Fellow PC Master Race?

Ryan!

Mew is a fkn cat
GW Elder
I dropped consoles entirely after the 360. Went to PC and never looked back. Currently have an i9-12900k 3080 set up.

Who else has joined the master race? What is your build?

Nvidia 3080 EVGA FTW3
i7 something, and a gaming MSI Motherboard (both from January 2019, the oldest parts in my PC). I'm too lazy to check the exact models right now. I'll update this post later.
32GB Corsair RGB DDR5 RAM
Scythe FUMA 2 CPU Cooler
Lian Li o11 Dynamic case with 9 Lian Li RGB fans
3TB SSD storage across 3 drives, 2 of which are NVMe M.2
Lian Li strimmer cables for GPU and mobo
4K Samsung Odyssey G7 LS28AG700NNXZA 28" Gaming Monitor
Varmilo Mechanical keyboard (cherry mx browns)
SteelSeries Arctis 7+ Headset
SteelSeries Rival 600 Mouse

After taking these photos I put the case on a tower stand with casters, to keep it up off the floor.

PXL_20211223_093147514.NIGHT-1.jpg

PXL_20211223_093224419.NIGHT-1.jpg

PXL_20221125_224953014.jpg

Last edited:

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
I love my PC, it's no powerhouse, but it works for me!

My next build will be back to Intel, I think, but the current one is an AMD build, which has been great :)

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming
Zotac GTX 1660
32GB DDR4-3200
Corsair H60 AIO
NZXT H5 Flow case

No RGB for me :)

My last case was NZXT but I fell in love with the Lian Li.

My fiance got the mini version of my case in black. Fewer fans, a Noctua blackout CPU Cooler, AMD Red Devil 6800XT, Ryzen 9 and newer motherboard (Dec 2020).

That's a Samsung Odyssey G7 32.5" curved 2k monitor.

Photo taken when he got a new desk.

PXL_20220327_011645866.MP-1.jpg

Last edited:

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
Oooo I just build a new PC in April

Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Asus TUF Gaming X670E-PLUS WIFI
PNY XLR8 GeForce RTX 4090
32 GB DDR5 6000 G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO
ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360
2 TB + 1 TB Samsung 980 Pro SSDs
Corsair RM1000x Shift
NZXT H7 Flow
Alienware AW3423DWF 34" QD-OLED Gaming Monitor

The only pic I have of it lol:
View attachment 505
That's a pretty build right there! This is why I need to stay away from threads like this, lol, I'm getting the itch to build another system. Couldn't even afford the memory, nevermind the expense of a GPU these days. Hell of a system you've got, though!

That's a pretty build right there! This is why I need to stay away from threads like this, lol, I'm getting the itch to build another system. Couldn't even afford the memory, nevermind the expense of a GPU these days. Hell of a system you've got, though!
I love it. Plays the absolute shit out of everything. I really built it because for Black Friday I ordered an HP Reverb G2 for sim racing, and my old machine wasn't up to the task of driving that headset. Most expensive BF purchase ever lmao

Never did get into VR, how is it these days?
I legit only use it for sim racing with my wheel setup. For that it's incredible. Hopefully, the recently announced Microsoft Flight Sim 2024 will support VR same as MSFS2020 did. I wanted to give MSFS a shot, but don't have a decent flight stick to play with so never really got around to it. If 2024 has VR support I'll probably just skip right to that.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
I legit only use it for sim racing with my wheel setup. For that it's incredible. Hopefully, the recently announced Microsoft Flight Sim 2024 will support VR same as MSFS2020 did. I wanted to give MSFS a shot, but don't have a decent flight stick to play with so never really got around to it. If 2024 has VR support I'll probably just skip right to that.
Ah, I hear you, flight sims are fun and I can imagine in VR they're quite intense!

I finally did it in 2020, best decision ever.

Intel Core i7-9700F
B365M DS3H WIFI
16GB DDR4 SDRAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER
1TB NVMe M.2 ISSD (C Drive/Games) + 1TB HDD (Hard backups) + 500GB SSD (Swap Space)
Predator XB271HU Widescreen LCD Monitor + Shitty HP sidecar
Logitech G502 HERO Limited - Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum
HyperX Cloud Alpha S 7.1 Surround Sound Headset

I made sure it could handle VR, and I purchased a MetaQuest 2 in 2022. Playing Half-Life Alyx on this setup was a breeze. I never knew what it was like to have a good PC growing up, so it's kind of insane still being able to play all my games on high/max settings. I didn't go with the 4K monitor/setup because I don't think it's necessary - I prefer UHD and think the resolution is fine for being this close to the screen.

jObmflF.jpg

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
I finally did it in 2020, best decision ever.

Intel Core i7-9700F
B365M DS3H WIFI
16GB DDR4 SDRAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER
1TB NVMe M.2 ISSD (C Drive/Games) + 1TB HDD (Hard backups) + 500GB SSD (Swap Space)
Predator XB271HU Widescreen LCD Monitor + Shitty HP sidecar
Logitech G502 HERO Limited - Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum
HyperX Cloud Alpha S 7.1 Surround Sound Headset

I made sure it could handle VR, and I purchased a MetaQuest 2 in 2022. Playing Half-Life Alyx on this setup was a breeze. I never knew what it was like to have a good PC growing up, so it's kind of insane still being able to play all my games on high/max settings. I didn't go with the 4K monitor/setup because I don't think it's necessary - I prefer UHD and think the resolution is fine for being this close to the screen.

View attachment 507
Very nice! Great looking specs there, for sure!

Hopefully, the recently announced Microsoft Flight Sim 2024 will support VR same as MSFS2020 did. I wanted to give MSFS a shot, but don't have a decent flight stick to play with so never really got around to it. If 2024 has VR support I'll probably just skip right to that.
I'm thinking about getting my fiance a flight stick for his birthday. I need to jump on that because it's in a week and a half.

I bought an Asus ROG Strix II laptop back in 2019 I think. It has an i7 something, 2070 graphics card and its still okay. I got a lot of use out of it but I've switched back to console this year with the PS5. The games available for that are just amazing... and I finished a room in my basement with a massive TV, sound system and comfy couch so I'd rather sit there than in my office area.

Tirith

Sad, lumpy oatmeal that used to be Xellos
GW Elder
Although I still play consoles quite a bit, I've built a literal beast and prefer to use that whenever I can....

ROG Dark Hero VII X570
Ryzen 9 5950X
64GB DDR4 (3600)
EVGA FTW3 RTX 3090
2- 2TB m.2 ssd, 2 1TB SSD, 8TB HDD
2 1440p 144Hz monitors (one ASUS, one LG) and a 4k 120Hz Samsung
Valve Index VR headset
Thrustmaster TMX Pro Steering Wheel, + shifter + pedals

And when I'm away from home, I have my Steam Deck

Crazy Jamie

GW Elder
I finally joined the Master Race a few years ago. Before then I'd been a console gamer with powerful enough work laptops to do some PC gaming, but never running the latest titles at high spec. Can't find the specs at the moment (I'm on a train on my MacBook Air), but it's a 3070 i5 build. I've really enjoyed it. Haven't really pushed it yet to be honest, but I was never going to be able to play it a massive amount (the downside of working so much that I have enough to buy it without worrying about how much I use it is that I don't have a lot of time to play it). I've not really been tempted to upgrade the graphics card this generation, but will likely do so next generation.

aiat_gamer

GW Elder
I have been a part of master race since forever. I used to get consoles like ps4 or switch, but since Sony started to release games on pc and emulators are pretty good on pc, I sold all my consoles. A few month ago I went nuts and got my self a 4080. My friends make fun of me though since my main interests are small indie games that can run on potatoes.

I am not going to post a pic since I hate rgb and my entire setup is just black without any lights!

Scott

Featherless Biped
GW Elder
Been primarily PC gaming for probably about ten years now!

My current build:
Ryzen 7 5700X
Asus Prime X-470
EVGA RTX 2060
64GB Corsair Ram @ 3200mhz
250GB + 2TB SSD
500GB NVMe
More RGB than is necessary

1689586477021.png

Back
Top Bottom