Resolved Email Notifications

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this has been addressed and resolved before --

I recently started getting tons of email notifications for threads I'm watching here. Since I first signed up to now, I haven't really seen any of these come through my GMail, save for the occasional few. As of this week, I'm seeing them come through constantly. Rather than going to each thread I'm watching, unwatching it, and then re-watching it with email turned off, is there any bulk way to turn off ALL emails? Like, I want zero emails from this site at all. Nothing personal, I just don't need a notification in the form of an email for anything ever.

So, is there an easier way to do this? Somewhere in settings I grazed over and missed? TIA.

Solution

I recently started getting tons of email notifications for threads I'm watching here. Since I first signed up to now, I haven't really seen any of these come through my GMail, save for the occasional few. As of this week, I'm seeing them come through constantly. Rather than going to each thread I'm watching, unwatching it, and then re-watching it with email turned off, is there any bulk way to turn off ALL emails? Like, I want zero emails from this site at all. Nothing personal, I just don't need a notification in the form of an email for anything ever.

So, is there an easier way to do this? Somewhere in settings I grazed over and missed? TIA.
Also under preferences...

Also under preferences (click you name in the upper right and Preferences you can set all the email stuff. I have mine off by default for that reason.

1701360292255.png

Solution

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
Yeah, you can disable all notifications from GWF and nothing will come through. The only exception would be if we sent out a newsletter or something to that effect...which might happen, as a means of attempting to bring back some members that haven't posted in a while, but we'll be careful not to send them out frequently (one a month, one a quarter, we're not sure).

Gmail seems to hate us, for the past few months they've blocked anything we've sent and now it seems they're playing catch up, lol. Sorry about that!

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
They were probably just going to your junk mail before, I know they recently started being delivered to my inbox after going to junk since I first signed up.

The same happened to me one day last week from the looks of my inbox, so I’m guessing something reset somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom