hay doods

Payton

GW Elder
Super happy to see this place. These forums were my teenage years. They got me through my parents' divorce, changing schools, moving all the time. Y'all were consistent. I mostly posted in PIMI but I remember spending a lot of time in the Wheel of Time forum when it was up as well. Writing fan fiction with tworow2, which we know he was fuckin' legendary at. :rofl Am I also a PIMI cook-off champ? I remember Olga being flabbergasted by steak and eggs.

So many of my fondest memories are playing Counter Strike and Team Fortress with the PIMI crew and Coleman. Fuck, I would spend hours in the middle of the night just letting Coleman tell me where to stand so he could jump on my head and strafe onto things. He's a hard man to train under. Worst boss I ever had. Thousands of hours in CS and I'm still awful, all due to his tutelage in my formative years.

Had the privilege of meeting blargh and Local Hero in person like a decade ago. Blargh and his SO were on a road trip and he stopped by. I had just moved to a new state for work, rented a new apartment, and I had like...no furniture at all. I had a desk and some air mattresses. We emptied a bottle of whiskey listening to music and playing guitar and had Waffle House. He is the shit, and a talented musician. And luthier!

I was driving through Local Hero's area hauling some equipment. This glorious bastard picked me up and took me to Chipotle for the first time ever. Dream of a human being.

I spent most of my 20s exploring the bottom of bottles of Wild Turkey and sank super deep into depression, isolating myself from everybody in my life including this community. Sorry for drifting away. Sorry Cole.

These days I'm California sober and living the dream. My 30s rock so far.

Tommy Boy, thanks again for reaching out on steam. Looking forward to diving into this place, all the old names already put a smile on my face.

Shadow.

☂☂☂☂☂☂
GW Elder
Super happy to see this place. These forums were my teenage years. They got me through my parents' divorce, changing schools, moving all the time. Y'all were consistent. I mostly posted in PIMI but I remember spending a lot of time in the Wheel of Time forum when it was up as well. Writing fan fiction with tworow2, which we know he was fuckin' legendary at. :rofl Am I also a PIMI cook-off champ? I remember Olga being flabbergasted by steak and eggs.

So many of my fondest memories are playing Counter Strike and Team Fortress with the PIMI crew and Coleman. Fuck, I would spend hours in the middle of the night just letting Coleman tell me where to stand so he could jump on my head and strafe onto things. He's a hard man to train under. Worst boss I ever had. Thousands of hours in CS and I'm still awful, all due to his tutelage in my formative years.

Had the privilege of meeting blargh and Local Hero in person like a decade ago. Blargh and his SO were on a road trip and he stopped by. I had just moved to a new state for work, rented a new apartment, and I had like...no furniture at all. I had a desk and some air mattresses. We emptied a bottle of whiskey listening to music and playing guitar and had Waffle House. He is the shit, and a talented musician. And luthier!

I was driving through Local Hero's area hauling some equipment. This glorious bastard picked me up and took me to Chipotle for the first time ever. Dream of a human being.

I spent most of my 20s exploring the bottom of bottles of Wild Turkey and sank super deep into depression, isolating myself from everybody in my life including this community. Sorry for drifting away. Sorry Cole.

Tommy Boy, thanks again for reaching out on steam. Looking forward to diving into this place, all the old names already put a smile on my face.
Hell yeah hey Payton! So many countless nights playing CS and games with you. Really glad to hear you're more settled in your 30s and in a good headspace! (oddly it seems like a decent amount of previous GW members had a similar journey as yours)

Payton

GW Elder
You and I on scoutzknivez, best nights. I can still hear your banshee wails.

Edit: Quoting is hard. Thats for Shadow

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Welcome back to the forums, dude. I don’t think we ever interacted much, maybe you came around after I was already gone… but you didn’t mention a single name I did not know and you shit on tworow, so you’re good in my book based on that alone. I’m glad you’ve worked your way through the shit show of life and managed to make it back here as a middle-aged fuck reliving your youth with the rest of us, we’re all glad so many people are coming back and checking this out.

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
you already know what I have to say.

these forums have been fun, I've caught up with so many people I lost contact with. I've already met one IRL and will likely be meeting one (or two) more in August.

but just for the chance alone to talk to you again has made all of this so special for me.

I'm so glad you joined.

I never saw this thread till now. I miss you dude 😘

I hope we can play some CS again soon

Back
Top Bottom