U.S.A. DEA will reclassify marijuana.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Do your think in honor of this

I anticipate a lot of apprehensive people finally getting the nod of approval for something that has been helping a lot of people with a lot of different things for a long time.

Despite growing legalization, there are still a lot of people who don’t have access to it due to federal restrictions. Reclassifying it to a Schedule III instead of Schedule I takes it away from being lumped in with fentanyl, heroin, LSD, crack, etc. Simply put, it would make it easier for someone like a cop to go home and smoke a joint (instead of beat his wife) to relieve the stresses of the day.

ColoradoAvalancheFanMatt

GW Elder
Kinda hate this baby step stuff.

Almost half the states have it legalized fully and only 7 have it completely illegal. The rest have it legal in some form. All that keeping it scheduled does is keep it a stupid headache for multiple reasons. Just make it federally legal.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder

Almost half the states have it legalized fully and only 7 have it completely illegal. The rest have it legal in some form. All that keeping it scheduled does is keep it a stupid headache for multiple reasons. Just make it federally legal.

I agree completely, especially when we live in a country where we have a pill for depression that can cause suicidal ideation that’s perfectly legally, advertised regularly, with countless people negatively affected.

It’ll never make sense to me.

One of the funniest things I can remember for an interaction with weed was this:

A group of interns were hired, and we were taking them out to a bar after work. One of them said "oh I can't, but have this as an apology" and gave us all a bit of weed literally at the front door to the office. Like just loose bud he had on him.

Why yes he had long hair and a full beard. Why do you ask?

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
One of the funniest things I can remember for an interaction with weed was this:

A group of interns were hired, and we were taking them out to a bar after work. One of them said "oh I can't, but have this as an apology" and gave us all a bit of weed literally at the front door to the office. Like just loose bud he had on him.

Why yes he had long hair and a full beard. Why do you ask?

Sounds like a decent intern to me. I’ve known a lot of potheads like that, though. It’s no different than walking into someone’s house and being offered a beer, but at least you KNOW weed is gluten free.

Ben

Stoned Guardian
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
If I could bill my weed to my medical insurance, I'd hit my yearly deductible in a month.

Ben

Stoned Guardian
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
Nooo, because then the insurance is gonna tier off the weed on us. Gonna have to pay a premium for premium.
Fuck, man. Way to ruin my dream of picking up nugs at CVS. :crossarm

You're probably spot on though, even if they did cover it with insurance in some way, it'd either be trash weed or super hard to find.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Fuck, man. Way to ruin my dream of picking up nugs at CVS. :crossarm

You're probably spot on though, even if they did cover it with insurance in some way, it'd either be trash weed or super hard to find.

“I’m sorry, but your Lilac Dream is currently out of stock, and you’re not due for a refill on your Super Silver Haze until the 31st.”

• Haha
Reactions: Ben
When do we start legally importing from Jamaca so they can finally have an economic boom?
As long as the US Gov is in charge, never lol. The only reason most of this even became legal was for the financial implications behind the taxation of it being sold. States are really bad at figuring out how to handle this.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
As long as the US Gov is in charge, never lol. The only reason most of this even became legal was for the financial implications behind the taxation of it being sold. States are really bad at figuring out how to handle this.

Exactly. Even states still restricting medical access are likely neighboring recreational states at this point, and every dispensary I’ve ever been to has accepted out of state ID. I can’t go to the dispensary near me without encountering more WV and PA plates than MD ones.

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder

I agree, but intermediate wins are still wins. This is essentially legalized medical nationwide, which is still huge. I heard it'll also mean dispensaries will be able to use banks, which should drive down prices and reduce safety issues due to all the cash they currently have to keep on hand (though I'm not sure if that'd be all of them or only medical ones).

But yes, agreed, legalize it already. It has the support. Just do it.

ColoradoAvalancheFanMatt

GW Elder
I agree, but intermediate wins are still wins. This is essentially legalized medical nationwide, which is still huge. I heard it'll also mean dispensaries will be able to use banks, which should drive down prices and reduce safety issues due to all the cash they currently have to keep on hand (though I'm not sure if that'd be all of them or only medical ones).

But yes, agreed, legalize it already. It has the support. Just do it.
I didn’t even know about the bank part of it. It’s gotta be dangerous keeping all the cash on hand, and how are taxes tracked? This is why I feel just going full legal would be best. They can hammer out the fine details and something can be done with the increased amount of taxes for the military industrial complex people programs

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
I didn’t even know about the bank part of it. It’s gotta be dangerous keeping all the cash on hand
It is! Dispensaries are frequently robbed at gunpoint in my general area. It affects the hours they're open, how many people are on staff at a time, security restrictions for customers, and of course people are sometimes killed and often traumatized.

, and how are taxes tracked?
They do track sales and pay taxes currently, however they are not allowed to deduct expenses from their income (because federally it's a criminal enterprise), so they pay a massive tax rate. Hopefully this will fix that too!

This is why I feel just going full legal would be best.
Of course it would be best. At least this is a step in the right direction, though. It'll get there.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Some speculation about how this move will affect the availability of banking services for the cannabis industry: https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory...n-leaves-problem-cannabis-companies-109815550

Unfortunately, I think they’re right. Until we see it treated no differently than alcohol or tobacco, I don’t think we will see any financial institutions get involved. I think what we will likely see, though, will be effectively credit unions in the meantime as a way to circumvent the current regulations. It’ll be just like the cashless ATM’s they utilize in dispensaries to work around their inability to charge a customer’s bank directly for a product.

Back
Top Bottom