Active Feature request

We could, it'd take a little bit of a workaround, but I'm sure we could find a way to make it work!
Lets Go Come On Man GIF by filmeditor

Ben

Stoned Guardian
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
lol, we'll see, Lee's pretty busy right now after a promotion (yay, Lee!!!), he might not be able to save us this time ;)
comedy central blake henderson GIF by Workaholics

So, not until sometime tomorrow cause it's late thanks to DST so I should sleep, but I'll take a look over the templates and see if I can make this happen.

I'd imagine the only challenge is if the last posters avatar isn't pulled into that function, where I'd need to make it an actual addon with php functions or whatever. Guess we'll cross that later.

Anyway, seen.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
comedy central blake henderson GIF by Workaholics

So, not until sometime tomorrow cause it's late thanks to DST so I should sleep, but I'll take a look over the templates and see if I can make this happen.

I'd imagine the only challenge is if the last posters avatar isn't pulled into that function, where I'd need to make it an actual addon with php functions or whatever. Guess we'll cross that later.

Anyway, seen.
season 2 running GIF by 9-1-1 on FOX

A hero emerges

Ben

Stoned Guardian
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
You've got to be talking about mobile layout, right? Landscape/desktop does include both, although this at least gives me hope that it's the in the template and would just need to be switcherood.

1000005521.jpg

1000005522.jpg

Ben

Stoned Guardian
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
Alright, going on the assumption that the question I asked above was correct, I've switched stuff up.

As below;

Orange Box:
  • Was original thread creator.
  • Now the last poster in the thread.
Red Box:
  • Was whether you've posted in a thread, and how many times.
  • Now shows original thread creator.
Green Box:
  • Was the last poster in the thread.
  • Now shows whether you've posted in a thread, and how many times.

1710124784691.png

Ben

Stoned Guardian
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
So @Crystal, how many of these feature bounties do I need to complete before I can roll an XF Warlock? :evil

Lee

XF Wizard
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Commissioner
Sorry I haven't been around much - as @Crystal said the promotion at work is eating my time at the moment.

I'll hopefully have more time to dedicate soon, once things have settled back down.

I don't intend on working 12hr shifts forever.

You are in capable hands with the xf Warlock @Ben though. :D

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
Sorry I haven't been around much - as @Crystal said the promotion at work is eating my time at the moment.

I'll hopefully have more time to dedicate soon, once things have settled back down.

You're absolutely fine, Lee, we're grateful for your mere presence ❤️

Ben

Stoned Guardian
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder

As @Crystal said, definitely no need to apologize or feel you've got any obligation to this place.

We're appreciative of your company and knowledge of XF, but absolutely understand real-life taking priority. I don't think anyone here, all the way up to Crystal, should feel any guilt from having to take a break in activity. Clearly even after taking a 10+ year AFK from the community, some of us fall right back in like we'd never left.

Congrats again on the promotion, dude. I'm sure you're nailing it.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
We're appreciative of your company and knowledge of XF, but absolutely understand real-life taking priority. I don't think anyone here, all the way up to Crystal, should feel any guilt from having to take a break in activity.
Absolutely true! No harm in having real life obligations or just taking a break. GWF's here for everyone, anytime.
Clearly even after taking a 10+ year AFK from the community, some of us fall right back in like we'd never left.
...and never will again...right?
Staring Cup Of Tea GIF by Pudgy Penguins

:D

Ben

Stoned Guardian
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
...and never will again...right?
Staring Cup Of Tea GIF by Pudgy Penguins

:D
X Factor Reaction GIF by X Factor Global

*gulp*
10 year breaks are for unlearning the toxic bullshit the 00s internet set on us, and reevaluating who you are as a person. Unless you want me to go unlearn how to be a funny chill motherfucker this time, I ain't going anywhere.

Just gotta get the ass-print I had molded into the forums fully reformed.

homer simpson GIF

Lovingly.

homer simpson GIF

Not enough that the asshole shows, though. Not again.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
X Factor Reaction GIF by X Factor Global

*gulp*
10 year breaks are for unlearning the toxic bullshit the 00s internet set on us, and reevaluating who you are as a person. Unless you want me to go unlearn how to be a funny chill motherfucker this time, I ain't going anywhere.

Just gotta get the ass-print I had molded into the forums fully reformed.

homer simpson GIF

Lovingly.

homer simpson GIF

Not enough that the asshole shows, though. Not again.
Meh, understandable, but just keep on being you.

• Shrug
Reactions: Ben

Lee

XF Wizard
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Commissioner
As @Crystal said, definitely no need to apologize or feel you've got any obligation to this place.

We're appreciative of your company and knowledge of XF, but absolutely understand real-life taking priority. I don't think anyone here, all the way up to Crystal, should feel any guilt from having to take a break in activity. Clearly even after taking a 10+ year AFK from the community, some of us fall right back in like we'd never left.

Congrats again on the promotion, dude. I'm sure you're nailing it.
Thanks Ben, giving it my best shot that is for sure. I've never managed anything before, so a whole department is a definite change.

• Respect

Ben

Stoned Guardian
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
I've been thinking on this, and figure there are a few more tweaks I could make to improve it.

Screenshot shows current up top, proposed at bottom. Basically moving all of the last post information over to the left with the original thread poster on the right. This would mean on mobile you'll get the last post time/name instead of the thread creator. It does already contain the last post info on the small view though so this is more to match up the name with the big avatar.

1711576322902.png

1711576551376.png

Thoughts?

Ben

Stoned Guardian
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
I don't know that we need to be that radical, but if that's what we want to do.
It's more that I wondered if it was confusing having just switched the avatars around. The last poster's avatar is the bigger one on the left now, but the OPs info and thread post date are next to it. That's mostly why I wonder if I should move the last poster info to the left as well.

Or I could spitball other design layouts. :shrug

It's more that I wondered if it was confusing having just switched the avatars around. The last poster's avatar is the bigger one on the left now, but the OPs info and thread post date are next to it. That's mostly why I wonder if I should move the last poster info to the left as well.

Or I could spitball other design layouts. :shrug
I liked your suggestion

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Ohh. Ben, I was confused about your first mock-up because it wasn't the mobile layout, so I didn't know why you were changing it there when it already had everything.

I personally don't care about seeing avatars. It's not meaningful to me, I'm not going to recognize most of them. I would rather have the indication of whether or not I posted in the thread.

Maybe the name of the last poster can be added to the reply section?

Back
Top Bottom