Interest-check/Sign-ups: The Legend of Wolfda

Ben

Stoned Guardian
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
So this came out of discussion in the other thread, but people seemed stoked so I'm going to run with this.

New flavor of Wolf/Mafia, themed to Zelda cause why not.

:link THE LEGEND OF WOLFDA :link

wolfda.png

So this read will initially serve as an interest-check/sign-up thread, with the secondary purpose of getting some input on the rules as I spit-balled them. I just grabbed random Werewolf game roles and mostly random characters, so if you think of something more fitting let me know.

The thoughts I had as to roles were;

Villager Team

1. Link (Hunter): Can eliminate a player at any time, night or day, once per game.
  2. Zelda (Doctor): Protects one player each night from elimination by any source.
  3. Impa (Seer): Identifies alignment to tell if a player is on the side of good or evil each night.
  4. Navi (Messenger): Can send secret messages to any one player each night. Knows who Epona is from the start.
  5. Sheik (Harlot): Visits players at night with varying outcomes; If a villain, Sheik survives any attacks against them that night. If a target, Sheik dies too.
  6. Cucco (Avenger): If eliminated by any means a random member of the murdering party will also die.
  7. Great Fairy (Guardian Angel): Each night, can grant a player a one-time use protection to use during a following night phase.
  8. Epona (Messenger's Assistant): While Epona is alive, Navi can talk to two players per night. Epona does not know Navi's identity.
  9. Tetra (Bodyguard): Chooses a player to guard each night, protecting them from elimination.
  10. The Deku Tree (Elder): Survives the first attack or elimination vote against them, but their role is revealed to the village.
  11. Saria (Spirit Medium): Communicates with eliminated players/bored spirits.
  12. Deku Tree Sprout (Oracle): Can reveal once if a specific role is still in the game. Can be used night or day.
  13. Tingle (Fool): Wholly believes they are Impa. Receives incorrect or misleading information each night.
  14. Mido (Villager): A regular villager with no special abilities.

Villain Team

1. Ganondorf (Werewolf): Can vote. Has overruling vote on which player to eliminate each night.
  2. Dark Link (Alpha Werewolf): Can vote. Survives the first attempt against their life.
  3. ReDead (Silencer): Cannot vote. Each night, silences a player for 18 hours during the next day phase.
  4. Ghirahim (Sorcerer): Can vote. Seeks the Seer. Each night tries to identify Impa. If they guess correctly, Impa is eliminated.
  5. Twinrova (Witch): Can vote. Has one-time abilities to save and eliminate a player.

Misc Team

1. Groose (Jester): Aims to get himself eliminated by any means after night 2. Must survive until then. Game doesn't end.
  2. Skull Kid (Trickster): Swaps the roles of two players once in the game. Wins if both those players are eliminated by any means. Game doesn't end.
  3. Vaati (Minion): Knows who the villains are, but has no special abilities and is not part of the villain chat. Wins if they're among the last villagers alive when the wolves outnumber them. Game would naturally end.

(IN)terested
  1. @VashTheStampede
  2. @shortkut
  3. @Fool's Requiem
  4. @A Pen Pineapple Apple Pen
  5. @Tommy Boy
  6. @Raine
  7. @Jawneh
  8. @Kat

Last edited:

Ben

Stoned Guardian
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
Oh, I do plan to start day 1 with "Oh noooooo Beedle was killed" or similar, and not a night 1 player killed.

And I think the misc roles not halting the game if they win, might take some of the heat off of those. If you're playing to your own win condition but don't make everyone else loose, it's not as shitty.

Ben

Stoned Guardian
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
What if we start with day 1, assuming via narrative that some villager or whatever was killed the night prior.

Go in to day 1 completely blind with no information, but no one is excluded from play. Twist, the wolves/villains don't know who each other are until night 1, so they're b voting blind too.

Extra twist, it really is 3 days to solve it or game over. Whether that be balancing the number of players in the game to hit that, or just it ending and no one winning if the moon falls.

Could also then give Link the power to kill any one person during the day. No consequence if wrong. But the trade off is Link is permanently muted except for reasons...

Last edited:
  • Hmm
Reactions: Jon
Back
Top Bottom