GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
About time you showed up
200.gif

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Leandros messaged me on Steam so I figured I'd pop in. I was formerly highwind124/Joseph Stalin on GW but have opted for, uh, not really that second name as I can't really justify the joke at this point. I've noticed a lot of familiar names that are neat to see :).

Welcome back, dude. Good to see you back. Somehow I remember both of your usernames.

Joseph Snapple

You don't know how to treat the Crypt Keeper!
GW Elder
About time you showed up
200.gif

Eeeehhhhhhh *shakes fist*

Welcome back, I remember you, though I'm sure you don't remember me
Name at minimum is familiar~

If we twist your head do you give us fun facts?

You get the equivalent of an owl pellet

Oh, and I added you to the old folk’s home, @Joseph Snapple.

You say this but it's 5PM and I've now been waiting 3 hours for dinner
I'm still going to call you Stalin.

Fair

Joseph Snapple

GW Elder
Keeping this a separate but general thing: even though I've largely fallen out of contact with a lot of folks as time passed and things changed (as they are obviously wont to do over a decade+ lol), I was always glad to see those of you on my steam/psn/etc friend lists online, even if it was just occasionally, and especially over the tumult of the last few years :)

Leandros?

GW Elder
Leandros messaged me on Steam so I figured I'd pop in. I was formerly highwind124/Joseph Stalin on GW but have opted for, uh, not really that second name as I can't really justify the joke at this point. I've noticed a lot of familiar names that are neat to see :).
Right on, right on

Ben

Stoned Guardian
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
I don't think I ever knew you as highwind, but definitely the latter. It's nice to see how everyone has grown past the edgy teenage stuff.

I'm sure I had you on Steam until I went nuts and purged everyone, unless someone else had the same avatar. I can't recall ever actually playing anything together, though. My gut says it was around when I was hanging with Nick/marasamune every night.

Welcome back!

Joseph Snapple

GW Elder
I don't think I ever knew you as highwind, but definitely the latter. It's nice to see how everyone has grown past the edgy teenage stuff.

I'm sure I had you on Steam until I went nuts and purged everyone, unless someone else had the same avatar. I can't recall ever actually playing anything together, though. My gut says it was around when I was hanging with Nick/marasamune every night.

Welcome back!

I think I remember us playing WoW a bit on...maybe Anub'arak? around Cataclysm but I can't recall any additional overlap.

Reactions: Ben

Ben

Stoned Guardian
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
I think I remember us playing WoW a bit on...maybe Anub'arak? around Cataclysm but I can't recall any additional overlap.
Oh shit, maybe we did. That was definitely my server, and Cataclysm is around when I recall getting mara and DrLarry into playing it. Now you mention it I think I recall you being a hunter?

That was probably when the guild was called Strange Factory.

Ben

Stoned Guardian
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
I remember Stalin playing a dwarf named Gimpedli

Danger 5 Laughing GIF
Yep, definitely recall that name now. But... Dwarf hunter would have meant Alliance, which I played to start with, so it must have been earlier than I thought. I was a Gnome warlock called Munstrum to start, then switched to a Tauren druid named Skelde.

Fuck... Did _you_ play WOW with me too, Vash? I remember playing Guild Wars with Christina and yourself, for sure, but not WOW.

I blame trying to block out those 6 years in SC from my memory, and weed having helped remarkably well.

Joseph Snapple

GW Elder
Yeah I played Malygos Alliance primarily for ages then want to say I rolled Horde on Anub when Vash was there, I think? Strange Factory definitely rang some bells. I think I was playing a rogue there, Lostara was the name I believe, as well as a death knight named Gothos at some point.

Ben

Stoned Guardian
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
Yeah I played Malygos Alliance primarily for ages then want to say I rolled Horde on Anub when Vash was there, I think? Strange Factory definitely rang some bells. I think I was playing a rogue there, Lostara was the name I believe, as well as a death knight named Gothos at some point.
I remember Malygos now. I was on that server when Burning Crusade came out as I recall rushing to hit new max level with my Gnome warlock and being proud I was among the earliest to get a flying mount. So it must have been vanilla or around then. I remember raiding Molten Core a lot. Zul'gurub, too. But I was also in some other random raiding guild I didn't run at one point, so that could have been with them.

Definitely regaining some foggy memories of Joe jumping around the Ironforge bank. And that makes me think I remember running around the Gnome/Dwarf starting zone probably with Vash, who I think was a dwarf warrior? Maybe paladin but I don't think you were human and those were the only race to start with.

I definitely server/faction/race transferred when that became available, and went Horde. Since we went from the same server to the same server I imagine it must have been a group decision, but I don't recall the names Lostara or Gothos.

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
On Malygos my main was a human Warrior, Caralexis I think the name was. But I had a tendency to roll alts like crazy. Never been a huge endgame min/max type in MMOs, I prefer the leveling experience. Dings just give that dopamine drip for me.

That said, the most fun I had in that game (or any MMO) was Wrath of the Lich King, running endgame dungeons with Stalin, Zio, Kat, and Christina, trying to farm my goddamn tanking shield.

Ben

Stoned Guardian
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
I do recall the name Caralexis.

I'm beginning to think it was you guys I started playing with, but I then went to join a raiding guild to see the end game stuff. Supremacy, I think it was. Then that GM screwed everyone over and it dispanded.

I think Brig and I then might have joined a goon guild from SomethingAwful around Wrath until that crashed and I started my own. I don't think I ever played with Kat or Zio, so that must have been after I went to raid.

@Joseph Snapple did you ever play with marasamune or DrLarry? They're the two GW people (aside from Brig) that I really remember playing with towards the end. It might even have been after I left GW. But I'm fairly sure you were cool with that crowd, so maybe we did play around Cataclysm too. 🤔

I think it was during Mists of Pandaria that I quit playing entirely.

Joseph Snapple

GW Elder
Yeah I was cool with mara but God, I just cannot remember. Cataclysm was where I dropped the game because it just maxed out on toxicity, and didn't come back until way late into Mists (then dropped again after Legion, and FF14's done a good job making me not want to bother going back).

ZandraJoi

Welcome! It's nice to meet you! :)

Back
Top Bottom