Resolved Is there a way to overwrite black font to system default.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey so something I've noticed, because in the DnD threads we are using colour for spoken parts and returning to black for action parts, is that for some people this is resulting in posts being unreadable in Grey winners. See example below:

1000006819.png
Is there anything that can be done in the system to override that back to system default? I'm guessing probably not but worth a try. At the moment my solution is to change to default mode (my eyes!!!) Or copy and paste the whole post to my notepad to read.

Solution
@Lee has saved the day again!! Note that this button will show the colour of YOUR character text when you quote someone else, but that's a minor hiccup and we can live with it all things considered :)

1704934338971.png
Clicking the wizards hat produces:

"Hello, random people"

1704934362721.png

1704934449090.png

Which then produces...

1704934465257.png

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
It doesn't help for reading posts that have already used formatting, but when making posts you can use the bottom right option (eraser?) in the colour palette to make things the default colour which will match the current theme.

1000009742.jpg

It doesn't help for reading posts that have already used formatting, but when making posts you can use the bottom right option (eraser?) in the colour palette to make things the default colour which will match the current theme.

View attachment 5806
There we go, perhaps we need to make that a note for our DnD posts, or I can stop sooking haha

• Cheers!
Reactions: TD

Ben

Bingo! Dino DNA.
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder

View attachment 5806
Yeah, this. The eraser resets formatting to default.

@VashTheStampede and @Ben see above, do you mind adding it into the details for DnD somewhere you feel appropriate
I guess we could, for those who roll a 1 on their formatting perception checks. 🤔

Yeah, this. The eraser resets formatting to default.

I guess we could, for those who roll a 1 on their formatting perception checks. 🤔
Emotional Damage GIF by Jennifer Accomando

• Emotional Damage
Reactions: Jon

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
Wondering if I can throw a button on the editor that would let you turn on whatever the colour or colours are that you need without having to flip around with the colour selector. Just a button press and you're on, another and you're back to normal text again.

What actions would you need, and what colours should they be?

Reactions: Ben

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
The speech colours are different for every person, but I suppose everyone would have the same action colours
Hmm. Could we have you set a colour in a profile field and then have the button conditionally use that colour when you click it. That's a tough one...need to think about that. The action one, though, I think we can make that happen easily.

Ben

Bingo! Dino DNA.
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
Wondering if I can throw a button on the editor that would let you turn on whatever the colour or colours are that you need without having to flip around with the colour selector. Just a button press and you're on, another and you're back to normal text again.

What actions would you need, and what colours should they be?

That could be useful.

Though it is going to likely be a different requirement for each player, and perhaps even each campaign. In mine I'm using bold green for the action text, but as Tubbles said, each player has adopted their own color for their dialog.

I know there's that "default formatting" option in the profiles that I think only Avenger actually makes use of, but that applies to all text in the post. If there was a similar option to set a preferred format and then toggle it, that could solve for everyone. I could include a field for a hex code under the D&D character fields, perhaps.

EDIT:

ezgif-1-a636778f7d.gif

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
That could be useful.

Though it is going to likely be a different requirement for each player, and perhaps even each campaign. In mine I'm using bold green for the action text, but as Tubbles said, each player has adopted their own color for their dialog.

I know there's that "default formatting" option in the profiles that I think only Avenger actually makes use of, but that applies to all text in the post. If there was a similar option to set a preferred format and then toggle it, that could solve for everyone. I could include a field for a hex code under the D&D character fields, perhaps.
ATTENTION! CRAPTASTIC CRYSTAL HAS SOMETHING TO SAY!

Well, we could use these...that's true, but it would require people to flip back and forth between the rich text and plain text editors so they could fiddle with the bbcode and that could get tiresome during a roleplay game. I think if we setup a field for the character colour so everyone has their colour choice and we use a single colour for actions (which we can change per-campaign if needed) that could work. Just need to slap buttons on the editor and write a quick conditional...

THE CRAPTASTIC CRYSTAL HAS SPAKETH!
Hey Girl Hello GIF by Pudgy Penguins

Ben

Bingo! Dino DNA.
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
Happy Feel Good GIF by Bombay Softwares

Loving that you implemented that exactly how I thought of it when brainstorming in the DM forum, down to the same BBcode tag. Great minds (let you do all the work 'cause you're awesome).

Applauds Crystal's ingenuity.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
Happy Feel Good GIF by Bombay Softwares

Loving that you implemented that exactly how I thought of it when brainstorming in the DM forum, down to the same BBcode tag. Great minds (let you do all the work 'cause you're awesome).

Applauds Crystal's ingenuity.
Now we just need the adventurers' colours in place. That one will be a little trickier, but I still think it's doable with just a custom field and a conditional. I might need a couple of days on that one...or @Lee's genius :D

Ben

Bingo! Dino DNA.
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
Now we just need the adventurers' colours in place. That one will be a little trickier, but I still think it's doable with just a custom field and a conditional. I might need a couple of days on that one...or @Lee's genius :D
No rush. You can only move so far on any given turn and I think GWF counts as difficult terrain.

While we're on the subject of D&D fixes and so I don't have to start a whole new thread, could I get the following added as smileys? Maybe as :d20-fail: and :d20-crit:?

d20roll1.gif d20roll20.gif

Not sure if I'd resized this enough to work, but perhaps this one as a reaction?

d20roll.gif

I'm undecided if it'd work as a badge, and/or as a reward for what yet, though I guess I could play around with that one myself to see what works.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
No rush. You can only move so far on any given turn and I think GWF counts as difficult terrain.

While we're on the subject of D&D fixes and so I don't have to start a whole new thread, could I get the following added as smileys? Maybe as :d20-fail: and :d20-crit:?

View attachment 5823 View attachment 5824

Not sure if I'd resized this enough to work, but perhaps this one as a reaction?

View attachment 5825

I'm undecided if it'd work as a badge, and/or as a reward for what yet, though I guess I could play around with that one myself to see what works.
Certainly!

I can add the smilies and the reaction and if you want it added as a badge or a reward for something, we can definitely do that, too!

• D-20

Ben

Bingo! Dino DNA.
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
@Crystal @Lee If one of you can give me another formatting button that'll use the 'DnDDialogColor' Field ID in a span wrapper or however the BBcodes are configured, that'd be amazing.

It's returning an rgb(X,Y,Z) value, but I have it set up with the color picker under the D&D profile options. If for some reason the rgb value isn't compatible with the tags, I can change it to just ask for a 6-digit hex code input.

1704390047011.png
1704390059126.png

1704390033157.png

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
@Lee has saved the day again!! Note that this button will show the colour of YOUR character text when you quote someone else, but that's a minor hiccup and we can live with it all things considered :)

1704934338971.png
Clicking the wizards hat produces:

"Hello, random people"

1704934362721.png

1704934449090.png

Which then produces...

1704934465257.png

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom