Cookies!

Christina

I see you
Queen of the Dead
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
I'm not doing 10 because that is more thought than I'm willing to put in.

1. Chocolate Chip. It's the classic for a reason.

2. Lemon drop. I love anything lemon. Lemon is the best dessert flavor.

3. White chocolate and macadamia nut. Macadamia nut only good nut? Almonds are a trash nut and peanuts are not really nuts.

4. Oatmeal raisin. Because I'm an adult.

5. Thin mints. Support those girl scouts!

6. Cowboy. It's pronounced pa con not pee can you weird northerners. Ok there are 3 good nuts. Is coconut a real nut?

• Love
Reactions: TD

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
Icebox
Spritz
Chocolate chip with walnuts
Peanut butter
Coconut
Oatmeal Scotties
Meringue

Bonus photo of cookies I baked and gifted in 2020.
View attachment 2584
Damn those look good! ...so shall I send you my address for this year? ;) Kidding, kidding, but how great that you gifted so much to others!

As for myself, I don't eat many cookies, so my list is limited:

1.) Chocolate chip -- hard to go wrong
2.) Sugar cookie -- ...it's sugar...and a cookie...whee!
3.) Umm...yeah...

Bonus biscuit list:

1.) Digestives
2.) Chocolate Digestives
3.) Chocolate Hobnobs
4.) Rich Tea
5.) Digestives again.

Christina

I see you
Queen of the Dead
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Well they're technically different items, but now I'm being pedantic :D
Yeah they are differentish. A think a lot of what you guys would call biscuits we would still call cookies if we had them over here but some will keep the english biscuit. What we call biscuits I don't think you have at all. Maybe under a different name? Being as if you went by name alone and didn't know what it was our biscuits and gravy must sound horrible to you guys.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
Yeah they are differentish. A think a lot of what you guys would call biscuits we would still call cookies if we had them over here but some will keep the english biscuit. What we call biscuits I don't think you have at all. Maybe under a different name? Being as if you went by name alone and didn't know what it was our biscuits and gravy must sound horrible to you guys.
For us biscuits are:

As for American biscuits, the closest we have are scones, but they're nothing alike in terms of texture and taste:

American biscuits are...meh. I don't like the white gravy, and they're certainly too dry to eat by themselves (how do people order those sausage biscuits from McDonald's and not order a gallon of water with it? So, so dry!

Christina

I see you
Queen of the Dead
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
If you are eating just a biscuit, you put some butter and maybe jam on them. You can do the gravy thing. The McDonald's ones the melty cheese helps but I like the english muffins and not biscuits. Whataburger has a good jalapeno cheddar biscuit but I still think it needs a lot of butter. I also put butter on the popeye's biscuits. I think I just like butter.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
If you are eating just a biscuit, you put some butter and maybe jam on them. You can do the gravy thing. The McDonald's ones the melty cheese helps but I like the english muffins and not biscuits. Whataburger has a good jalapeno cheddar biscuit but I still think it needs a lot of butter. I also put butter on the popeye's biscuits. I think I just like butter.
We put cream and jam on a scone, but a scone is more sweet than a biscuit and far less dry. I've tried Whataburger's biscuits, I find them too dry, as well, lol. Even with butter it's like a drop of water in a desert, lol. Maybe it's one of those things you have to be brought up with?

As for in the UK, when eating biscuits, it's not uncommon to have a spot of tea to dip them in

Christina

I see you
Queen of the Dead
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
We put cream and jam on a scone, but a scone is more sweet than a biscuit and far less dry. I've tried Whataburger's biscuits, I find them too dry, as well, lol. Even with butter it's like a drop of water in a desert, lol. Maybe it's one of those things you have to be brought up with?

As for in the UK, when eating biscuits, it's not uncommon to have a spot of tea to dip them in

When I was a kid I used to just eat the middle out od the biscuits.

Wait crystal are you british?

Snickerdoodles are good too. I just don't have a recipe for those. The recipe I have for coconut cookies is like 4 cups of sugar plus lard and shredded coconut. So bad for you.

Christina

I see you
Queen of the Dead
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Give me all the cookies.

I've never had a cookie I didn't love so I can't make a top list.

My wife makes a massive batch of sugar cookies every Christmas and I get like 100 of them.

It's phenomenal.
Nobody in my house but me will eat sugar cookies. So it feels like a waste to make them for Christmas. :cry

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Wait crystal are you british?

Snickerdoodles are good too. I just don't have a recipe for those. The recipe I have for coconut cookies is like 4 cups of sugar plus lard and shredded coconut. So bad for you.
I have one that's easy and everybody seems to like if you want it.

It's so hard to rank cookies, but I'd do a top ten in roughly this order:

Creme brulee cookies
Crisp mint sugar cookies
Snickerdoodles
Chocolate chip
Thin mints
Molasses
Lemon
Chili chocolate
Frosted sugar cookies (not those gross ones from the store)
Butter

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I have one that's easy and everybody seems to like if you want it.

It's so hard to rank cookies, but I'd do a top ten in roughly this order:

Creme brulee cookies
Crisp mint sugar cookies
Snickerdoodles
Chocolate chip
Thin mints
Molasses
Lemon
Chili chocolate
Frosted sugar cookies (not those gross ones from the store)
Butter

People like you are the type that hand people like me (plain, boring) fancy cookies and make them realize their life of simplicity and ignorance is bliss is a lie.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Too bad creme brulee cookies don't ship well or I'd do exactly that.

View attachment 2769

Sounds like you learned from experience. Last time I shipped a particular cookie that’s made here to a buddy who moved out of state, the same thing happened. He got nothing but crumbs, and he said it looked like something ate through the corner of the box at the post office.

IMG_3836.jpeg

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Sounds like you learned from experience. Last time I shipped a particular cookie that’s made here to a buddy who moved out of state, the same thing happened. He got nothing but crumbs, and he said it looked like something ate through the corner of the box at the post office.
I haven't tried it actually, they're just best fresh (they lose their crunchiness quickly) and the cream cheese frosting melts easily. If you package them well, most cookies won't break.

I would love to do a cookie exchange for the holidays, but it can be time consuming and expensive. Metal tins, wrapping in pairs, and some bubble wrap. Maybe do a cookie recipe exchange?
Maybe a secret Santa cookie exchange, so people only have to mail to one person? It means you'd only give/get one type of cookie, but it'd still be fun and waaay less work. I do like the recipe exchange idea too though.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I haven't tried it actually, they're just best fresh (they lose their crunchiness quickly) and the cream cheese frosting melts easily. If you package them well, most cookies won't break.

I shipped straight from their site, so I didn’t actually get to package them or know what they were packed in. All I know is he said that they were still fresh, but he ended up using most for ice cream crumb toppings because that’s what the shortbread ended up being reduced to.

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
I shipped straight from their site, so I didn’t actually get to package them or know what they were packed in. All I know is he said that they were still fresh, but he ended up using most for ice cream crumb toppings because that’s what the shortbread ended up being reduced to.
Shame on them then, they should know how to package their own product to keep it in one piece. It sounds like the box may have been abused, though.

Back
Top Bottom