U.S.A. Man grabs coyote’s tail to save his dog’s life

Your thoughts?

Timothy Snipe may have been in a bathrobe and slippers but there was no way he wasn't going to save his beloved Chihuahua, Roxie, from a hungry coyote. The South Carolina man was out in his yard with Roxie when the tiny dog began barking furiously and charged at the wild animal.

Snipe instantly reacted knowing that it was life or death for Roxie. He ran over to the coyote and tried to grab the animal and get it away from Roxie. The coyote bit him multiple times until Snipe was able to grab him by the tail. He then carried the coyote over to a nearby trash bin and dropped him inside.

Security surveillance cameras caught Snipe saving Roxie from the coyote

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Wild or feral animals are the exception for animal abuse for me. If I were in dude’s position, I would have done the same damn thing. That coyote would have been spun around and thrown like a shot put.

Ben

Stoned Guardian
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
I'm assuming if there wasn't a dumpster RIGHT THERE he might not have been as reserved. Kind of surprised it didn't run when he ran over though, it definitely went for him over the Chihuahua with the jump at the start there.

I owned too many dogs in SC and they'd get into fights with each other from time to time. Really surprised I never got chomped more seriously with the number of times I had two but the scruff of the neck trying to haul them apart. They certainly aren't rational at that point and are just bite.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I'm assuming if there wasn't a dumpster RIGHT THERE he might not have been as reserved. Kind of surprised it didn't run when he ran over though, it definitely went for him over the Chihuahua with the jump at the start there.

I owned too many dogs in SC and they'd get into fights with each other from time to time. Really surprised I never got chomped more seriously with the number of times I had two but the scruff of the neck trying to haul them apart. They certainly aren't rational at that point and are just bite.

Man… I’ve had to break up some serious dog fights myself in my time, and you are not wrong one bit. They immediately revert to their animalistic instincts.

Ben

Stoned Guardian
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
Man… I’ve had to break up some serious dog fights myself in my time, and you are not wrong one bit. They immediately revert to their animalistic instincts.
You're supposed to get a leash around the back legs of one, pull it to where you can tether it, then do the same for the other dog, but... That's a lot of time spent while they're chomping on each other's throats. Always felt easier to ride the adrenaline and just pitch one over the fence.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
You're supposed to get a leash around the back legs of one, pull it to where you can tether it, then do the same for the other dog, but... That's a lot of time spent while they're chomping on each other's throats. Always felt easier to ride the adrenaline and just pitch one over the fence.

You know, I always loved those multi-step pacifist approaches people try to encourage in those scenarios. Unless you’re a trained professional that has executed that type of maneuver countless times, the average Joe isn’t going to be quick or accurate enough to pull off something like that… and in attempting to, they could very easily put themselves or the animals further into harm’s way. Dogs are pretty resilient animals, and sometimes they require a degree of physical assertion of dominance. I’ve resorted to everything from grabbing a collar and pinning an aggressive dog and allowing the other to escape, to just putting my arm around the dogs head and immobilizing it from biting until someone else could help subdue the body.

• Respect
Reactions: Ben
Back
Top Bottom