• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Approved Disband the Movies and Television sub forums of Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
I’ve moved the active threads over to the main entertainment forum and prefixed them accordingly. If anyone received a notification with the notice saying “Consolidating forums.”, you are one of the lucky OP’s that had an active thread moved. For the rest of y’all… the inactive threads have been moved to the dumpster and that move will not negatively affect your post count, reaction score, etc.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I don’t disagree, simply looking at the number of threads to replies. I think part of the reason it may not have caught on is it’s buried in the entertainment forum itself, and that the formatting might not appeal to people the same way the standard thread format does. It’s kinda falling victim to the same issue as the writing forum, where it’s a good concept, but it’s underutilized.

I don’t disagree, simply looking at the number of threads to replies. I think part of the reason it may not have caught on is it’s buried in the entertainment forum itself, and that the formatting might not appeal to people the same way the standard thread format does. It’s kinda falling victim to the same issue as the writing forum, where it’s a good concept, but it’s underutilized.

Yeah, I think the formatting doesnt help and then an extra layer, people only see the most recent movie or TV show with a comment listed at the top and forget about or dont see the others if the are in the entertainment forum

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Yeah, I think the formatting doesnt help and then an extra layer, people only see the most recent movie or TV show with a comment listed at the top and forget about or dont see the others if the are in the entertainment forum

It would have been easier had we launched that forum with the format already present, but the entertainment forum had already been established for months before the addition of the sub-forums. It’s just one of those experiments we try from time to time to see how members react to it, because we can’t base everything solely off of feedback, considering y’all don’t even necessarily know what options we have as far as formatting and modifications go.

I think the best course of action we can take now is to leave this thread for a while, see what others think about the matter, and then go from there. Ultimately, we wanted to have at least one staff member on each forum to help steer it, but that’s one of those forums that never really necessitated a full-time mod because of staff presence… that comes at the detriment of not having an individual who treats it like their baby and helps mold it into a successful forum.

I'm pretty much in agreement with Quagmire here. I'll also say that I've never been the biggest fan of the formatting. I can see how the formatting idea would work if there was huge traffic but I think with the current thread count it would be OK to just merge everything and perhaps make a traditional Movies & TV subforum in the future if it's ever needed.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
We can indeed move the threads back to the entertainment forum and get rid of the formatted sub-forums. They aren't catching on, and if we don't need them, we don't need them.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
We can indeed move the threads back to the entertainment forum and get rid of the formatted sub-forums. They aren't catching on, and if we don't need them, we don't need them.

Would moving them even be necessary? Excluding threads that may be active, it might be better to send the rest to the dumpster seeing how we may end up flooding the entertainment forum with dead threads if we move them there.

Kyle Mooney Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I’ve moved the active threads over to the main entertainment forum and prefixed them accordingly. If anyone received a notification with the notice saying “Consolidating forums.”, you are one of the lucky OP’s that had an active thread moved. For the rest of y’all… the inactive threads have been moved to the dumpster and that move will not negatively affect your post count, reaction score, etc.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom