Crazy Jamie

Crazy Jamie

GW Elder
So I logged on this afternoon to find a surprising 63 notifications, and it appears I have become some sort of meme in the last 48 hours. I have enjoyed this thread, though.
Imagine this…

You’re a judge. People call you “your hono(u)r” all day everyday. You get a small break, and decide to pop in and comment on a thread or post one on a forum with folks from your younger years… before the formalities and all that jazz… then an alarm goes off on your phone, you throw the robe back on, leave your chambers, and head back to the courtroom. You go home exhausted at the end of the day, eat dinner, watch some television, read a book, whatever. You wake up the following morning… and you check your notifications and see THIS.

Mental whiplash is what you call that.
This post got surprising close to what has just happened. I am sitting as a judge today. I had one trial due to run the whole day. We haven't started yet because the lawyers on the case are repeatedly insisting that they're going to resolve it themselves and keep asking me for more time before we start. They've had two hours so far and aren't getting much more. I've finished all my judicial paperwork, and I thought I'd log in to see what's going on with Gamewinners. And I found this thread. Which was both nice and really very weird.

EDIT: For those who don't know, I am still a barrister. Whilst I do a lot of work as a barrister, I am technically self employed so can do as little or as much as I want to. I now have two different part time judicial roles, one where I deal with civil claims (the case today is a road traffic accident where both drivers were injured and they both say the other was to blame) and one where I sit as a more senior judge dealing with family children cases, both where parents have split up and disagree over custody (which are called private cases) and where the local authority is trying to take children away from their parents because they think the children are at risk (which are called public cases). I haven't fully started the family role yet and am still in training, but once I do I'm going to find some balance between sitting as a judge in two different roles, being a barrister, and spending more time at home so that I see my kids more, have more time to myself, and so that my wife can do more work herself. That will be a challenge, but all in good time.

So I logged on this afternoon to find a surprising 63 notifications, and it appears I have become some sort of meme in the last 48 hours. I have enjoyed this thread, though.

This post got surprising close to what has just happened. I am sitting as a judge today. I had one trial due to run the whole day. We haven't started yet because the lawyers on the case are repeatedly insisting that they're going to resolve it themselves and keep asking me for more time before we start. They've had two hours so far and aren't getting much more. I've finished all my judicial paperwork, and I thought I'd log in to see what's going on with Gamewinners. And I found this thread. Which was both nice and really very weird.

EDIT: For those who don't know, I am still a barrister. Whilst I do a lot of work as a barrister, I am technically self employed so can do as little or as much as I want to. I now have two different part time judicial roles, one where I deal with civil claims (the case today is a road traffic accident where both drivers were injured and they both say the other was to blame) and one where I sit as a more senior judge dealing with family children cases, both where parents have split up and disagree over custody (which are called private cases) and where the local authority is trying to take children away from their parents because they think the children are at risk (which are called public cases). I haven't fully started the family role yet and am still in training, but once I do I'm going to find some balance between sitting as a judge in two different roles, being a barrister, and spending more time at home so that I see my kids more, have more time to myself, and so that my wife can do more work herself. That will be a challenge, but all in good time.
I’m glad you posted and this didn’t annoy you

How much longer is the training due to last?

I’m happy this new position will provide you more time at home with your children

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
He's here everyone!

Valentines Day Love GIF by CBC

Crazy Jamie

GW Elder
I’m glad you posted and this didn’t annoy you

How much longer is the training due to last?

I’m happy this new position will provide you more time at home with your children
Definitely didn't annoy me. It was great.

I've done the actually training courses, but I basically needed to shadow a judge on those cases for another eight working days. Five this month, three next month, and then I do my first week sitting as a judge on those cases in November. It's not so much the new position that helps me to spend more time at home as how I manage the two judicial roles with my barrister role. Just taking it as an opportunity to find a better work life balance.

Back
Top Bottom