• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Neon Nexus Neon Nexus 2: Return to the City (Day 4)

Who Should the City Extirpate? (2 Votes Needed)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
See I was thinking the same thing
I would, I just don't want to put Kelly's dick out of joint over the kingmaker bullshit.

If he's going to be a huge Kelle about it though and insist we ride this to the apocalypse, you'd just better kill him tonight so that we can eat Alligator as the final bomb timer ticks down.

Smacktard

Connoisseur of fine video games
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
I would, I just don't want to put Kelly's dick out of joint over the kingmaker bullshit.

If he's going to be a huge Kelle about it though and insist we ride this to the apocalypse, you'd just better kill him tonight so that we can eat Alligator as the final bomb timer ticks down.
The kingmaker stuff can be annoying yeah, but I'm not that worked up about it. That can be a problem to solve between games.

I think we should just get this show over with. I wanna read the dead thread MILF Manor analysis commentary
(There better be some)

As sun was setting on this day, Ben, the newly minted King Neon Dealer (after Local Hero was promoted to Regional Hero) walks into an alley and begins examining his product.

Shortly after, Kelly, a Genetic Scientist for the local GWF Corp. walks into the same alley. There, he meets with Ben.

"Alright, I'm here. What do you want. You know I can't buy from you! It could cost me my job!", he exclaimed.

"What? You called me, you mushroom head!" Ben retorted.

The two bicker for what feels like hours, but in reality, it was mere seconds. Something about one's mother being a MILF and the other saying something about buying a manor and disco dancing and who was hotter, Kelle or Rebecca. Sense was not being made. Suddenly, out of the shadows steps... a shadow.

"It was I that called you both here..." It was Vash! A former ganger turned informant for the powers at GWF Corp. He once worked in the same syndicate as Ben and Kelly and then began informing for Kelly when he was turned when he met Kelle and Rebecca. It was under these pretenses he brought them here.

"I couldn't stand it anymore. Love took hold of my heart and soul and I could no longer bring myself to kill any more! I brought us here because we used to be friends once. We must return to that! I've made us all a lamb chop dinner to reunite!" He pleaded his case to them for peace.

Quizzical and uneasy looks filled both Ben and Kelly. Could they trust Vash? He was burned them once before. But the sincerity was real. He wanted to be a pacifist.

It was Ben that let his guard down first.

"Ok, Vash. I'm at least willing to listen. I love lamb chops," Ben insisted.

"You had me at MILF Manor," said Kelly.

Ben and Kelly shake hands and enjoy a bromance hug, tears filling both men's eyes. They were happy to be friends again with no more pointless squabbling. The happiness didn't allow them to notice Vash slip out the alley, though.

"Where'd Vash go?" they asked almost simultaneously.

From around the corner stands Vash, a stoic look on his face.

"It's Disco Mommy. It's always been, Disco Mommy." says Vash as he uses his cyberware to finish it.

The explosion is loud. Car and building windows shatter from the shockwaves.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Traitor has killed Smacktard and Ben. Ben was the Neon Dealer. Smacktard was the Genetic Scientist.

Vash was the Traitor.

The Traitor wins!

Last edited:

shortkut

idea man
Cuterator
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
Murder wins! Huzzah!

GG Vash.
I love murder

joel mchale murder GIF by NETFLIX

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
The Traitor has killed Smacktard and Ben. Ben was the Neon Dealer. Smacktard was the Genetic Scientist.

Vash was the Traitor.

The Traitor wins!
So did Jon just go full kingmaker and decide who won, or did Vash legitimately have bombs on us to donate? Though I guess it doesn't really matter.

I am very glad I didn't have to follow through with Operation Pretend I'm Cool With A Draw And Then Kill Ben And Be Crippled By Guilt And Shame For The Rest Of My Days

Here's me legit thinking "it'd be real dirty to try to eek out the win even after Vash wants peace, and I don't want to be that guy." So I talked myself out of it.

I'm never trusting a Florida man again.

What's the desired badge for a traitor?

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
We need a god damned Geneva Convention for wolf.

Waving an apparently sincere white flag while clutching a detonator behind your back is so MILF Manor.

I know I got played though so it is what it is. I'll go try to open the dead thread if Mark didn't get it yet.

VashTheStampede

Jawneh is possibly The Sorcerer
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Here's me legit thinking "it'd be real dirty to try to eek out the win even after Vash wants peace, and I don't want to be that guy." So I talked myself out of it.

I'm never trusting a Florida man again.

Honestly, knowing how I be, odds are I wouldn't have been able to pull the trigger.

• Shrug
Reactions: Ben

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
I mean I'm pretty much always holding one hand behind my back fingers crossed in these
Yeah, I can't be mad about it, as it's within the context of the game to try to win at all costs.

I just can't help but land on the side of "don't fuck up the community" when it comes to potential conflicts and having fallout over it. Wolf ain't worth all that to GWF as a whole.

Not that anyone was necessarily upset here, but my assumption was if the 'kingmaker' crap was brought up at all it must be on someone's mind.

It's more a personal "me as admin" problem with wolf. 🤷🏻‍♂️

VashTheStampede

Jawneh is possibly The Sorcerer
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
While "kingmaker" is a red flag for tabletop gaming for me, a bigger one is "player elimination", which you can't avoid in wolf at all.

It's an imperfect game, but a fun one usually.

Smacktard

GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Not that anyone was necessarily upset here, but my assumption was if the 'kingmaker' crap was brought up at all it must be on someone's mind.

It's more a personal "me as admin" problem with wolf. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Just a gripe I have with the mechanics/end game in that almost no one is ever satisfied. Not a problem I have with members trying to play to their win condition, or the kingmakers themselves.

Smacktard

GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
While "kingmaker" is a red flag for tabletop gaming for me, a bigger one is "player elimination", which you can't avoid in wolf at all.

It's an imperfect game, but a fun one usually.
Could be cool to have a type of wolf game where the "dead" players still influence the game in some way -- outside of the dead thread + medium type, which actually is already kind of a cool work-around to that player elimination problem you mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom