Progress Marathon May

Hey all. Last year I decided that, over the course of May, I would run a cumulative marathon. I ended the month at like 27 miles after running 3 miles 9 times over the course of the month. I'm going to try to do at least that again this year. If I can, I'll try to get as close to two cumulative marathons as possible.

So why am I posting this here? Misery loves company. I'd love to see other people join in whatever way works for them. Don't run at all? Make sure to walk at least a mile a day and you'll get there. Bike? Well maybe do a longer distance, but still join in on the progress.

I'll try to post my times from my runs on here to track the progress. Hope I can see some of you joining in.

I use strava to track, but there are other options. I'm going to be excluding the maps when I post, but otherwise will include the information that's available in the standard app.

Tired Go Go Go GIF by Biteable

Why don’t you just run 1 mile 26-27 times?
Too short a distance for me. The first mile doesn't feel great. The second mile is my favorite when I do three mile runs. I'm trying to increase my distance a bit though, hopefully getting a few 10ks in there.

Also anyone here who wants to participate and not feel intimidated by longer distances should absolutely run a mile a day. By the end of the month you'd likely feel good enough to do so without stopping or even be able to increase the distance.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
I usually walk twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening if I'm able. Tonight I did about an hour walk from 7-8, which is the usual time for the evening walks. The morning walk times can vary however.

I usually walk twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening if I'm able. Tonight I did about an hour walk from 7-8, which is the usual time for the evening walks. The morning walk times can vary however.
What's the typical distance? I'm assuming you get at least a mile or two in an hour walk. Depending on your pace you could easily get more in. Should be relatively easy to get a full marathon (maybe more) in a month.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
What's the typical distance? I'm assuming you get at least a mile or two in an hour walk. Depending on your pace you could easily get more in. Should be relatively easy to get a full marathon (maybe more) in a month.

Both are roughly around 2 miles but are different routes. The one during the day is throughout the neighborhood and the ones at night are typical just laps around certain streets. The app I have calculates how much i do in a day if I do both walks and today was a little over 5 miles combined.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
Cipro destroyed the tendons in my legs several years back, so I can't walk that kind of distance anymore, but damn I'd love to. Hopefully you all have fun tracking this, I'll be watching on to see the progress! :)

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
it's day 1 and i won't be going for a run, because i will play basketball this evening for probably about 90 minutes. i can't record how far i'll run in basketball.

Is it an actual game or a pickup game with friends, if its the latter then there are apps out there that will track while in your pocket.

Well I just swam 800 yards over an hour, which is not even half a mile. I think I'm going to need a conversion factor, swimming 26+ miles is insane lol. How much harder is swimming than running, you all think?
1000006024.png
That's steps per minute. So if you define it as moderate you'd have over 12000 steps. Depending on how long you're stride is that would be like walking 4-5 miles? Maybe a bit more.

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
I feel confident saying walking four miles in an hour is less effort than I put into swimming tonight. So I'll round and say my goal will be 1/8 the distance of running a marathon = about 5800 yards. I probably won't have access to a pool after the 12th (traveling and not staying in a hotel) so that seems like a reasonable goal to me.

It rained here all day today, but thankfully there was a break right after work, and I got a run in (pictured below). I also just signed up for a 5k later this month. It's out in the country, is called Running With the Cows, and benefits a small, rural school. It's probably the most midwest thing ever.

There is a half marathon and 5k, and I have a friend doing the half marathon. I figured if I'm already going to be there to cheer her on, I might as well at least run the 5k.

Screenshot_20240502-175132~2.png

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Todays total. Youll probably have to enlarge it to see what it says cause I didnt know how big the pic would get

Attachments

• Steps.png
    Steps.png
    198.2 KB · Views: 4

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Yesterday only resulted in one walk because of the rain so it was 57:32 for almost 2 miles and 5,185 steps. Todays morning walk also got canned because of the rain so Ill be walking again tonight.

Gloom-is-good

2.5 raccoons in a trench coat
GW Elder
I woke up a little after 4 to get to my gym by 5am. I'm a member of Orange Theory Fitness so today is the 1-mile benchmark and my husband wanted to do it.

My mile went from 14:02 to 13:16

This will be the only contribution I have to this marathon 😅

I woke up a little after 4 to get to my gym by 5am. I'm a member of Orange Theory Fitness so today is the 1-mile benchmark and my husband wanted to do it.

My mile went from 14:02 to 13:16

This will be the only contribution I have to this marathon 😅
Every Asian lady (my wife obviously included) does Orange Theory lol.

I've had to take a couple days off for the in-laws visiting, and it'll be downpouring all day for a bit. I'm hoping to make up for some lost distance soon.

Gloom-is-good

2.5 raccoons in a trench coat
GW Elder
Every Asian lady (my wife obviously included) does Orange Theory lol.
This is so funny because yes! My previous boss (Asian) did Oramge Theory but I was like "nah" aaand now I'm here. I really was dry-heaving yesterday talking to my husband about which class to go to and me saying "let's just do the 5am one" like who am I???

I also went the morning of my wedding and EVERYONE, coaches included, were like "are you actually insane?? What if you hurt yourself?" I just told them I occasionally liked to live dangerously

Back
Top Bottom