• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Well-Hung Jury N64 vs. Playstation

Jawneh

The Sorcerer
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
There is Crash Team Racing. I wouldn't necessarily call it better than Mario Kart though. I always compared it to Diddy Kong Racing as those two are more similar to each other. And between those two I find CTR better.

Nothing on PS1 stands up to OoT, SM64, Mario Kart 64, Mario Party 2, and Goldeneye in their respective genres, or in terms of overall quality. So you have the top Action/Adventure, top 3D platformer, top Kart game, top party game, and top FPS of that gen all on N64.
FF7, Grand Turismo 2, Symphony of the Night and MGS easily do. (not to mention games like FFTactics, FFIX, Vagrant Story, Silent Hill,Twisted Metal and many more that are easily 9+'s out of 10s and stand outs in their genres)

While I prefer MK64, plenty of people love and claim Crash Team Racing was better.

Smacktard

Connoisseur of fine video games
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
FF7, Grand Turismo 2, Symphony of the Night and MGS easily do
I named most of these, though.

not to mention games like FFTactics, FFIX, Vagrant Story, Silent Hill,Twisted Metal and many more that are easily 9+'s out of 10s and stand outs in their genres
Sure, but if you get into 9/10s, then we get into Ogre Battle 64, Star Fox 64, Smash Bros, Bomberman 64, etc.. You dismiss these because of personal preferences, but it doesn't change the fact that these are objectively considered great games, even if subjective individual preferences differ.

I named most of these, though.

Sure, but if you get into 9/10s, then we get into Ogre Battle 64, Star Fox 64, Smash Bros, Bomberman 64, etc.. You dismiss these because of personal preferences, but it doesn't change the fact that these are objectively considered great games, even if subjective individual preferences differ.

I started replying before reading second part and kept going

But then that kind of gets to my point that they both have quality, but the PS1 has quality and quantity of the quality at least in my opinion

Jawneh

The Sorcerer
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
I think I preferred MK on the snes over MK64. I did have DD as well, but as good as it was, I kind of disliked the whole double gimmick. Solid game otherwise. MK64 was better tho.

As for CTR, I still say the comparison to Diddy Kong Racing is much better as both games did have boss stages and progression other than just cups to win. Plus both of them also had collectible things to get on top of time trial things for unlocks. So hey! Racing adventure games! Amazing. MK is just a very good arcade style racing game for both solo and multiplayer. DKR I barely ever played with friends and when I did it was just with one. Same with CTR, but I also didn't have a controller dongle, the crux of PS multiplayer games.

What am I rambling about though? I think I still rate MK64 over it simply since after 100%ing CTR, I never touched it again. MK I still at least played with friends and some rareish occasions I did a cup or two for fun of my own. CTR was just one and done.

Back
Top Bottom