Multi Minecraft Stuff

Anyone playing? Here's my proudest accomplishment over the last 2 years: A fully functional rail network (no train mod yet but trying to figure that out).

trainmap_v16.png

Here's a shot of my in-game map I have built for my girlfriend and I to navigate the expansiveness.

2023-10-25_23.00.29.png

Closeup of the more populated towns

2023-10-25_23.00.50.png

My goal is to have a train mod installed once I figure out how to switch my server type over to Forge. When my girlfriend was overseas, we would be playing this nightly in 2022. She kind of fell off in 2023 but I still play at least 5 times a week. It's my comfort game. I only play creative on this server.

Anyone else got anything cool to share? Or if your kids play (lol) anything worth showing off?

I've never played Minecraft but I love watching people play and build things.

I'm impressed by the train network is it predominantly above or underground?
Thank you :bow On the red line, the points between Sandstone Terminal and Graystone are above ground (you can actually see this rail structure on the map at the top left, the long red lines and then the station to the south of Graystone.)

There is also a small bridge between Nihao City and Murray Park that is partially exposed, via a bridge going over the water.

The rest of the entire rail network is underground. It was a huge undertaking, specifically because a lot of the original stations were above ground, but I really thought it would be a lot cooler to have a subway network instead. So I began the long process of overhauling the stations underground. Once that was set, I realized I wanted stations to emulate actual rail stations - i.e. having entry level, mezzanine level, and then platform level. This posed an entirely new challenge because I would have to redo a lot of the stations I had just put underground. But I went to work anyway and converted a lot of them to be this style. Most of the interchange stations (denoted by the white circle station icon) has this setup as it would serve multiple tracks. The local stations (just the notch for station icon) typically will have no mezzanine since it's just one track to access.

That sounds fucking awesome, I'd love to see a screenshot of one of the stations when you have a chance.

I watch heaps of Minecraft streams and videos so I'm really into it but I just don't have the time to play it because I'd get frustrated at not being able to play 10+ hours straight building and tinkering.

That sounds fucking awesome, I'd love to see a screenshot of one of the stations when you have a chance.
Oh say no more my dude.

Here's Nihao City Grand Station:

Entrance:

2023-10-25_23.20.50.png

Mezzanine:

2023-10-25_23.21.02.png

Platform Level:

2023-10-25_23.21.38.png

Train switches/config underneath the station:

2023-10-25_23.22.09.png

Far Queens Station:

Fare Control/Mezzanine:

2023-10-25_23.22.39.png

Platform Level:

2023-10-25_23.22.56.png

Financial District Train Hub:

Outside Stairway:

2023-10-25_23.23.46.png

Fare Control/Mezzanine:

2023-10-25_23.23.58.png

Platform Level:

2023-10-25_23.24.25.png

Thomas and Friends is * chef's kiss * please tell me you have a Fat Controller haha
I think I may be the controller of this railway, hopefully not too fat 🥲
This looks amazing! How many hours do you think it's taken?
Thank you, seriously. I haven't shown it to anyone besides here. My girlfriend is the only other person to see it or been on my server. I'd say at least 150 hours for everything. I feel like I'm underestimating because a LOT of work has been done since we started. I have the original world seed saved on my PC to sometimes go back and see what it was like before we started society. It's....wild to see how far it's come.

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
That's so cool! I've done underground railroads and it's SO MUCH work. I like glassing off the lava and chasms the track goes through, so you have cool scenery to look at while riding (because I play in survival and don't wanna die).

I haven't played in a while, but you're making me want to. My last project was a volcano lair, which I finished building the structure of but didn't decorate/populate it with much yet.

I mostly play in survival mode and get all the materials needed the long way, and limit using creative mode to fly around to find interesting destinations and give myself diamond pickaxes.

Awesome! Years ago I played Minecraft intensely for 6-12 months. My pet project was a sky bridge. Played in survival mode so it was harmful at times. I also had a giant house shaped like a ghost from PacMan overlooking a cool gorge.

Progress update:

1701212687394.png

- All stations now have connection to the lines
- Royal Blue line added (with connections to Livingston Estate, Outpost, Murray Park, Spicy Town, and Seaside X-ing)
- Spicy Town station added
- Red line northern EL lines removed, merged with Brown line. Red line terminates at Birchwater
- Old Port still closed, used as passthrough station to Sandstone Terminal

Progress Update:

1704852426576.png

Finally figured out a web browser map plugin, biggest server-side accomplishment in a while.

Currently it only displays chunks I've physically been to, so I found this was an interesting way to back track in my world. It's so massive though. Like, megalophobia massive. I have a bot crawling around in a spiral pattern from the world spawn point loading in all the chunks I haven't been to. ETA is 4 hours so I'm posting this as a reminder to come back and check later.

Also self update notes and whatnot.

Rachel

The Other Rachel
GW Elder
guys please please please help me 😭

I have a little boy who is obsessed with Minecraft. He constantly wants me to ask him "Minecraft questions."

I have run out of questions!! Please help me think of something to ask him. Questions I have asked include:

• How do you get to the Ender Dragon?
  • How do you beat the Ender Dragon?
  • How do you beat the Wither/summon the Wither?
  • What are the different biomes?
  • What are the unique animals? (I know about Jeb and the mushroom cows)
  • What are the different "tiers" for the tools (wood, stone, iron, etc)
  • What are the unique bosses
  • How do you breathe underwater
  • What are the different villager jobs
  • Can you get different weather in Minecraft
  • What is your favorite mod
  • How rare is the skeleton with the horse
  • The existence of brown pandas and pink sheep, and the brown mushroom cow
  • The newest boss that I guess goes underground
  • What is your favorite block
  • How long does day/night last
  • How high can you go up into the sky
help!!!

guys please please please help me 😭

I have a little boy who is obsessed with Minecraft. He constantly wants me to ask him "Minecraft questions."

I have run out of questions!! Please help me think of something to ask him. Questions I have asked include:

• How do you get to the Ender Dragon?
  • How do you beat the Ender Dragon?
  • How do you beat the Wither/summon the Wither?
  • What are the different biomes?
  • What are the unique animals? (I know about Jeb and the mushroom cows)
  • What are the different "tiers" for the tools (wood, stone, iron, etc)
  • What are the unique bosses
  • How do you breathe underwater
  • What are the different villager jobs
  • Can you get different weather in Minecraft
  • What is your favorite mod
  • How rare is the skeleton with the horse
  • The existence of brown pandas and pink sheep, and the brown mushroom cow
  • The newest boss that I guess goes underground
  • What is your favorite block
  • How long does day/night last
  • How high can you go up into the sky
help!!!
Well, I will say that you definitely asked a bunch of detailed questions that even I wouldn't think of!

How old? Do they play online or single player by themselves?

Rachel

The Other Rachel
GW Elder
he's in first grade. Mostly he plays single player in creative mode and blows stuff up. He likes to generate mobs, especially the Wither. He also watches videos of some Minecraft players on Youtube Kids, which is how he got into it.

OMG y'all 😭 if I hear the "M' word one more time I am going to go crazy!!!

We went on a walk again and he asked "Minecraft questions?" (It's hard for me to even type the word out). Fortunately I thought about the villagers and how they have different jobs, so I asked him which job would he like to be most. That led to a very detailed explanation about the different jobs villagers have, so that killed most of the time of the walk, including a detailed information bomb about how the weaponsmith is often mistakenly called the blacksmith, but he is NOT a blacksmith! He is a weaponsmith! Also explained how a villager can become a wandering merchant.

He also told me the shepherds can get rid of the Jeb nametag which upset me 😭

he's in first grade. Mostly he plays single player in creative mode and blows stuff up. He likes to generate mobs, especially the Wither. He also watches videos of some Minecraft players on Youtube Kids, which is how he got into it.

OMG y'all 😭 if I hear the "M' word one more time I am going to go crazy!!!

We went on a walk again and he asked "Minecraft questions?" (It's hard for me to even type the word out). Fortunately I thought about the villagers and how they have different jobs, so I asked him which job would he like to be most. That led to a very detailed explanation about the different jobs villagers have, so that killed most of the time of the walk, including a detailed information bomb about how the weaponsmith is often mistakenly called the blacksmith, but he is NOT a blacksmith! He is a weaponsmith! Also explained how a villager can become a wandering merchant.

He also told me the shepherds can get rid of the Jeb nametag which upset me 😭
Oh wow... I think he knows more about Minecraft than me :chuckle

I also play on Creative only and enjoy the villagers/mob aspect of "peaceful" mode. I have two second cousins, both 6 and 10, who just got into Minecraft this year on the iPad and I saw them playing this Christmas. They play some insane, different way than I've ever played. My cousin buys them coins or something that they use to purchase levels? And the do parkour and all this stuff for money? Don't let him know about this hahahaha. I thought they were playing a different game with how insanely different it all was.

Some questions I can muster up:
  • Have you ever found an Ancient City? How far down/deep was it?
  • Who is stronger: The Warden (new underground boss that spawns in ancient cities) or The Wither?
  • What are Iron Golems? Can you make them or do they spawn naturally?
  • Does any food grow on trees? Which food? Can you use the food to cook or bake other food?
  • What kind of meals can you cook?
  • What biome can you find coral reef?
  • How many types of coral are there?
  • What's the difference between a snow block and powder snow?
  • Can you ride any mobs in the Nether?
  • What's an Elytra? How do you get one?
  • What is an Allay? (flying blue companion mob) What does it do when you give it something to hold?
  • How do you name villagers and animals?
  • What does it mean when a villager is wearing a green shirt?
I'll think of some more, but here's a start. If you need the answers to any of these if he doesn't know, let me know :)

Rachel

The Other Rachel
GW Elder
this is perfect!! lol I am actually genuinely curious about the green shirt! We will go on a walk sometime soon this week and I'll keep this post open!!!

Thank you!! Signed, a tired parent who now sees this from the other side

PS - it wasn't on our bingo card to have a son who is into a mostly PC-based game. We are not PC gamers, his daddy likes Nintendo and I like PlayStation. You never know who you will get!! He is asking for his first PC to play this game (he plays on PS right now) and not sure how we will cross that bridge!

Ben

Stoned Guardian
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
This is hella cool.

I've been playing Minecraft off-and-on since it was in Alpha like... 20 years ago, and you were just paying Notch $10 to use custom skins. Way before Microsoft ever purchased Mojang.

I haven't maintained a single server for long enough to get this kind of development, though not for lack of digging it. I've even got two realms servers active, one set as creative for my 5 year old who doesn't like dying, and one on survival for my 11 year old who tries to speed-run getting to the End... They just don't get used all that much.

A chill creative Gamewinners server would probably be pretty fun... :thinking

This is hella cool.

I've been playing Minecraft off-and-on since it was in Alpha like... 20 years ago, and you were just paying Notch $10 to use custom skins. Way before Microsoft ever purchased Mojang.

I can't remember if we had a server as such (or how servers even worked back then) but it was PIMI that first got me into the game in 2009. At least, what went for Minecraft in 2009 as it was such a simple game back then.

Loving the work @Tommy Boy . I was always more of a creative player myself, but I don't think my artistic talent ever matched my ambition!

A chill creative Gamewinners server would probably be pretty fun... :thinking
Or survival with cheats enabled so you can set it to creative mode or survival mode as you like? I'd play that now and then.
so-let-it-be-written-moses.gif

I can easily add another server onto my current package. Looking into this. Will return with results.

Ben

Stoned Guardian
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
View attachment 13180

I can easily add another server onto my current package. Looking into this. Will return with results.
Word.

As I said, I've literally got 2 realm servers after one expired and I accidentally started a new one instead of reactivating, then did the old one anyway.

They're only 10-slot servers, but it'd be something. Unless you get a better deal than the $7.99/month, I'm cool to use one of mine.

(The only other thing I think of is whether Nitrado, or whereever else offers servers, also support cross-platform play. That'd be a boon for a GW server.)

I'm getting back into the game and so added some stuff to Ben's server.

I built a terrible castle, an even more terrible building, an awful boatshed and another much bigger underground boatshed which features up to three functioning water doors. Well it would, but I only built one.

• Chef’s Kiss
Reactions: Ben

Ben

Stoned Guardian
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
I'm getting back into the game and so added some stuff to Ben's server.

I built a terrible castle, an even more terrible building, an awful boatshed and another much bigger underground boatshed which features up to three functioning water doors. Well it would, but I only built one.
Ooo, nice. I'll have to go check that out!

I finished the gates. I couldn't leave it half done!

I built 3. Gate 1 has level water when opened but doesn't fully close, whilst gate 3 fully closes but has water flow when opened. It's been a decade since I last troubleshooted redstone!

Many years ago I did build a very basic number adder, but it's all long forgotten. Shame as it's no doubt more useful then most of the crap my brain has chosen to remember.

Ben

Stoned Guardian
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
I finished the gates. I couldn't leave it half done!

I built 3. Gate 1 has level water when opened but doesn't fully close, whilst gate 3 fully closes but has water flow when opened. It's been a decade since I last troubleshooted redstone!

Many years ago I did build a very basic number adder, but it's all long forgotten. Shame as it's no doubt more useful then most of the crap my brain has chosen to remember.
My son: "Woah... dimmerwit is absolutely GOATed!"

There's a compliment for you.

Those castles/keeps are beyond sick, though. Hella impressed!

Ben

Stoned Guardian
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
Screenshot_2024-04-13-14-36-52-91_5c8300b655012b1930f2e0a7b81bf6a9.jpg
I made a map board for the immediate spawn area,v including out to dimmerwit's place.

I started clearing a chunk of this island to build up a city on.
Screenshot_2024-04-13-14-37-13-31_5c8300b655012b1930f2e0a7b81bf6a9.jpg
Screenshot_2024-04-13-14-37-46-35_5c8300b655012b1930f2e0a7b81bf6a9.jpg
Screenshot_2024-04-13-14-42-54-47_5c8300b655012b1930f2e0a7b81bf6a9.jpg
One of the sewer drains leads to dim's stuff.

Screenshot_2024-04-13-14-38-11-46_5c8300b655012b1930f2e0a7b81bf6a9.jpg
Screenshot_2024-04-13-14-39-07-31_5c8300b655012b1930f2e0a7b81bf6a9.jpg
Screenshot_2024-04-13-14-39-54-16_5c8300b655012b1930f2e0a7b81bf6a9.jpg
Screenshot_2024-04-13-14-40-55-91_5c8300b655012b1930f2e0a7b81bf6a9.jpg
Screenshot_2024-04-13-14-41-16-51_5c8300b655012b1930f2e0a7b81bf6a9.jpg

That second "superior keep" is sick.

Ben

Stoned Guardian
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
View attachment 13471

Old fort was unceremoniously blown up and replaced with a WIP place for religion.

Whilst I was blowing it up a block of TNT must have gone flying and managed to flood the gate controls. I was able to fix it though.
Word. I logged in just as you logged out, and found that new keep. Insane!

I added it to the Realm news, but I included a few addons. 100+ new animals, linkable portals, security systems, email/computer systems, furniture.

The computer system actually has a forum feature, so... Yeah. There is rudimentary Gamewinners within Minecraft.

Youre Famous Sub Pop GIF by Sub Pop Records

Ben

Stoned Guardian
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
Jesus. There's a reason I gave you that badge!

Very cool.

Ben

Stoned Guardian
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder

Played some last night and decided to stream it. Starts with a general tour including dim's stuff.

Back
Top Bottom