Match Recommendation thread

rktaker

So I thought it would be fun to have a thread to recommend matches for other people to watch, or maybe if you want to see more matches from a wrestler that you don't know about. it can be from any promotion WWE, AEW, TNA, etc as long as it's from a promotions official youtube or something, there's no shortage of matches since promotions post matches for free all the time and I got two matches to start off

this first match is from Beyond Wrestling's Day 91 event and it is one of the first matches I watched when I first really started watching indie wrestling a few years ago. this match is also a rematch because previously on Beyond's weekly show Wrestling Open (every match on wrestling open has a 10 minute time limit except for the main event which has 20) these two fought to a time limit draw so this match was made and had now no time limit and imo really shows how these two are the best up and coming wrestlers on the indies right now

I still can't believe this match happened in GCW of all places and there's a bit of background on this one. back when GCW was gonna run their first Hammerstein ballroom show Nick Wayne was advertised to be on it, the problem was that you have to be 18 to wrestle in New York which Nick Wayne was 16. Somebody told the New York athletic commission this and Nick Wayne had to be pulled from the show. Joey Janella felt bad for Wayne and told him to pick any opponent he wanted to face and he'd try to make it happen, Nick picked Ospreay and we got this.

In case anyone has never seen this match, this is one everyone should watch imo. WWF's New Generation Era might have been a chore & a half to trudge through, but there are some gems that are well worth the time and this happens to be one of them. Hands down the best match ever televised in the history of WWE.

Back
Top Bottom