• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Neon Nexus Neon Nexus 2: Return to the City (Day 3)

Who Should the City Extirpate? (2 Votes Needed)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please note I have removed the ability to gift resources! Certain Roles, Kills, and successful Defends are the only ways to earn additional resources!

Link to the Role Dictionary

Special Conditions

• In this game using abilities is not free. Resources are used to pay for abilities.
  • Each role is assigned a starting number of resources with which to use up front.
  • City Roles will use their resources independently. You may use your ability unlimited times, provided you have the resources to pay for it, unless specified otherwise in the role description.
  • Corpo resources are pooled together and can be used in any combination the Corpo agents choose collectively.
  • When using Corpo abilities, the Corpo agents must notify me of the distribution of points. For example, if the total pool of the Corpo agents is 50 resources, and they choose to use an ability that costs 10 resources, they must declare whose resources are being used to pay for the ability use. The nightly kill from the Corpo agents does not cost resources.
  • Resources from a killed Corpo agent are deducted from the Corpo pool.
  • For abilities that automatically use resources, the resources MUST be present in the Corpo pool at the time of ability trigger. If there isn't, the ability will fizzle.
  • Lone Wolf roles are assigned different starting resources depending on the role.
  • For city roles, additional resources can be acquired by:
    • Certain role abilities
    • Eliminating players
    • Successfully defending another player
  • For Corpo, additional resources can only be acquired via eliminations.
  • Lone Wolves have special conditions with resources specified within their roles.
  • Successful eliminations award the killing player all the remaining resources the killed player had remaining.
  • Successfully defending another player will award the defender 5 resources paid to them by the city (and not tied to a player).
  • Some roles' abilities are exceptionally powerful and cost more than the starting resources.

Win Conditions

The City –
Kill the Lone Wolf and all Corpo Agents
Corpo – Kill the Lone Wolf and have as many Corpo Agents as City Roles
Lone Wolf – Be the last person standing
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Day 3 will open at 9:30am EST!

The night seemed to be quiet. Not a peep of sniff of murder to be seen. The city may have slept quietly... until...

A gunshot was heard curving through the air like the physics defying guns of Wanted. Another precision assassination has occurred!
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Bounty Hunter has killed Zell 17! Zell 17 was the Netrunner!

Day ends Sunday at 10pm EST.

a dip goblin

puppy haver
Sucks
10K Post Club
GW Elder
Lol ..well I guess we narrowed down some people then huh?

I jailed both Kelly and CG last night and the only kill came from shortkut. I said I would be sending no messages so we could skip the rest of the night phase.

That would mean Vash is the last baddie out there. Who we want to target today, hoping that most of us don't explode partway through?

shortkut

idea man
Cuterator
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
Swipe Skipping GIF

VashTheStampede

Jawneh is possibly The Sorcerer
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
I spent resources and successfully protected Local from death last night with my ripperdoc license I got from a pop-up ad when I was scrolling up cinemas

I hope i don't get doppled

A rumble is heard through the city. In the distance, sounds of explosions rock the foundations of buildings at their core. The city's traitor has struck, and "innocent" civilians were caught in the crossfire!

The Traitor has detonated all bombs placed on players!

Shortkut was killed by an explosion. Shortkut was the Bounty Hunter!

Alu was killed by an explosion. Alu was the Cyber Detective!

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
Oh bollocks. I didn't notice this was up, until I heard the boom (latest posts) we'd all been waiting for.

I do think we're fucked, @Local Hero.

Current
2 City
2 Corpos
1 Traitor

We can steal the vote and guarantee someone dies today, but if we kill the Traitor and not a Corpo, they outnumber us and we lose.

Kill The Traitor
2 City
2 Corpos
CORPO WIN

So we need to hit a Corpo today just to make it into tonight.

Kill a Corpo
2 City
1 Corpo
1 Traitor

The last Corpo cannot kill the Traitor so they kill one of us, or no one at all. They need the Traitor dead and to outnumber us to win.
The Traitor can either kill someone at night, or plant a bomb to trigger during the day. They need everyone dead to win.

If the Corpo kill a City, that'd be
1 City
1 Corpo
1 Traitor

If the Traitor kills a City member too, that's 1 Corpo 1 Traitor. Tied vote during the day, Corpo can't kill Traitor at night, but he could kill Corpo, so they'll lose and Traitor will win.

If the Traitor kills the other Corpo overnight, that's going into tomorrow with 1 City 1 Traitor, again a tied vote going into the next night, where Traitor will win.

If the Traitor doesn't kill anyone and plants a bomb instead... That's 1 City 1 Corpo 1 Traitor going into the day, but they'd have to just detonate the bomb during the day and it puts it back to the same scenario as above.

I guess, I implore @VashTheStampede to confirm that he's the Traitor so that we know we're not going to vote him today and 2:2 the ratio, then to kill the other Corpo overnight, so that me or Local can at least make it as far as possible. :shrug

I'm going to vote Smacktard for now.

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
This also very much fucks with me trying to talk myself out of the "Vash is a mastermind and will kill everyone if given the chance" mentality I've had from day 1 in Wolf...

clever girl GIF

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder

It's cool, I feel pretty vindicated having actually been on the right track from day 1, for once, despite doubting myself.

Also I'm just impressed with that gif copy, though couldn't not see Nathan Fillion anyway.

nathan fillion castle GIF

At some point I should probably look into what the Final Corporat roles could be so I can get a sneak peak at how I end up losing at the very end again

This. I'm not savvy on all their roles, but whatever they have left could 100% change the outcome in some way from just the straight math of it. Anything they have that would fuck with the vote, take more than 1 kill to off someone, or prevent a night action could pooch the whole thing.

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
No matter what happens

I will start a new Cyberpunk 2077 run before this week is over
Did they ever fix the performance on console? Last I paid attention it was just dogwater on PS5, so I'd been playing it on the PC, but I think I'd probably prefer having it up on my 75" TV.

VashTheStampede

Jawneh is possibly The Sorcerer
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Did they ever fix the performance on console? Last I paid attention it was just dogwater on PS5, so I'd been playing it on the PC, but I think I'd probably prefer having it up on my 75" TV.
I'm not the type that really notices "performance" issues outside of bugs, screentears, and outright chugging. I'm a simple guy who can't tell the difference between 30 and 60 FPS unless there's a counter on my screen.

Runs well enough on Series X that I can get fully immersed outside of the occasional car clipping a curb and flying into the stratosphere or the like.

After the "next-gen" update it was a massive upgrade, but I'm sure not to PC standards

Smacktard

Connoisseur of fine video games
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Okay, choose your MILF by reacting to this post and you'll get relevant lore. Dead thread, you can participate too because I KNOW you want that hot MILF Manor 2 goss.

Barby: 🔥
Kelle "Disco Mommy": 😻
Kelly Mac: 🍪 (that's a cookie)
Crystal: 👌
Stacey (it's a man): hide the pain harold

An hour after this post, I'll tally results and post relevant deep lore.

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
This. I'm not savvy on all their roles, but whatever they have left could 100% change the outcome in some way from just the straight math of it. Anything they have that would fuck with the vote, take more than 1 kill to off someone, or prevent a night action could pooch the whole thing.
@Local Hero @VashTheStampede I did just realize that one of the remaining Corpo roles is the spent Genetic Scientist. We didn't get them yet. That might be Kelly actually, given his earlier post about being useless now...

So perhaps canadaguy is the one to eliminate today, as that lessens the chance any Corpo power makes tonight screwier.

I'm not the type that really notices "performance" issues outside of bugs, screentears, and outright chugging. I'm a simple guy who can't tell the difference between 30 and 60 FPS unless there's a counter on my screen.

Runs well enough on Series X that I can get fully immersed outside of the occasional car clipping a curb and flying into the stratosphere or the like.

After the "next-gen" update it was a massive upgrade, but I'm sure not to PC standards
I don't really care about graphics, certainly not being one of those FPS-bitches, but I think all the glitchy stuff like cars flying off into orbit, people not even sitting inside the cars, NPCs in the floor, etc. was the issue when it first came out. If that's mostly been taken care of then it's probably gravy.

Poll's over, Kelly Mac write-up incoming.
Spoilers: you chose the least gossipy MILF/DILF, but get ready for a story that will warm the cockles of your heart
Awww, I guess today Disco died.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom