Lions Got Boned, Officiating Crew Will Miss the Playoffs

In order to not keep spamming the main NFL thread, I'm posting this here.

Bleacher report regarding Brad Allen's crew being downgraded

Supposedly, Allen's crew threw 2 flags, one for illegal touching on #68, and illegal formation on #70 for lining up in the tackle position after "reporting himself as an eligible receiver." Absolutely no logic was used by Allen.

Last edited:
  • Table Flip
Reactions: TD

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
People clowned on Mahomes a few weeks ago when he had his outburst, but when you watch his post-game press conference, he essentially said: it's the end of the game and here we are talking about the refs again. And regardless of that specific game, he's right. We're always talking about the refs and it takes the fun out of the game.
I think people responded to it a bit differently because Mahomes has gotten so much bullshit called in his favour that it's hard to take him seriously when he complains about it finally, even if he was correct in that instance. There likely wasn't that high level of sympathy for him because he's been getting the Tom Brady level favourable treatment in many situations.

I know you're a Chiefs fan and I'm a Raiders fan - so we may have alleged biases to this but I think we can both see it.

I spent way too much time on Reddit that week, and you can tell that people didn't really pay attention to what Mahomes said (and to be fair, it's not like I watch the press conferences for other teams). But the full context of what he said was basically: "I didn't complain about the DPI no-call on MVS in Green Bay the week before because I like when the refs let people play, but now this week (the Buffalo game) they aren't letting us play". This was in reference to the Kadarius Toney offsides. I tend to agree with him, but I'd expand it and say that you can't selectively enforce calls. I know some calls (like PI) are subjective, but you when you are looser with the flags until the 4th quarter, or vice versa, it's pretty unfair.

As for Mahomes getting favoured, I've seen some interesting analysis about that sort of thing. It's a combination of him probably getting calls marginally in his favour and the fact that the Chiefs are in more primetime games than most teams and in more key situations than most teams, so you tend to remember those key calls better.

As for Mahomes getting favoured, I've seen some interesting analysis about that sort of thing. It's a combination of him probably getting calls marginally in his favour and the fact that the Chiefs are in more primetime games than most teams and in more key situations than most teams, so you tend to remember those key calls better.
They're definitely getting favored in some ridiculous calls. I recall a play going against the Chiefs and the refs only threw a flag AFTER it looked like it was going to be a big play for the opposing team. I think it was a bobbled interception that got called back for DPI or defensive holding. It was an obvious bullshit call, too.

Back
Top Bottom