Dream Matches?

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
If you could pull wrestlers from their prime in any era for a match against another wrestler or other wrestlers from other eras, what would your all time dream matches be?

For me...hmm...

1.) Stone Cold vs LA Knight -- ...I know, I know, it's cheesy, but let's see it. They compare them all the time, so do the thing.

2.) Sting vs Undertaker -- We all wanted it, we never got it.

3.) Battle of the Giants -- Andre vs Big Show vs Kevin Nash vs Undertaker, all in their prime...would be fun!

...there are more, and obviously FAR BETTER options than these, but sticking with some fun ones for now.

What are your dream matches?

but Hogan was not.
That is true, but Hogan was great at selling the entertainment of a match. Go back and watch Hogan-Andre from WM3; from a technical, wrestling perspective the match stunk but from an entertainment angle? It was all about the build-up, the anticipation - can Hulk Hogan lift and bodyslam Andre the Giant?

That's what sold the match and got butts in seats that night. Cena-Hogan would be in the same vein.

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Bumping this thread because I was talking to @Cole today, and this subject came up (not for the first time) and I had one hit me that I'm really sad could never happen.

Dusty Rhodes vs The Rock

Honestly it has nothing to do with the current Rock/Cody storyline, though that's a fun little connection.

My reasoning was because they are two of the most naturally charismatic men to ever step foot in the ring. I think their styles would mesh well for a good match.

But the story is right there.

The son of a plumber vs a man who was born into wrestling royalty, but wants to act like he came from Hard Times

The promos would be hot fire, and I really think Dusty and the Rock could easily manipulate a good crowd into a special moment.

Bumping this thread because I was talking to @Cole today, and this subject came up (not for the first time) and I had one hit me that I'm really sad could never happen.

Dusty Rhodes vs The Rock

Honestly it has nothing to do with the current Rock/Cody storyline, though that's a fun little connection.

My reasoning was because they are two of the most naturally charismatic men to ever step foot in the ring. I think their styles would mesh well for a good match.

But the story is right there.

The son of a plumber vs a man who was born into wrestling royalty, but wants to act like he came from Hard Times

The promos would be hot fire, and I really think Dusty and the Rock could easily manipulate a good crowd into a special moment.
@VashTheStampede, I know you and I don't probably agree on a lot when it comes to wrestling but goddamn if that - *points above* - wouldn't be one of the best damn dream matches ever.

Period, end of story.

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
@VashTheStampede, I know you and I don't probably agree on a lot when it comes to wrestling but goddamn if that - *points above* - wouldn't be one of the best damn dream matches ever.

Period, end of story.

Honestly Webster, I think if you and I just sat down and watched some stuff together, we'd have a hell of a time, differences be damned.

Honestly Webster, I think if you and I just sat down and watched some stuff together, we'd have a hell of a time, differences be damned.
Exactly. Its' like I said to @Crystal in PM's when we were talking about wrestling overall.... "If I didn't care about the sport, I wouldn't talk about it."

I want this business we're fans of to do well; if that means I gotta' BMW (bitch-moan-whine) about it then I"m gonna BMW about it.

I want to see great matches w/clear faces and clear heels (plus the occasional tweener here and there) in feuds/storylines/angles that one can follow w/out going inside baseball on the average fan.

I want all four national promotions - WWE, AEW, TNA and NWA - to succeed and flourish.

R.49488879df90fab75f6b4b6d6a8851c0

@Webster and @VashTheStampede hashing out the intricacies of the sport we love... ♥️

Ever want to see @VashTheStampede how my mind works in regards to booking?

There's one example just from the past few weeks' worth of AEW wrestling...

It's competition that brings out the best in every company. I often see fans rooting for the downfall of a particular company, and it always makes me roll my eyes. Why would you want less competition? Do you not understand how bad it is for one company to hold a monopoly over the business? Well, that's what happened when WCW folded and there was no one left to truly challenge WWE. As a result, wrestling went on a downward trend as WWE would become more & more complacent and stubborn in their ways over the years. Look at how awful the last decade was, especially towards the later half.

We might have our differences and own preferences on what we like, but at the end of the day, we're just fans of professional wrestling. See, wrestling is akin to the movies. There's all sorts of different genres & styles to choose from. Obviously everyone has their own preferences and that's fine. As long as everyone is respectful about it, then that's all that matters.

As Brian Zane would put it, like what you like. Don't be a dick.

Back
Top Bottom