• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

D&D Related Media

VashTheStampede

Jawneh is possibly The Sorcerer

This has been making the rounds on social media and I think it's super cool.

Jon Bernthal inquires as to what the fuck D&D is and instead of just trying to simply explain it to him, Deborah Ann Woll just quickly immersed him in the experience.

So rad.

Dungeon Master

Blind Guardian
Something in my gut tells me I need to check out this Vox Machina thing...
You totally do. Even if you weren't able to get into Critical Role as a podcast, the visuals make it so much more epic.

Plus they have a dumb-as-rock's barbarian, a horny bard, an aloof 'artificer', a druid (although they never throw an ice knife.) There's even a blind monk in there. So it's sometimes fun picking out stuff that your party would have done.

And if nothing else, it'll give you some context for how big dragons are.

Last edited:
  • Shocked
Reactions: Jon

Zesty Zapcrackle

Diplomatic Immunity
You totally do. Even if you weren't able to get into Critical Role as a podcast, the visuals make it so much more epic.

Plus they have a dumb-as-rock's barbarian, a horny bard, an aloof 'artificer', a druid (although they never throws an ice knife.) There's even a blind monk in there. So it's sometimes fun picking out stuff that your party would have done.

And if nothing else, it'll give you some context for how big dragons are.
So... it's us?

Zesty Zapcrackle

Diplomatic Immunity
Not that far off, no.

Make Percy a tiefling, Grog a half-orc, Kyleth a gnome. Scanlan is already a halfling. Actually with kutshort there's an elf rogue so Vax doesn't have to change at all. No Cleric or Ranger in our party though, so you'd need to swap out Vex for Nac and Pike for Magni.

View attachment 21975
The Muppets Agree GIF by ABC Network

Magni Kragtail

Smart fella by day, fart smella by night
If that's not convincing enough, I recommended Vox Machina to someone who had never watched Critical Role and he immediately fell in love with it. But if you have a spare 1300 hours to listen/watch through the 3 campaigns of the podcast I would definitely check it out, since it will enhance the show so much more from all the little references. It's so nice having all these awesome visuals for stories that have only existed in my mind for several years. The show only covers the first campaign so far, but they aren't planning on stopping there when it's finished.

Also I can't get over how fucking good both of the intros have been so far. No matter how many times I watch it I still kinda get chills.

Turned this on last night and it was a pretty good watch for those who are watching the show. Bunch of behind the scenes stuff.

Back
Top Bottom