Discussion Learning in Person

Tommy Boy

Sir Thomas Man
1707340950033.png

So, I've decided to give this a shot. I wanted to join the GWF campaigns but really felt like I was drowning in uncertainty. I really wanted my hand held and shown how everything works BEFORE getting into things here. I felt quite badly about dropping out of the campaign I committed to, so I figured this would be the best way for me forward. I'm going to do a few origins games in person over the next month or so. Once I feel pretty solid about being a noob, I will gladly join up in here again.

Moonsprout Beandirt

Connoisseur of fine video games
View attachment 9093

So, I've decided to give this a shot. I wanted to join the GWF campaigns but really felt like I was drowning in uncertainty. I really wanted my hand held and shown how everything works BEFORE getting into things here. I felt quite badly about dropping out of the campaign I committed to, so I figured this would be the best way for me forward. I'm going to do a few origins games in person over the next month or so. Once I feel pretty solid about being a noob, I will gladly join up in here again.
FWIW I felt overwhelmed by all of the stuff in D&D at first, but most of it you didn't need to know right awah. You just take it case by case, step by step, and the DMs explain anything you're curious about. I like the forum setting because things move slowly and it gives you some time to adjust, and think a bit before acting.

FWIW I felt overwhelmed by all of the stuff in D&D at first, but most of it you didn't need to know right awah. You just take it case by case, step by step, and the DMs explain anything you're curious about. I like the forum setting because things move slowly and it gives you some time to adjust, and think a bit before acting.
This. I’m also glad with how the campaigns ended up naturally dividing.

In your campaign, everyone seems to almost decide what happens next after their actions, including what NPC characters do. I don’t feel comfortable doing that. In the one I’m in, we are mostly just picking our actions and Vash is letting us know how things play out. It’s made it a much more relaxing and enjoyable first DND experience for me

Moonsprout Beandirt

Connoisseur of fine video games
This. I’m also glad with how the campaigns ended up naturally dividing.

In your campaign, everyone seems to almost decide what happens next after their actions, including what NPC characters do. I don’t feel comfortable doing that. In the one I’m in, we are mostly just picking our actions and Vash is letting us know how things play out. It’s made it a much more relaxing and enjoyable first DND experience for me
I really should read the other DND threads. I'd like to see how yours plays out differently.

Tortle Dude

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
Enjoy Tommy - let us know how you like it.

The biggest thing I've already taken away is that there is no "right or wrong" way to play and it allows you to just be creative.

I've been checking in on all 3 campaigns going and all groups are using a different approach which is interesting to see.

Back
Top Bottom