre I don't care for, but I bought it to support Atlus/Vanillaware.

I have Muramasa and Aegis Rim, haven't removed the shrinkwrap on either. Remember being super interested in Grand Knights History but then the localization on that got rugpulled. :shrug

Apparently Unicorn Overlord (lol I'm not going to stop laughing at this name for a while) is coming to Xbox, so... maybe I'll tough it out for once.

Odin Sphere and GrimGrimoire were both beautiful to look at, but... Odin Sphere (intentionally? IDK) ran like ass on the PS2, and I gave up after 3~4 hours. GrimGrimoire is just in a genre I don't care for, but I bought it to support Atlus/Vanillaware.

I have Muramasa and Aegis Rim, haven't removed the shrinkwrap on either. Remember being super interested in Grand Knights History but then the localization on that got rugpulled. :shrug

Apparently Unicorn Overlord (lol I'm not going to stop laughing at this name for a while) is coming to Xbox, so... maybe I'll tough it out for once.
Odin Sphere got a PS4 remaster that plays a lot better and has some QoL features added. I'd give it a go there. And get out Muramasa, already! :link

Back
Top Bottom