D&D Theme Style

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
I'd posted this in just my Tavern thread, but everyone's welcome to check it out if they want.

I've been playing with this new style some. I even made it public so you can use it if you so choose. Generally just trying to style it more like a D&D manual. I'm not in love with light themes, but it's fitting.

So far I have;

Made a new banner.
1714020148163.png

Started a whole stat-block thing. It's all manually entered for now, but who knows where it'll go.
1714020035283.png

And I did some more styling on the dialog box I made to spice up my posts.
1714020107021.png

Lian Batenkaitos

Definitely not
Crystal, none of that!

Best Friend Hug GIF by Pudgy Penguins

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
You helped deliver golden pineapple turtle's baby to GWF.

View attachment 13959
That's tight.

I don't know what you use for editing software, but I'd recommend GIMP if you don't have a proper one already. Most of the stuff Photoshop does, but open-source.

Specifically regarding taking something AI chucks out on a matte background and cleaning it up, you'll want to do a few more steps to get rid of that light stroke around the outer edge.

Take your magic wand
1714054311263.png
Click anywhere in the blank space to grab most of it.
1714054462217.png
Make sure you get all the little in-between areas too, generally Shift+Click.
1714054564225.png
Next click Select and then Grow....
1714054646234.png
Set it to 1 or 2 px and OK.
1714054701683.png
It should now hug the outline of what you're wanting to keep better. Just hit Delete to remove it.
1714054789833.png
Cleaner.
turty.png

Super basic, but crop that shit to content, bro.
1714055007366.png
It'll fit better.
1714055054642.png
Like dis.
turty2.png

• Cheers!
Reactions: TD

Tortle Dude

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
I don't know what you use for editing software, but I'd recommend GIMP if you don't have a proper one already. Most of the stuff Photoshop does, but open-source.

Specifically regarding taking something AI chucks out on a matte background and cleaning it up, you'll want to do a few more steps to get rid of that light stroke around the outer edge.
Thanks for the tip!

As a mobile user I don't really have fancy options so I used the Adobe Express online one.

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
More so I noticed the tag I hadn't used before and wondered how well it'd work to "reply" to reactions without actually doing anything.

But also what you said.

React to this to see a pair of lovely tits:

Hidden content
You need to react to this post in order to see this content.

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
1714107152259.png

Found and fixed it.

@Crystal, app_alerts.less. I just stuck the background/text color override in here and it worked.
CSS:
.alert
{
    &.is-unread
    {
        .xf-contentHighlightBase();
        background-color:#222;
        color:#dedede;
    }
}

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
I'm also trying to find what works for these blocks, so they're prone to changing. I opted to nix the regular avatar in favor of just the character one. The class +level is a link to the character sheet.

1714108615185.png

I did also work out how to actually use modifiers in the dice roller, so while you might still have to type in "3", it'd actually add it to the roll instead of just being in the comment.

1714108918646.png

I'm guessing I could probably generate a dice roll from a link in one of the stat blocks... I just dunno if I can have it auto-set a modifier... :thinking

Zesty Zapcrackle

Shitposting Development Manager
Oh, you mean the unread threads, etc? That'd probably be a different setting, but valid. I can make more of a distinction there.
Yeah, those were the two things that stood out. I can't really differentiate read vs. unread in both the forums themselves and in my alerts. Otherwise, I'm digging the dark mode with the gold. Very Bruins-y

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
Still haven't found the separation between read and unread threads, but I did make the background on the notifications darker to make it more apparent.

1714110312677.png

This is why Ben rules and Crystal drools, ladies and gents.

Ryan Reynolds Movie GIF

Don't worry, I'm still fucking lazy with my coding so didn't bother escaping for the picture not existing... Future Ben problems.

1714110237579.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom