Approved Discord unnofficial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elusive

Introverted and Unstable
GW Elder
I know this was a thing at one point (I searched and saw the reasons why) but curious if some sort of server had been set up mainly for voice chat evenings etc. Figured it wouldn't be a far fetched idea to have an area to have a few drinks with some people and remember some stuffs.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I know this was a thing at one point (I searched and saw the reasons why) but curious if some sort of server had been set up mainly for voice chat evenings etc. Figured it wouldn't be a far fetched idea to have an area to have a few drinks with some people and remember some stuffs.

I like the idea for this purpose, it’s actually a really solid use for it that doesn’t detract from the activity here. As you saw, that was the concern when it was brought up initially. We didn’t want to snuff this place by diverting traffic there, but if we used it for specific purposes like that… it could be beneficial to traffic here.

Elusive

Introverted and Unstable
GW Elder
I like the idea for this purpose, it’s actually a really solid use for it that doesn’t detract from the activity here. As you saw, that was the concern when it was brought up initially. We didn’t want to snuff this place by diverting traffic there, but if we used it for specific purposes like that… it could be beneficial to traffic here.
I absolutely love the idea of having a "home bar environment" that discord provides. Because yes I completely understand the original points of why it wouldn't be good. But for just voice chat purposes and late night conversations and whatnot. We're all adults not (sadness) and we want to chat nowadays. Usually with a drink In hand haha.

Elusive

Introverted and Unstable
GW Elder
There is a discord server, I suppose that could be used for this purpose?
If that's what you guys want to rework the current one to, I'm down. I just know some after-work days or weekends might be good to come up on. And if some people want to do rpg/game discussion etc it's a possibility

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
We can create events on discord, apparently. Maybe we schedule these chats for a specific day and time, or days and times, that way everyone knows when to hop on and chat while they're also posting...;)

Elusive

Introverted and Unstable
GW Elder
We can create events on discord, apparently. Maybe we schedule these chats for a specific day and time, or days and times, that way everyone knows when to hop on and chat while they're also posting...;)
Those are great ideas! You could have themed sub sections for whatever people want. But having vc only would make it more reasonable.

So next weekend we're having a first vc sesh right?

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder

This could be an interesting use for it, and it could be exactly what we need to help the forums instead of slow them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom