Industry Limited Run Games Showcase 2023

Alternative thread title: Resurrecting GW has curled the Monkey's Paw; Gex has been revived!

I don't follow LRG or indie games too closely, so I'm not 100% on what has been previously announced and whatnot. The "big" 3 seem to be the aforementioned Gex Trilogy, Tomba! getting an "enhanced" release for everything except Xbox, and a GBA game now titled Shantae Advance: Risky Revolution. The last one is noteworthy as that game never came out; it was canceled back in the early 2000's.

Full list of announcements (sans platforms) courtesy of shamelessly stolen from Gematsu

• Another Crusade
  • Arzette: The Jewel of Faramore
  • Castlevania Advance Collection
  • Chicory
  • Clock Tower
  • Colossal Cave
  • DoubleShake
  • Dungeons of Aether
  • El-Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron
  • Gargoyles Remastered
  • Gex Trilogy
  • Jurassic Park
  • Jurassic Park Classic Games Collection
  • Jurassic Park: The Chaos Continues
  • Karateka
  • Koumajou Remilia: Scarlet Symphony
  • Kyukyoku Tiger-Heli Collection
  • Midnight Fight Express
  • Odencat‘s Paradise
  • Plumbers Don’t Wear Ties: Definitive Edition
  • Rise of the Triad Ludicrous Edition
  • Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 Complete Edition
  • Rose & Camellia Collection
  • Shantae Advance: Risky Revolution
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Soundtrack Collection
  • Tomba!
  • This Way Madness Lies

Jawneh

Full-time time waster
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
I both love and hate all these remakes and enhanced editions. I love that I'll be able to play all these old nostalgic games again, but boy do I also hate how companies milk that nostalgia like this, especially if there's no extra goodies or but of new content.

But besides that, I loved Gex: Enter the gecko. Not the best platform error by far, but the humor and references to many popular things made it fun. Tomba was also amazing. Oh, and Chicory probably could be added onto the hidden gems list. Very fun game.

But besides that, I loved Gex: Enter the gecko. Not the best platform error by far, but the humor and references to many popular things made it fun.
Even at the time I was rolling my eyes at all of the references/"jokes" - which they absolutely can't change, at all, or this revival is pointless - however I do have fond memories of enjoying the first two (1 1/2?) Gex games. Certainly no Mario 64, Banjo-Kazooie (Tooie sucks!) or Crash Bandicoot, but I'd played far worse.

Still, someone revived Bubsy a couple years back. These guys are reviving Gex now. I'm not sure who/what the other two Horsemen of the Gaming Apocalypse are, but we're scraping the bottom of the barrel here and will uncover them before too long I'm sure!

Ben

Bingo! Dino DNA.
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
I loved Gex. Very much seems like a cash grab, but if they treat stuff with respect I'll not mind playing it again.

The three Jurassic Park game on that list make me giddy, though.

Edit: Unrelated to this really, but Gex always reminds me of a way earlier game named James Pond on the Amiga 500+.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom