Final NFL Pre-Season Weeks 1-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
All NFL teams are now uploaded, and the pre-season is now live. Votes close at 7:55PM EST Thursday, August 3rd.

You can join the pool and place your pick for the first pre-season game of the season: New York Jets vs. Cleveland Browns @ Cleveland (8PM EST Kickoff).

The pick ‘em page is located HERE.

You can post any questions or suggestions here.

**The pre-season is being used to work out any issues with the add-on leading up to the regular season. Please don’t be surprised if things don’t work as intended right away. This is just a good opportunity to use live games for shits and giggles before the season starts.**

Last edited:

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
A preseason pick em?
Wild.

The goal with the pre-season and the MLB post-season is to work out any issues before the season begins. My main goal with the NFL pre-season is to nail down the timed locks, so when the regular season comes around the weeks/games lock when they’re supposed to. Consider this a dry run.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Any plans to do an NHL one?

That might be the only one I actually have any clue what I'm doing in

Absolutely. Truth be told, I only put the NFL one together so quickly because I realized how close the pre-season was, and it gave me a sooner opportunity to test the add-on out with real games.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
pre-season starts in September, regular season starts early October, so we've got some time :)

Awesome. We’ll definitely be able to have the NFL regular season and MLB post-season done before we get there considering how long it actually took for me to set up the pre-season yesterday. I have a little system now after learning from my mistakes while setting up the MLB one.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
Awesome. We’ll definitely be able to have the NFL regular season and MLB post-season done before we get there considering how long it actually took for me to set up the pre-season yesterday. I have a little system now after learning from my mistakes while setting up the MLB one.
And this is why you're an incredible admin, lol. A time or two through a new system and you've got it down. :highfive

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Week 2 results are posted here.

Everything is working smoothly so far on the back end of the add-on. The only thing I’m not a fan of is that I have to manually input all final scores, but that’s nothing to bitch about considering how easy everything else is to work with.

Please remember, you have to join the 2023-24 Regular Season pool in order to participate in picking the regular season games. I set the pre-season as an independent pool so I could have that running concurrently while setting up the regular season so I could make tweaks along the way.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I've not watched any preseason, but I'll pay more attention during the season. Maybe.

Yeah, I plan on having this forum a little more active when the regular season starts as well. There will be a thread for each week instead of just this catch-all thread for the whole pre-season. I’d also like to get some badges together for people that pick all the correct picks in a week, people who win the regular season and playoff pool, etc.

Reactions: TD

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I think it's cause the hall of fame game or whatever it's called was listed as week 1.

IMG_3660.jpeg

Easy fix. I was wondering what the hell was up with that… I normally don’t pay attention to the pre-season games, and pay even less attention to league changes.

Reactions: TD

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Speaking of. I can't seem to access the regular season one?

IMG_3665.jpeg

It has you marked as in the pool. What are you having an issue accessing specifically? There are a bunch of permissions for the pick ‘em add-on, so I wanna narrow down your specific issue a little more before I start smashing buttons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom