How Many Sports Stadiums Have You Been To?

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
I've been to the following in my life time so far:

MLB
Oriole Park at Camden Yards (Orioles, of course)
Citizens Bank Park (Phillies)
Nationals Park (Nationals, of course)
PNC Park (Pirates)

Minor League Baseball
Ripken Stadium (Ironbirds)

NFL
M&T Bank Stadium (Ravens)
Lincoln Financial Field (Eagles)
Memorial Stadium (Ravens first ever home game)

NCAA Football
SECU Stadium (Maryland)
Navy–Marine Corps Memorial Stadium (Navy)

I wished I didn't go so late into the seeing other Stadiums thing.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
NHL
Reunion Arena - Dallas Stars
US Airways Center - Phoenix Coyotes
Glendale Arena - Arizona Coyotes

MLB
The Ballpark in Arlington - Texas Rangers
Bank One Ballpark - Arizona Diamondbacks

NCAA
University of Arkansas - Razorbacks Baseball

Football
Burnden Park - Bolton Wanderers Football Club
...lots of non-league facilities

I also live near spring training fields and have seen all of those

This makes me sad to think about. I've not been to a lot of stadiums. :(

NHL
Boston Garden/Fleet Center - Bruins (can count this for the Celtics too, as I did see them play once)
Amalie Arena - Lightning

NFL
Gillette Stadium - Patriots (can count this for the Revolution too as I saw them play when it was first opened, first game there ever actually, and called CMGI Field)
Raymond James Stadium - Buccaneers

MLB
Fenway Park - Red Sox
Camden Yards - Orioles
Tropicana Field - Rays
Skydome - Blue Jays

If you want to count parks I've SEEN but not actually visited:

Yankee Stadium - Yankees
Metlife - Giants/Jets
M&T Bank - Ravens
Superdome - Saints

Past & present stadiums...

MLB
Fulton County Stadium & Turner Field - Atlanta Braves
Camden Yards - Baltimore Orioles
Shea Stadium - NY Mets

NFL
Bank of America Stadium - Carolina Panthers
Silverdome - Detroit Lions
L.A. Memorial Coliseum - Los Angeles Raiders
Seattle Kingdome - Seattle Seahawks

NHL
Greensboro Coliseum & PNC Arena - Carolina Hurricanes
Montreal Forum - Montreal Canadiens
Quebec Coliseum - Quebec Nordiques

NBA
Charlotte Coliseum & Spectrum Center - Charlotte Hornets/Bobcats
Boston Garden - Boston Celtics
The Forum - Los Angeles Lakers

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I love how many people have been able to see a game at Camden Yards. Some of my earliest memories are watching the progress of that stadium being built, because the company my dad worked for manufactured and installed the seating. I was lucky enough to be born soon enough to see one of the last O’s games at Memorial Stadium (as well as one of the first Ravens games) and Opening Day at Camden Yards. By the time I was in middle school, we were all watching PSINet Stadium get constructed, we called it “piss-in-it Stadium” because of a morning radio skit, M&T Bank now holds the naming lease for it.

Fed Ex Field is my least favorite stadium I’ve been to. If you’re over 5ft 6in, you’re gonna have a bad time in the stands.

I love how many people have been able to see a game at Camden Yards. Some of my earliest memories are watching the progress of that stadium being built, because the company my dad worked for manufactured and installed the seating. I was lucky enough to be born soon enough to see one of the last O’s games at Memorial Stadium (as well as one of the first Ravens games) and Opening Day at Camden Yards. By the time I was in middle school, we were all watching PSINet Stadium get constructed, we called it “piss-in-it Stadium” because of a morning radio skit, M&T Bank now holds the naming lease for it.

Fed Ex Field is my least favorite stadium I’ve been to. If you’re over 5ft 6in, you’re gonna have a bad time in the stands.
Camden Yards is my favorite stadium.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Camden Yards is my favorite stadium.

Dude, it is a beautiful place to be on a nice spring day or cool summer night. The atmosphere has kinda suffered in recent years, which is part of the reason I stopped going, but I’ve heard it has gotten better since they’ve done better and are drawing more fans again. Those games used to be rough when you were looking at attendance under 20k. Just enough people to start trouble, not enough people to keep everyone in line. For a local like me, it was a respite from what the rest of the city was.

Dude, it is a beautiful place to be on a nice spring day or cool summer night. The atmosphere has kinda suffered in recent years, which is part of the reason I stopped going, but I’ve heard it has gotten better since they’ve done better and are drawing more fans again. Those games used to be rough when you were looking at attendance under 20k. Just enough people to start trouble, not enough people to keep everyone in line. For a local like me, it was a respite from what the rest of the city was.
When I went was when they were still bad. It was the last week of the season, my birthday (usually my birthday falls between end of season and before playoffs). My parents surprised me with tickets to the Red Sox/Orioles and when we got there the tickets were so reasonable, we actually got tickets to see all 3 games that weekend. It was Fenway Park South because it pretty much all Sox fans there. The stadium was so nice though.

But... it's getting to a point you can't take kids to parks to watch games anymore...

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
When I went was when they were still bad. It was the last week of the season, my birthday (usually my birthday falls between end of season and before playoffs). My parents surprised me with tickets to the Red Sox/Orioles and when we got there the tickets were so reasonable, we actually got tickets to see all 3 games that weekend. It was Fenway Park South because it pretty much all Sox fans there. The stadium was so nice though.

But... it's getting to a point you can't take kids to parks to watch games anymore...

You absolutely can’t. If it’s not at-capacity, you have shitheads getting drunk and moving all over the place. If the team is doing shitty, the stands just turn into a party. If the team is doing good, the stands turn into a slightly more tolerable party.

Then, there’s the whole idea of getting there. If you drive, there’s a good chance your car will get broken into if you don’t park in one of the good garages. If you take the light rail, well, good luck. If you take an Uber, you better be good at verifying who your driver is. If you take the bus, well, good luck making it to the game.

You absolutely can’t. If it’s not at-capacity, you have shitheads getting drunk and moving all over the place. If the team is doing shitty, the stands just turn into a party. If the team is doing good, the stands turn into a slightly more tolerable party.

Then, there’s the whole idea of getting there. If you drive, there’s a good chance your car will get broken into if you don’t park in one of the good garages. If you take the light rail, well, good luck. If you take an Uber, you better be good at verifying who your driver is. If you take the bus, well, good luck making it to the game.
I meant in a general sense of stadiums are all significantly overpriced, but yeah, I hear crime in Balti-nightmare has risen.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru

Yeah when the Orioles were bad it was Red Sox South. Same with the Yankees in town. Not so much anymore.

• Agree
Reactions: Jon
I'm not sure I remember them all, but I'll try:

CFL
Skydome (Toronto Argos)
BMO Field (Toronto Argos)
Olympic Stadium (Montreal Alouettes - been for a game & for a concert)
TD Place (Ottawa Redblacks)
Tim Hortons Field (Hamilton Tiger-Cats)
Mosaic Stadium (Saskatchewan Roughriders - ok, I didn't actually go in, but my Uber drove right by it, so it was the highlight of my 24 hours in Saskatchewan!)
BC Place (BC Lions - also didn't get to a game, but I did go to the museum attached to the stadium and you could see inside)

NFL
Arrowhead Stadium (Chiefs)
Ralph Wilson Stadium (Bills)
Heinz Field (Steelers)
Mercedez-Benz Stadium (Falcons; didn't go to a game but did the stadium tour there)

MLB
Skydome again (Blue Jays)
Fenway Park (I think?)
Trust Park (Atlanta Braves)

NBA
Scotiabank Arena (Toronto Raptors)

NHL
Scotiabank Arena again (Toronto Maple Leafs)

Tirith

Sad, lumpy oatmeal that used to be Xellos
GW Elder
MLB and Minor Leagues:
Camden Yards (Orioles)
Prince George's Stadium (Baysox)

NFL
Heinz Field (Steelers)
M&T Bank Stadium (Ravens)
FedEx Field (Redskins)

NHL
Capitol One Arena (Caps)

Concerts
RFK Stadium in DC

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Oh gosh not near enough. :(

Baseball
Candlestick Park (Giants, 1960-1999)
Oakland Coliseum (A's)
PNC Park (Pirates)

 Football
Superdome (Saints)

Basketball
Smoothie King Center (Pelicans)

Soccer
Camping World Stadium (in Orlando, saw Chelsea vs Arsenal in a friendly)

Technically I stood outside of Madison Square Garden last month.

Shadow.

☂☂☂☂☂☂
GW Elder
Baseball
Coors Field (Rockies)
Truist Park (Braves)

Football
Superdome (Saints)

Basketball
Smoothie King Center (Pelicans)
Toyota Center (Rockets)
Kaseya Center (Heat)

NCAA
Tiger Stadium (LSU)

Nothing really beats an LSU game in Tiger Stadium at night 😅

Last edited:
Hockey/Basketball:
Air Canada Center (Now Scotiabank Arena)

Baseball:
Toronto Skydome

That's it for me. I don't know what it is, but whenever I go to watch my favorite teams play, they ALWAYS shit the bed. I must be cursed or something.

1711938293693.png

Baseball - don’t know or care most of the actual names of the stadiums
- Yankee stadium old
- Yankee stadium new
- Staten Island Yankees stadium
- Trenton Thunder stadium
- Erie Seawolves stadium

Basketball
- Madison Square Garden
- meadowlands Arena /izod center (nj nets)
- Erie bayhawks

Hockey
- Madison square garden
- prudential center (devils)

The ones marked with * indicate stadiums I attended for a non-sporting event (National Catholic Youth Conference)

Baseball
- Kauffman Stadium - Kansas City Royals
- Metrodome - former home of Minnesota Twins
- Rosenblatt Stadium - former home of Omaha Storm Chasers (formerly Royals) (AAA team for Kansas City Royals) and the College World Series
- Legends Field - Kansas City Monarchs (formerly T-Bones) (American Association of Professional Baseball)
- *Astrodome - former home of Houston Astros

Football
- Arrowhead Stadium - Kansas City Chiefs
- Lambeau Field - Green Bay Packers
- *RCA Dome - former home of Indianapolis Colts
- *Reliant Stadium (now NRG Stadium) - Houston Texans
- Bill Snyder Family Stadium - Kansas State Wildcats

Basketball
- Municipal Auditorium - University of Missouri-Kansas City Kangaroos
- T-Mobile (formerly Sprint) Center - Kansas City, MO - home of the NCAA Big XII Conference Basketball Tournament - have watched college basketball games and concerts there
- Bramlage Coliseum - Kansas State Wildcats
- Hilton Coliseum - Iowa State Cyclones - saw Rush there

Soccer
- Children's Mercy Park - Sporting Kansas City (Major League Soccer)
- Legends Field - former home of Kansas City Current (National Women's Soccer League)

Hockey
- Cable Dahmer Arena - Kansas City Mavericks (East Coast Hockey League)

Tennis
- Wimbledon - Only had a grounds pass, so didn't see any matches in the main stadiums.

Various
- Kemper (now Hy-Vee) Arena - former home of multiple Kansas City sports teams, like the Scouts (NHL) and the Kings (NBA) - I have attended concerts there, but now it's a multi-use community sports facility where I play in an indoor coed volleyball league.
- BOK Center - Tulsa, OK - saw Iron Maiden there

Last edited:
Baseball
- Fenway Park
- McCoy Stadium (Pawsox before they moved to Worcester)
- Oracle Park (Giants)

American+ Football/Soccer (Pro)
- Foxboro Stadium
- Gillette Stadium
- Olympic Stadium (Montreal)
- RCA Dome (old Colts Stadium)
- Neo Química Arena (Corinthians - Sao Paolo Brazil)

American Football (NCAA)
- Alumni McGuirk (UMass)
- Fitton Field (Holy Cross)
- Alumni Stadium (BC)
- Michie Stadium (Army)
- Navy-Marine Corp Stadium (Navy)
- Delaware Stadium (UDel)
- Finley Stadium (Chattanooga (UMass vs. App State FCS national champ game))
- Darrell K. Royal Football Stadium (Texas)
- Harvard Stadium (Harvard)

Basketball/Hockey (Pro)
- TD Garden (Celtics/Bruins)
- MSG (technically for college though)

Basketball/Hockey (NCAA)
- Mullins Center (UMass)
- Carrier Dome (Syracuse)
- Alfond Sports Arena (Maine)
- Agganis Arena (BU)
- Conte Forum (BC)
- Tsongas Center (UMass Lowell)
- SNHU Arena (Playoff Hockey - Southern New Hampshire)
- Civic Center (Springfield - BBall)
- Lavietes Pavillion (Harvard)

If I think of any more I'll come back.

- Cleveland Municipal (Multi-use)
- Cleveland Browns Stadium
- Progressive Field (the Jake)
- The Q (Cavs)
- UPMC Park - Erie Seawolves (AA Baseball)
- Wrigley Field (Cubs)
- Miller Park (Brewers)
- PNC Park (Pirates)
- Great Northern Ballpark (Reds)
- Nationals Park
- L. P. Frans Stadium - Hickory Crawdads (Single A) (North Carolina)
- Yankee Stadium (II)

Haven't been to a Cardinals game. They're not cheap.

turkey

gobble gobble
GW Elder
MiLB — Lowell spinners
AHL — Springfield Falcons

NHL — td garden, Gila River (Glendale, Az), T-Mobile (Vegas), staples center (los shithole)

MLB — Fenway, new yankee, Chase (Phoenix), petco

I was outside of Busch but didn’t go in a couple weeks ago

NFL — old foxboro

Back
Top Bottom