Discussion Community vote on new reactions

I think all of the reactions added so far are fantastic. I like the idea that any single person can come up with a reaction idea, float it, and it's pretty much a guaranteed shoe-in. Still, I worry about future submissions bloating the reaction pane. Maybe in the future we could hold a community vote on whether to approve new reactions?

Open to discussion on this.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I’d be curious to see the usage of each reaction

This is something that we can take into consideration when attempting to avoid this:

Still, I worry about future submissions bloating the reaction pane.

Ultimately, and I don’t know how everyone else would feel about this, but I’d like to phase out all of the generic reactions with ones geared towards our community specifically.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
It is cool that anyone can suggest them and get them in, I'm not too overwhelmed by it on mobile but I could see it getting out of hand maybe.

Of course, even adding another row makes a difference on mobile.

I also actually like the generic ones and I think I may use the most.

I wasn’t implying that ALL of the generics should be replaced, there are quite a few that are considered standard fare for the community, but there are others that probably haven’t seen much use that we could do away with in favor of other options.

Of course, even adding another row makes a difference on mobile.

I wasn’t implying that ALL of the generics should be replaced, there are quite a few that are considered standard fare for the community, but there are others that probably haven’t seen much use that we could do away with in favor of other options.
I'm p sure I'm the only one using the cat heart eyes emoji, and I haven't once seen someone use the crossed fingers one

I'm p sure I'm the only one using the cat heart eyes emoji, and I haven't once seen someone use the crossed fingers one
I've used it, and I'm pretty sure @Gloom-is-good uses it a lot in the pet pictures thread (which is the reason I believe it was added in the first place...not for her to use it, but for the thread specifically).

No idea if I've ever seen Fingers Crossed used though.

I use the cat one a lot, yes. Specifically when people post animal pics or selfies.

I know this is asking a lot and I'm not exactly asking, just mentioning: it would be nice to be able to select personal favorites that will always show in the row when you hover over the reaction button (i.e. top 8 or something) with a "..." button to expand the row into ALL reacts. Similar to Instagram when you react to a DM - it has 5 presets at the top, and then if you click "More" it will reveal all the reactions.

Probably something harder to implement but maybe something to look towards down the road. That way we wouldn't have to remove the less common ones that maybe one or two members are diehard users of.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I use the cat one a lot, yes. Specifically when people post animal pics or selfies.

I know this is asking a lot and I'm not exactly asking, just mentioning: it would be nice to be able to select personal favorites that will always show in the row when you hover over the reaction button (i.e. top 8 or something) with a "..." button to expand the row into ALL reacts. Similar to Instagram when you react to a DM - it has 5 presets at the top, and then if you click "More" it will reveal all the reactions.

Probably something harder to implement but maybe something to look towards down the road. That way we wouldn't have to remove the less common ones that maybe one or two members are diehard users of.

That *might* be an add-on, I’ll look around and see if I can find it, and then I’ll pass it along to @Crystal.

I imagine eventually this may be a problem, but with the community small and intimate my vote is to keep things like this loose and fun until it's absolutely necessary to start adding in process.
I used the nope reaction because it is you’re reaction but I actually agree

Lunar Kreskents

noping in a corner near you
GW Elder
I used the nope reaction because it is you’re reaction but I actually agree
I have return-nope'd in honor of your agreement
China Man GIF by BabylonBee

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Alright, fuckers. Per @Jon’s suggestion, I’m putting it out there that I currently have a 14 day trial of Photoshop express that accommodates resizing images, deleting backgrounds, and all the other graphic things I’ve had to bug @Ben and @Raine for (much appreciated, by the way) around here. I ain’t paying $10 a month to make y’all teeny tiny images, and I’m a shitty “graphic” “artist” anyways… so yeah.

If there are any reactions, badges, or anything else down those lines that we wanted to add that we had issues finding transparent pngs of… let’s get them knocked out before the trial expires so I don’t have bother others with this kinda stuff.

Back
Top Bottom