Final MLB 2023 Postseason: World Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I believe the overall standings are not correct.

Based on my count, I should have 15, and Mark and Big Daddy should have 14 each.

Me: 4+4+7
Mark: 6+4+4
Big Daddy: 2+5+7

I didn't bother counting the rest because they didn't play in the CS round.

I don’t dictate the final numbers, but I think what you’re counting might be because of games that were deleted since they weren’t played, which removes the picks associated with them entirely. That’s the only thing that seems to make sense to me considering what I’m able to see from reviewing the pick logs that basically read like this for every person:

IMG_4526.jpeg

If no one played the game, then no one won, and therefore I or anyone else who made picks for those games shouldn't have gotten points from them.

Edit: There were games I forgot to make a pick for and didn't receive a mark of any kind. I counted the number of green checkmarks which indicate a correct pick, and I have 15. 4 in the wild card and division rounds, and 7 in the championship.

I think the algorithm isn't mathing correctly.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
If no one played the game, then no one won, and therefore I or anyone else who made picks for those games shouldn't have gotten points from them.

Edit: There were games I forgot to make a pick for and didn't receive a mark of any kind. I counted the number of green checkmarks which indicate a correct pick, and I have 15. 4 in the wild card and division rounds, and 7 in the championship.

I think the algorithm isn't mathing correctly.

Yeah, I dunno what the deal is, but I’m gonna keep looking through the add on and try to figure it out.

Edit - I’m stumped. The only thing I can think of is that it’s a counter somewhere that needs to update, but I’m not having any luck finding it.

Last edited:

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Hopefully, this doesn't become an issue with the NFL Pick'em.

It shouldn’t, because I’ve yet to remove any games from the list of picks. I think the issue stems from me putting all of the games in a series up so people can make their picks without waiting to see if all of the games are actually going to be played. By this point, I’ve already removed enough games to account for the discrepancy in the totals you picked up on. I think next time around, I might just have to take the route with a little more effort and add the minimum amount of games and then ONLY add more as necessary.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Based on my count, Mark and BigDaddy should be tied for first with 17 points, and I am in third with 15.

Close. After removing the games that weren’t played, this is where we landed according to the pool.

IMG_4628.jpeg

Which means that I gave out 3 badges to the top 3, and one extra to @BigDaddy for winning the World Series picks.

Close. After removing the games that weren’t played, this is where we landed according to the pool.
We've discussed this, the number of points per round is the number of correct guesses. Whatever math is being used for the Standings is inaccurate. If no game was played, no points are awarded. You and Big Daddy are tied. I can't go back and individually check how many correct guesses you two have because I don't have access to your accounts, but I have checked mine, and I have 15. Not the 11 the standings claim I have.

You and BigDaddy also tied in the World Series, as well.

I think you're both deserving of the first place award for both the WS and the Playoffs as a whole.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
We've discussed this, the number of points per round is the number of correct guesses. Whatever math is being used for the Standings is inaccurate. If no game was played, no points are awarded. You and Big Daddy are tied. I can't go back and individually check how many correct guesses you two have because I don't have access to your accounts, but I have checked mine, and I have 15. Not the 11 the standings claim I have.

You and BigDaddy also tied in the World Series, as well.

I think you're both deserving of the first place award for both the WS and the Playoffs as a whole.

I really gotta just take the time to look through every element of this add-on and figure out what the hell it’s doing to spit out the numbers it is at the end and whether or not we can utilize something other than a stupid question for a tie-breaker. As it stands now, if I want to break ties in the add-on… I have to manually enter up to two tie-breaking questions for each “week”.

You can go back through the total picks a user has made for each round and see how many were right and wrong.

I count 17 for @Mark and @BigDaddy and 15 for @Fool's Requiem.

I think the standings list is wrong.

It definitely is, but we’ve been trying to figure out how it’s wrong so I can fix it, or if fixing it is even an option. The issue I’m having with this particular add-on is that it doesn’t feel very intuitive on the back end, I have to go through too many different settings that are scattered around while navigating the specific settings for each individual pool. Messy is an understatement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom