Dodgers and Shohei Ohtani Agree to a 10 year, 700 Million Dollar Contract

Supposedly, the Rockies owner is worth 700 million.

That's 70 million a year. Not even Deshaun Watson's cap hit in 2024 and onward (64 mil a year) will be that much.

People of r/baseball may not like it because he's like their god there, but I'm comfortable in saying that this contract is going to be a massive failure. He got yet another injury that restricted him from being able to pitch towards the end of the year. I think it's a matter of time before his numbers drop off and injuries come to get him.

Supposedly, the Rockies owner is worth 700 million.

That's 70 million a year. Not even Deshaun Watson's cap hit in 2024 and onward (64 mil a year) will be that much.

People of r/baseball may not like it because he's like their god there, but I'm comfortable in saying that this contract is going to be a massive failure. He got yet another injury that restricted him from being able to pitch towards the end of the year. I think it's a matter of time before his numbers drop off and injuries come to get him.

I heard a lot is deferred so the cap hit is less and they have more flexibility

Who the fuck needs 70 million a year to play baseball?

I will never understand the stupid contracts given to baseball players for what is arguably the least physically taxing or dangerous of the four major American sports. Hell add in soccer too, and baseball is STILL last.

While you have hockey players in arguably the MOST dangerous and taxing getting paid the least.

Hold up @Jon did you just imply soccer isn't physically taxing?
No sir. I said that baseball is the least physically taxing of the four American major sports (Football, Hockey, Basketball and Baseball). Then added you can add soccer into the list (even though it isn't a major sport in America) and baseball is still the least physically taxing by far.

Soccer I'd rate third behind hockey and American football.

No sir. I said that baseball is the least physically taxing of the four American major sports (Football, Hockey, Basketball and Baseball). Then added you can add soccer into the list (even though it isn't a major sport in America) and baseball is still the least physically taxing by far.

Soccer I'd rate third behind hockey and American football.
Phew we are agreed

• Hugs
Reactions: Jon
I wanted to see how much the Dolans were worth, can I came across an article listing out how much every owner and team is worth.

The Dolans are worth more than Mark Walter who owns the Dodgers, but the Guardians are in the botton 5 in terms of payroll, and Dolan is claiming they won't have any money to field a competitive team without a TV broadcaster (Bally has chosen that Cleveland isn't worth spending their enormous amounts of gambling addict money on broadcasting games).

Yes, the Dodgers are worth more than the Guardians, but the Dolans and their third investor are among the most wealthy owners in baseball.

No, they shouldn't spend 700 mil on a single player, but they should definitely spend a lot more than what that one player is getting annually on their entire roster.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
Powerpuff Girls Sleeping GIF by Cartoon Network

His ass gonna be back in Japan and California won't see a cent of that.
This and given Japan pays relatively little interest on cash at bank it's pretty smart from him, noting he currently earns $50m+ in endorsements per annum.

I believe the luxury tax hit will be $46m p.a.

Back
Top Bottom