• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE

FireFox is gaslighting me (Or the internet sucks)

Raine

Chief Liquid Officer, Shitposting Dept.
GW Elder
The internet was a mistake.

YOU FOOL!

I'm sure all of that is accompanied by at least two mandatory 15-20 second ads and takes all the fun out of it. We need to go back!

Also to be fair this probably doesn't help:

oops.png

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Also to be fair this probably doesn't help:

View attachment 4187
Jesus, and I thought my 50 open tabs was excessive.

My ad blocker on my phone claims to have blocked this much over the past month:

1000005560.png

I'm also skeptical. I mostly use Wi-Fi so I can't see how much total data I've used, but I'd be surprised if it's even double digit GB.

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
I found a more detailed breakdown, which only increases my suspicions.

1000005562.png

Note the blocked ad count per app, and that it's sorted by most ads to the top, and #3 is a mere 5. Also I pay for Pandora, so it doesn't have any ads. So where did it block those other 867k ads? Hmmm.

I'm assuming for the data section, the uploaded/downloaded numbers are after the blocked data is removed, so it's claiming I've used 15GB. I doubt it, but even if we believe them, ads are an order of magnitude more data than desired data?! Even considering I mostly read forums and news articles and I don't stream video, that doesn't seem reasonable.

I'm going to show this to the data analytics side of my team and see what they think of it.

Back
Top Bottom