Gift Exchange

Would you be interested in participating in a gift exchange?

• Yes

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No thanks

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

Gloom-is-good

2.5 raccoons in a trench coat
GW Elder
Hi all!

It's your elf, Tutu! What's your favorite color?????

I'm putting together our little gift exchange as a little enhancement to GWF's xmas event. It's more on the white elephant/yankee swap side than it is the Secret Santa side simply because Secret Santa is moreso for people who know each other a little better. (Hey, maybe some year down the road we'll get there!)

I did some research and I believe I found a good platform that will give us a bit of fun interaction with each other without having to wholly sacrifice our internet anonymity. I won't spoil all the little details for you yet though.

I know we have some participants in the opposite time zones, and if there's enough interest, I really don't mind setting an alarm and hosting one just yall's group as well. Also it doesn't have to be within these next few weeks--we can do it January 1st (or later) if we decide on a good day :)

So I'm putting out feelers for who would be interested in participating, what preferences they have on a date/time, and any other suggestions/themes/limits to consider.

I would love to, but I barely have enough money for my kids this year :(
You shouldn’t need to buy your kids if you already have them… unless you’re just leasing them

I’m going to sit this out because I’m likely to forget about it and not purchase a gift for someone until April

Gloom-is-good

GW Elder
@Crystal @GwJumpman @Kat (and anyone else that I didn't know wanted to participate)

Since we have a smaller group, we have more options to consider:

Address sharing:
No sharing at all
Sharing with me - you'll have to either send me money to purchase said gift (or ship me the gift) - I'll go to the post office and send out everyone's gift
Sharing with your Santa (once revealed)

Time:
What part of the week/day works best for you?
What time zone is everyone in?

Dates to consider:
January 1st when possibly everyone is hungover? lol
Jan 5th, 6th or 7th?
Jan 15th? (for those of you who may have that as a holiday)
Literally any other day in January? lol (The only conflict I have is that I'll be in Belize 10th-14th).

Let me know please :)

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
@Crystal @GwJumpman @Kat (and anyone else that I didn't know wanted to participate)

Since we have a smaller group, we have more options to consider:

Address sharing:
No sharing at all
Sharing with me - you'll have to either send me money to purchase said gift (or ship me the gift) - I'll go to the post office and send out everyone's gift
Sharing with your Santa (once revealed)

Time:
What part of the week/day works best for you?
What time zone is everyone in?

Dates to consider:
January 1st when possibly everyone is hungover? lol
Jan 5th, 6th or 7th?
Jan 15th? (for those of you who may have that as a holiday)
Literally any other day in January? lol (The only conflict I have is that I'll be in Belize 10th-14th).

Let me know please :)
Address sharing -- I think we should share with whomever is revealed to be our santa

Time -- I'm available most of the day on weekends, but I am also available nights on most weekdays. Current time zone is MST

Dates -- 15th seems like the most obvious choice, IMO.

Gloom-is-good

GW Elder
@Crystal @GwJumpman @Kat + whoever else is still interested

Please send me a link to what you're "gifting". You don't have to buy it yet. A few other rules:
-Limit $15-20
-Should not be a gag gift! Find something you would get yourself. I don't want to see links to unicorn dildos, etc!

We're tentative for Jan 15th. Time undetermined. If you have a preference, speak now!

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
@Crystal @GwJumpman @Kat + whoever else is still interested

Please send me a link to what you're "gifting". You don't have to buy it yet. A few other rules:
-Limit $15-20
-Should not be a gag gift! Find something you would get yourself. I don't want to see links to unicorn dildos, etc!

We're tentative for Jan 15th. Time undetermined. If you have a preference, speak now!
Crap. I need to get searching!

Back
Top Bottom