Liv Morgan arrested for big weed

It's insane to me that in a country with federal and local governments, this is where we're at. Perfectly legal 500 miles north in the same country, extremely illegal in a 200 mile radius down south. FFS. I get the point of having state level and federal level governments, but when they can't decide and it leads to shit like this, it's beyond my comprehension. Voters overwhelmingly vote for legalization (Ohio) and the legislature still pushes back. Kind of wild to think about how I use an app to hand deliver weed products directly to my apartment, and this person can't even be in possession of it. Legalization needs to happen at the federal level. Time to stop wasting resources on enforcing a failed war on drugs.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
It's insane to me that in a country with federal and local governments, this is where we're at. Perfectly legal 500 miles north in the same country, extremely illegal in a 200 mile radius down south. FFS. I get the point of having state level and federal level governments, but when they can't decide and it leads to shit like this, it's beyond my comprehension. Voters overwhelmingly vote for legalization (Ohio) and the legislature still pushes back. Kind of wild to think about how I use an app to hand deliver weed products directly to my apartment, and this person can't even be in possession of it. Legalization needs to happen at the federal level. Time to stop wasting resources on enforcing a failed war on drugs.

I am 15 minutes from medicinal-only Pennsylvania, and 25 minutes the other direction on the same road from the closest dispensary. You’ll drive that far to get food you like, imagine how many tax-paying Pennsylvanians and West Virginians make that trip into Maryland every day. It’s downright silly at this point.

I am 15 minutes from medicinal-only Pennsylvania, and 25 minutes the other direction on the same road from the closest dispensary. You’ll drive that far to get food you like, imagine how many tax-paying Pennsylvanians and West Virginians make that trip into Maryland every day. It’s downright silly at this point.
Seems absolutely farcical.

I think the same is going to happen here when my state legalises in the next year or so, there is a few sizeable border towns that are on the river where people will be literally 200 metres from access.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Seems absolutely farcical.

I think the same is going to happen here when my state legalises in the next year or so, there is a few sizeable border towns that are on the river where people will be literally 200 metres from access.

The next time I go, I’ll try to remember to snap a picture of the cars in the lot. It’s always just as many PA/WV tags as MD. I’ve heard of West Virginia state troopers busting people coming back into the state to get their cut… the state isn’t getting revenue from the sale of the cannabis, so they’re getting it by ticketing folks coming back home.

The next time I go, I’ll try to remember to snap a picture of the cars in the lot. It’s always just as many PA/WV tags as MD. I’ve heard of West Virginia state troopers busting people coming back into the state to get their cut… the state isn’t getting revenue from the sale of the cannabis, so they’re getting it by ticketing folks coming back home.
That's absolutely ridiculous, I get that the people are technically breaking the law but to be so arse backward in what those laws are is ridiculous

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
That's absolutely ridiculous, I get that the people are technically breaking the law but to be so arse backward in what those laws are is ridiculous

Here’s the crazy thing… when I was a teenager, I remember getting pulled up by the police, thrown face-first on the trunk, and searched from head to toe because I smelled like weed and looked stoned. While those clowns were harassing me… there were addicts in sight nodding out, potentially overdosing, potentially endangering others, etc. Why harass them? They don’t have any money. They’ll be back on the street the next day up to the same old shit. Instead, let’s harass the guy with a shit-eating grin and an odor about him because he looks like he’s having a good day. Nowadays… even before decriminalization and legalization, the cops don’t give a shit. Why? It stopped becoming profitable when all the cases were being dismissed due to all the other higher priority cases.

I’ve heard of West Virginia state troopers busting people coming back into the state to get their cut… the state isn’t getting revenue from the sale of the cannabis, so they’re getting it by ticketing folks coming back home.
Same kind of thing happens here in North Carolina every 4th of July - everyone goes to South Carolina for good fireworks (a/k/a the ones illegal in NC) and you'll see state troopers sitting on the NC side of the border (especially just south of Charlotte on either I-77 or US 21 near Westinghouse Blvd) waiting for people going to get fireworks in South Carolina so they can ticket the poor individuals coming back...

Back
Top Bottom