• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

PC [EDIT: It's here!] Cats + Spaceships + Roguelite = Whisker Squadron: Survivor

BRO a roguelike FLIGHT GAME?

get me as a beta tester, get me an early access list, link me to the game. you are speaking my fucking language.

Aaron says:
Sure! There's a free demo on the Steam page and it has a feedback form built in - but I'm also planning to do one or two more zoom playtests next week and if they'd like to participate that's be great! Feel free to DM them my email.

Here's a link to the steam page:

I'll also DM you his email in case you'd like to be one of the last official playtesters!

Whoa I just saw a thread about this game on ResetEra. That’s super cool that you know the devs! I will watch the trailer later when I’m at my desk lol
Aaron used to work at Ravensoft, back when they made things that were not just Call of Duty, lol, and he's put together a small (10 or so?) but mighty little team! They hired another studio (DCell I think) to do full animation for the trailer. Definitely one of the better indie trailers I think I've seen.

Jawneh

Full-time time waster
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
So what I'm seeing is that the survivor will be like a roguelite Starfox? And the full game something like Star Wars Rogue Squadron? I don't hate it. I liked all that a lot.

I also know of a streamer who might be into playing the demo and streaming it. I can't promise anything, but I can throw the name forward if Aaron is interested in that. He's a very good egg.

This is dope. If I had a Pc I'd be playing it. Has the team mentioned anything about porting it to Xbox at all?
Standby, I'll find out! A lot of things have been mentioned, so I don't want to get it wrong 😅

So what I'm seeing is that the survivor will be like a roguelite Starfox? And the full game something like Star Wars Rogue Squadron? I don't hate it. I liked all that a lot.
Yep! This one is a roguelite Starfox basically, something between Starfox meets Vampire Survivors. I've never played Star Wars Rogue Squadron, but the next Whisker Squadron title will be more of an open world experience. They want to have more of a focus on exploration of the galaxy, moons, and the creatures within the universe, etc.

I also know of a streamer who might be into playing the demo and streaming it. I can't promise anything, but I can throw the name forward if Aaron is interested in that. He's a very good egg.
Yeah! I'm sure he'd love to have more streamers playing the game. Let me know if there's anything they need to stream!

Back to say: It's here!

They've been toiling away at this for a couple years now, taking it from a colorful playground to a really mature futuristic aesthetic, and from open world elements to splitting it into multiple titles, this one focused on a roguelite on-rails shooter experience.

Indie games are hard, especially with a team this small. I'm impressed by how hard they've worked and what they've been able to put together. If you play, I hope you like it! It's on sale on steam currently. Link:

Raine

Chief Liquid Officer, Shitposting Dept.
GW Elder
Aw, wish I would've kept better tabs on this! Totally would've BG3'd it in the weekly console thread. ...Few read them anyway, I'll go do that in a moment and no one will be the wiser!

Congratulations on the successful launch! 😁

Aw, wish I would've kept better tabs on this! Totally would've BG3'd it in the weekly console thread. ...Few read them anyway, I'll go do that in a moment and no one will be the wiser!

Congratulations on the successful launch! 😁
😍 This is amazingly thoughtful, thank you so much, it's super appreciated!

And update: We're pretty excited, I just looked and it so far still seems to have only positive reviews on Steam.

It's also been picked up by an interesting and unintentional crowd, furries 😂 Some of the feedback is hysterical (and a lot of the fan art is very NSFW).

@Lunar Kreskents -- tell your partner the game is so much fun! Thanks to @Raine I got the chance to play it and it's amazing fun :)
I'm so excited to hear you enjoyed! I sent him your message, he will surely appreciate it. 😸 Also thanks @Raine!
Cats Happy Cat GIF

Fun fact: My partner and Team Flippfly just released a big new update to Whisker Squadron: Survivor. If you haven't gotten in on that sweet cats+spaceships action, now is the time!

Screenshot 2024-06-27 at 6.17.58 AM.png

It's a roguelike shooter from the makers of Race The Sun if you played that way back when. The update is going for more depth in the experience, with a new branching map where each node is a combat encounter or some other interesting choice, a more fleshed out narrative, and a lot more variety on enemies.

Pew pew shameless plug!

Back
Top Bottom