Hey, everyone

Meathos

'Mee-thoes'
GW Elder
I am Meathos.

Been a while since I've typed that. My MMORPG characters are almost exclusively that name, though most of them are a decade idle by now.

I used to haunt C+C/W. I used to mod it, after a while. When I joined as Azmodiar_Gnome in April of '03, with Wind Waker questions and a broken collar bone, I didn't know what I was in for.

I initially joined to hold my username. I figured I would say hi and see what people were up to.

I'm a teacher, now. A far cry from what I used to be. I hope you're all well.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Welcome “back” to the forums, and thanks for doing your part to educate our youth. I definitely remember your username from back in the day.

Meathos

'Mee-thoes'
GW Elder
Welcome “back” to the forums, and thanks for doing your part to educate our youth. I definitely remember your username from back in the day.

Great to see you back @Meathos, I definitely remember your name! Welcome home :)
Thanks, guys. It's weird that people remember me. I hung out in one specific corner.

That said, I'm pretty sure I'm the last/reigning Grim Reaper.
1-1-1 anyone? Lmao

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Thanks, guys. It's weird that people remember me. I hung out in one specific corner.

That said, I'm pretty sure I'm the last/reigning Grim Reaper.
1-1-1 anyone? Lmao

I mean, I spent a good deal in C&CW back when I went by Heretic and mdx381. You were a KNOWN personality there back then, everyone respected your writing.

Meathos

'Mee-thoes'
GW Elder
I mean, I spent a good deal in C&CW back when I went by Heretic and mdx381. You were a KNOWN personality there back then, everyone respected your writing.
Oh shit, I remember that name.

Howve you been?
I can't speak for everyone, but I always took note of you even if we never interacted much. :)
I had the same username for like 8 years, so it makes sense. I was also consistently present lmao

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Oh shit, I remember that name.

Howve you been?

I’m doing good, although I’m practically going through the online equivalency of a midlife crisis seeing all these usernames I haven’t seen in 20 years like some kinda high school reunion. How about you? Aside from the teaching career, life treating you good?

Meathos

'Mee-thoes'
GW Elder
Yeah, not bad. Married a girl from the forums a few years back. Got a band going. Couple cats. Regular stuff.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
It often is. I lived in the UK for a while. Test drove some luxury sports cars for a living for a while.
Sounds like a lot of fun! I hope I can get back to the UK at some point, got a lot of family still there that I'd like to get back in touch with.
Whatd you get up to?
Managed to get my masters in IT with concentration on Information Systems Security, became a Java programmer, quit 7 years ago to look after my mother who has dementia and I've been doing that ever since. It pays practically nothing, but she needs 24/7 care, so it was the better decision. Also came out as trans a couple of years back and have been dealing with the ups and lots of downs that come with that. Let me tell you, don't ever let a hate group find out you're trans, lol :D

Meathos

'Mee-thoes'
GW Elder
Sounds like a lot of fun! I hope I can get back to the UK at some point, got a lot of family still there that I'd like to get back in touch with.

Managed to get my masters in IT with concentration on Information Systems Security, became a Java programmer, quit 7 years ago to look after my mother who has dementia and I've been doing that ever since. It pays practically nothing, but she needs 24/7 care, so it was the better decision. Also came out as trans a couple of years back and have been dealing with the ups and lots of downs that come with that. Let me tell you, don't ever let a hate group find out you're trans, lol :D
There's a lot of hate all over. It's pretty bad in some places. Sounds like you're doing well though! Awesome.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
There's a lot of hate all over. It's pretty bad in some places. Sounds like you're doing well though! Awesome.
Pretty much, yeah, there's hatred for anything and everything. I was chatting with someone on a forum and it turned out that person was a part of KiwiFarms, if you're familiar with them, and...well...once they get hold of your information you're kind of screwed.

Doing alright, mostly. Two therapists, a psych and balancing 9 different doctors, but I carry on :)

did the whole tl;dr version here, lol https://gwforums.com/threads/crystal-or-apollo.9/post-2761

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
In Canada your name is pronounced 'boats'

friend buddy GIF by South Park

…and y’all look like this, right?

Meathos

'Mee-thoes'
GW Elder
But yeah, I meant to say Hiii! :waveI modded the Creative Writing forum from 2001-2008. Welcome back.
I remember you. I never felt up to snuff for Creative Writing, ironically, lol, so I stuck to C+C and its more shortform scene-writing

Yeah dude, i remember you too. I have the summer off, so 20 years later I'm bored again on GW lmao
Every day feels more like the old days. One of the good things about the new forum software is that it still shows unread threads from your last visit as opposed to how vB would log you out and mark everything as read. Makes it very easy to hop on for 2 minutes and then get off and check back a few minutes later. I remember feeling like I couldn’t log off GW until everything in the usercp showed no new posts

Meathos

'Mee-thoes'
GW Elder
You kinda hung out in the same corners as a lot of the fossils that are here. I was the reigning c+cw champ for a while, until I disappeared
I remember you left, and then Luci came back. I beat him, and then not long after the place shut down.

Also it's mee-thoes? That's sad. I've been saying it as Me A thoes.

It's a misspelling of Methos. Like, from Highlander: The Series.
I always pronounced it Me A thoes in my head as well. I think Methos (which I always pronounced Meth oes) was one of my co-mods of the NES forum back in the day.

But yes, welcome back, Meathos!

Now I'm thinking of Mentos, the fresh maker... and now the catchy 90s commercial jingle...

Meathos

'Mee-thoes'
GW Elder
I always pronounced it Me A thoes in my head as well. I think Methos (which I always pronounced Meth oes) was one of my co-mods of the NES forum back in the day.

Now I'm thinking of Mentos, the fresh maker... and now the catchy 90s commercial jingle...
I remember running into the other guy. We had a laugh. Iirc he was only active in the mod forum, and had voted for me to pass as mod lmao.

Tirith

Sad, lumpy oatmeal that used to be Xellos
GW Elder

I mean, if you want the pronunciation of the correct name, go play FF16, Ultima calls Clive "Mythos", but since everyone has an accent, it's pronounced similarly.

Major Isoor

Dynamite with a laser beam
GW Elder
Oh hey, Meathos! I remember you - can't remember which forums we both frequented though, but I saw you around a bunch. (Also, I'm the same as kut - Meeth-ohs FTW)

Back
Top Bottom