Oakland Raiders Football GIF by NFL

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Yeah the fans are great.

Except in the online communities.

But at games? Great.

I'm expecting a top 5 pick in next year's draft. Obviously hope I'm wrong but yeah.

I dunno if it’s league-wide or not, but Ravens fans are some of the most fair weather motherfuckers I know. For a city that LOVES the O’s as long as they’ve sucked… as SOON as somebody fucks up the bandwagon is ready to can them.

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
I dunno if it’s league-wide or not, but Ravens fans are some of the most fair weather motherfuckers I know. For a city that LOVES the O’s as long as they’ve sucked… as SOON as somebody fucks up the bandwagon is ready to can them.
Oh really?

Maybe it is league wide.

When the Raiders got rid of Carr it was "about time", "he held us back", "let's go get our Mahomes!" which leads me to believe a lot of the online fans weren't around for the pre-Carr QB carousel.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Oh really?

Maybe it is league wide.

When the Raiders got rid of Carr it was "about time", "he held us back", "let's go get our Mahomes!" which leads me to believe a lot of the online fans weren't around for the pre-Carr QB carousel.

Dude, everyone wanted Jackson to make bank until he choked… then they wanted him signed to a big deal despite choking… then they said he was too cocky and asking for too much for a QB without a ring… then they said pay the man so we might get one. I can’t wait to see people lose their shit the first time he makes a bad call since the new OC is giving him more leeway to call plays.

TD

10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
Dude, everyone wanted Jackson to make bank until he choked… then they wanted him signed to a big deal despite choking… then they said he was too cocky and asking for too much for a QB without a ring… then they said pay the man so we might get one. I can’t wait to see people lose their shit the first time he makes a bad call since the new OC is giving him more leeway to call plays.
Oh wow. Yeah that's brutal and I'm actually not shocked if this was a league wide thing.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Oh wow. Yeah that's brutal and I'm actually not shocked if this was a league wide thing.

Were you a Raiders fan prior to the LV move, or new since they relocated? I’ve been wondering how those Oakland guys are handling it… I remember how Cleveland acted when Art brought the Browns here to become the Ravens. Lotta animosity still, reminiscent of when the Colts left Baltimore for Indianapolis.

TD

10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
Were you a Raiders fan prior to the LV move, or new since they relocated? I’ve been wondering how those Oakland guys are handling it… I remember how Cleveland acted when Art brought the Browns here to become the Ravens. Lotta animosity still, reminiscent of when the Colts left Baltimore for Indianapolis.
So I'm actually Canadian so I don't live there but I've been a Raiders fan since the Bo Jackson days so I've seen from LA to Oakland to LV. Been to lots of games but not one since they moved to Vegas.

That said - Mark Davis taking the Raiders to Vegas is widely felt to be the worst thing he's done since Al died so I'd say Oakland isn't handling it too well. Should also add the Raiders fans HATE Mark Davis.

Lot of fans (me included) feel the Raiders have lost that attitude that made them fun to cheer for even when they were losing.

Like you said in your experience, it feels like those moves never go well with the fan base.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
So I'm actually Canadian so I don't live there but I've been a Raiders fan since the Bo Jackson days so I've seen from LA to Oakland to LV. Been to lots of games but not one since they moved to Vegas.

That said - Mark Davis taking the Raiders to Vegas is widely felt to be the worst thing he's done since Al died so I'd say Oakland isn't handling it too well. Should also add the Raiders fans HATE Mark Davis.

Lot of fans (me included) feel the Raiders have lost that attitude that made them fun to cheer for even when they were losing.

Like you said in your experience, it feels like those moves never go well with the fan base.

That attitude is one of the only redeeming qualities about the Ravens, they can play some aggressive games when they want to. I grew up in a Steelers household, since my dad wanted no parts of the Colts or Redskins growing up, so those heavy defenses were always entertaining to watch.

Ravens fans are dicks to us Browns fans, even before the Watson trade. I don't get why some are so salty. You fucks get to take our team and win two championships with them.

I have a friend who switched his fandom from the Chiefs to the Raiders back when Rich Gannon went to the Raiders from the Chiefs because he loved Gannon and hated that the Chiefs got rid of him. He spent the next 20+ years being a diehard Raiders fan even after Gannon retired. He loves Carr, so when all that went down, he finally decided he was through with the Raiders. Thus a new Saints fan was born.

And yeah, no fanbase is immune to having a large contingent of fair weather folks.

• Cheers!
Reactions: TD

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
And yeah, no fanbase is immune to having a large contingent of fair weather folks.

…and then there are Dallas fans.

The ones that get my respect are the ones that KNOW their team is dookie and still show up for a good time. Man… when we started Jackson while Flacco was injured, people started burning Flacco’s jerseys. There was such a divide between the fanbase over him… and when Jackson started producing (albeit, against lesser competitive teams than Flacco initially) suddenly he was the best. Those same people wanted him cut when he choked in the playoffs the FIRST time.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I missed it by 5 minutes because I went out and got back after kickoff. But I was going to. And yet I still thought they'd Lions it up. Starting 0-1 :D

Yeaaah, when I make a thread for week 2 I’m gonna make sure to mention that the picks lock 5 minutes before kickoff. I could technically change this, but I’d have to go through and edit all of the game’s lock times.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I'm confused why do cg/Jon show as week 1 winners with less than 10 points?

Because of the tie. I can’t give all three of y’all first place, and there’s no deciding factor for one of y’all being first over the other.

The easiest solution was to do this:

IMG_3918.jpeg

I’m gonna be looking into some of the settings since there’s a good likelihood this could happen. As it stands now, I only saw an option to have a preset tiebreaker question… but I don’t really see a way to utilize that without it still being a bad gauge of who places higher since… it’s just a question. It doesn’t make much sense to me.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Looks like it goes alphabetical right now.

I just entered them alphabetically, it’s the fairest way with the way it’s configured. Everything from the teams themselves, the seasons, the games, the scores, and the weekly winners and the tiebreaker message with your name in it is alllllll manually entered.

• Shocked
Reactions: TD
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom