• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Nintendo Marvel Capcom Fighting Collection Annoucned for the Switch

Not only is this the first time MvC 1 and 2 will appear on a Nintendo console, but this also means that people will have better options for playing MvC 2 without having to shell out a shitton of money.

X-Men vs Street Fighter coming to the US outside of that crummy PS1 port (which is also expensive) is huge, too. If it's as good as the Capcom Fighting Collection, this should be a big deal.

I'd imagine the PS5 and Series X get a copy, too.

Now we just need Capcom to re-release the Rival Schools and Power Stone games. Pls, Capcom, I'm begging you.

• This Is Fire
Reactions: Ben

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
Oh, neat. Those were some of my favorite fighters, for as little as I played the genre. I'd definitely pick these up, especially if they did drop on PS5 and I could potentially use my old USB fight stick... Though I think I had that on PS3 and have no idea if it'd even be compatible. :shrug

Oh, neat. Those were some of my favorite fighters, for as little as I played the genre. I'd definitely pick these up, especially if they did drop on PS5 and I could potentially use my old USB fight stick... Though I think I had that on PS3 and have no idea if it'd even be compatible. :shrug
Looks like it's getting a Playstation release.

I don't know how familiar you are with him, but Maximilian Dood has a 20 minute video on his thoughts.

Based on Max's video, the website has video footage more than just the trailer. And if they're calling this part of a series, indicating the possibility of more collections. If they can re-release Power Stone and Rival Schools it's going to be massive.

Max has a lot of SF knowledge. He gets super excited about fighting games in general.

I'm disappointed that I have to wait til November for the physical release, but it being a whole 2 and a half months after could potentially mean that if they need to patch the game, they might have time to put initial patches on the Physical release, so it's in playable condition out of the box, so if I have to wipe the data from my Switch (or get a new one), I don't need to worry about servers not being available 10+ years from now.

Back
Top Bottom