Zell Wolf Game 4 MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's gotta be canadaguy:

- Successful priest kill
- On Day 3 didn't vote Tubby/skip and was like "guys we should wait to see if Smacktard dies"
- Made the right choice at the end
I'm so glad he listened to me on the second to last day and switched back to Benzine with his vote though.

But yeah I'm not sure who else could get it this time around.

Also TD, don't forget, the tubby thing was because he presented a timeline that should have been impossible (Zell goofed up on that one). There should have been no way for an actual Beast Hunter to have done what he was claiming. The town got cocky and decided to try and limit the destruction to a single wolf kill instead of multiple alchemist ones.

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
Also TD, don't forget, the tubby thing was because he presented a timeline that should have been impossible (Zell goofed up on that one). There should have been no way for an actual Beast Hunter to have done what he was claiming. The town got cocky and decided to try and limit the destruction to a single wolf kill instead of multiple alchemist ones.
From my outsider perspective - the Tubby thing hardly seemed like evidence and the fact that Smacktard was pushing for Tubby to get killed should have been a major red flag at that point that should have overruled that (this stage of the game, down to 2 KNOWN wolves, the wolves need the alchemist).

Couple that with you could've hypothetically put an end to the wolves and prevented Vash from dying by lynching Smack (unless guardian was used) and jailing/killing Benzine. The town victory could've been locked up at that point.

From my outsider perspective - the Tubby thing hardly seemed like evidence and the fact that Smacktard was pushing for Tubby to get killed should have been a major red flag at that point that should have overruled that (this stage of the game, down to 2 KNOWN wolves, the wolves need the alchemist).

Couple that with you could've hypothetically put an end to the wolves and prevented Vash from dying by lynching Smack (unless guardian was used) and jailing/killing Benzine. The town victory could've been locked up at that point.
Yeah it could have been locked up earlier and not relied on the alchemist.

For me it wasn't a matter of believing Smacktard. Didn't give a shit what he thought on the matter. I wanted to use the day to try and out the alchemist and said so right at the beginning of the day. I still thought we would have taken out the wolves regardless but then the tide shifted with the votes going for the "alchemist" and I didn't feel like going against it because it seemed obvious tubby had to be lying.

Also: how would the tubby thing not be evidence? He claimed to be informed his trap set two days in a row when it was only possible for a single trap to have been activated by that point. The unfortunate reality is that his time zone and Zell getting confused by the timing of PMs led to an impossible situation becoming a reality. Again, it had nothing to do with what Kelly was saying for me, normally when someone claims they've been able to do something that should have been impossible, they're lying about their role.

Last edited:

TD

10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
Also: how would the tubby thing not be evidence? He claimed to be informed his trap set two days in a row when it was only possible for a single trap to have been activated by that point. The unfortunate reality is that his time zone and Zell getting confused by the timing of PMs led to an impossible situation becoming a reality. Again, it had nothing to do with what Kelly was saying for me, normally when someone claims they've been able to do something that should have been impossible, they're lying about their role.
To me, Tubby's story seemed more feasible than any other beast hunter claim - even using the exact terminology ("activated") and subsequently getting confused by the difference between that and triggered. It seemed very innocent, the extra night seemed of genuine confusion and that he just changed his mind of who the trap should go to before realizing it needed to be set on one night phase. It's actually not a straight forward role for some.

On the flipside, while Kelly may not have been why you went after Tubby, it was definitely why others did. For some reason it was believed that Smack got a potion, thus leading to Raposa being ignored. Again, the biggest red flag going after Tubby was Smacktard. While you may not have voted Tubby because of that, Smack was definitely a reason to not vote Tubby.

I probably have the benefit of not being "in it" when I look at this, so that's also probably worth considering.

To me, Tubby's story seemed more feasible than any other beast hunter claim - even using the exact terminology ("activated") and subsequently getting confused by the difference between that and triggered. It seemed very innocent, the extra night seemed of genuine confusion and that he just changed his mind of who the trap should go to before realizing it needed to be set on one night phase. It's actually not a straight forward role for some.

On the flipside, while Kelly may not have been why you went after Tubby, it was definitely why others did. For some reason it was believed that Smack got a potion, thus leading to Raposa being ignored. Again, the biggest red flag going after Tubby was Smacktard. While you may not have voted Tubby because of that, Smack was definitely a reason to not vote Tubby.

I probably have the benefit of not being "in it" when I look at this, so that's also probably worth considering.
Zell literally said he made a mistake in the timing though. Vash had asked tubby multiple times to confirm what had happened and he described 4 distinct actions when there could have only been 3 by that point.

So we jumped on tubby for claiming he got an extra night phase, when in reality he actually did get another night phase.

• Haha
Reactions: TD

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Ignoring the fact that I didn't listen to a single thing Kelly said about the actual content of the game the entire time, that would be another chip in the "Tubby's an alchemist" pile. Wolves can't kill him, they need the town to do it.

I think cg is the clear pick here, but definitely want Benzine and Raposa to know how much I appreciate what they brought to the game.

(Also think if cg didn't have those couple clear hero moments, Kat would be a dark horse for MVP. She had Raposa dead to rights.)

TD

10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
Ignoring the fact that I didn't listen to a single thing Kelly said about the actual content of the game the entire time, that would be another chip in the "Tubby's an alchemist" pile. Wolves can't kill him, they need the town to do it.
Which is exactly what Kelly was trying to sell you. While the wolves can't kill the RK, the "when" is very important. At that stage of the game with both wolves outed, the only play for the wolves is to let the Alchemist live and try to kill a townie. Which happened - and if it wasn't for Raposa, the wolves actually would've won.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom