Jailbreaking an Amazon Fire Stick

So as we all know, shit is expensive. Especially when you love TV and have sign ups for 8 different streaming services.

So I'm trying to understand what jailbreaking an Amazon Fire Stick actually does, because to mine and my fiancé's research it makes it look like you can get pretty much any app you want for free, but that seems to good to be true. Is that what it actually does or what an I missing?

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
So I have 5 jailbroken fire sticks in my household and more or less, that's the case but it's not as simple as get any app for free.

There are some addons and minimal benefits you can give yourself for minor additional fees that I'd recommend.

We don't have cable tv or any streaming service and watch what we want live or streaming through it.

Last edited:

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
It really does sound too good to be true but it's great. I've helped countless friends set it up and it's not too bad even for those who aren't tech savvy.

Just take steps to protect your online identity if necessary and you're good.

We spend about $20/month and get everything we want.

Friel

Dangerously under-medicated.
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Every single one of my TVs has a Firestick in them. I pay £85 a year, and that gives me every TV channel, every film and every TV show that I'll ever want on all my Firesticks. Yeah it sounds too good to be true, but it's not. I've been using them for years now. Sometimes the provider you're using disappears or gets raided by the police etc, but there's always another one to use.

What I will say is, there's a lot of "experts" in the Firestick community, and half of them don't have a notion what they're talking about. There's 1000s of apps you can use, but there's really only 5-6 that you actually need that will give you everything you need.

I'm in Ireland, so my IPTV provider is UK based, but you'll find providers for all parts of the world. It gives me all the Premier League games, even the 3pm kicks offs that don't be broadcast in the UK. Cinema APK linked with RealDebrid will give you all the films and TV shows you want in 1080p/4K quality. Unless your Firestick is the 4k version though it'll stuggle to play 4K content.

Best way to load the apps is to download the Downloader app, and google Downloader Codes. It'll give you a code for whatever app you're looking for.

Frustrated Work GIF by Offline Granny!

• Haha
Reactions: TD

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Did you plug it in?

If that failed… did you turn it off and on again?

Also… I’m definitely gonna use this thread as a reference in our community guidelines to provide an example of exactly how to go about one of these conversations without putting the forums in a compromising position.

Back
Top Bottom