Open EPL Pick'em '23/'24

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
Sadly there is no allowing for draws in the Pick'em add-on, sorry!

I've added the first two of the weeks available, sorry for the delay. Will try to add more weeks over the weekend.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I assume it's impossible to add a third result type for draw?

I noticed when there were draws on the NFL one that draws simply won’t count towards the total of correct picks. No different than if teams 1 and 2 and then teams 3 and 4 play, I pick team 1 and 3 and you pick team 2 and 4 and we each get get one win, our picks would cancel each other out on the score for the week. It’s one of those things that makes sense, but doesn’t, but do.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Yeah I mean that all makes sense but a draw is a legitimate pick in EPL, hence the reason I asked as there will be 1-3 draws each week and sometimes you just know a match is destined for it.
For example, Everton and Wolves this weekend.

Yeah, I get that with the sport being lower-scoring the inevitability is a lot higher. The same thing would likely happen if we covered something like tennis. Considering the popularity of soccer/football/black & white ball game worldwide, I wonder if I’m missing a detail in the add-on somewhere that compensates for draws… like a different pool type or something.

These are our options for formatting:

IMG_3674.jpeg

Are you familiar with any of those styles and whether or not they’d be better for soccer? As it stands now, I set the EPL up mirrored off of the MLB, NFL, and NHL one since I don’t know anything about soccer beyond “the ball goes in the goal” and it’s kinda sorta similar to hockey.

I won premier League contest on the old forums once without ever watching that season (wasn't easy access for me back then). I think it may have been a fantasy league?

Oh well. I'll be making picks in this thing too without being able to follow too closely (I pick and choose what sports I watch so I don't go overboard with my wife, who doesn't like them much if we're not in person)

Everyone loses!
kill me now barney stinson GIF

Back
Top Bottom