Resolved Blurred NSFW titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
First off, I'm VERY glad to have the option to blur thread titles. I really regretted posting in that one thread and having to read the title of it so many times.

However, there are a lot of threads with a NSFW tag, and the contents often definitely are, but the thread title is totally fine. I can't tell what thread it even is without opening it though.

I saw in the request for this feature to blur titles that you can mouse over them to unblur them, but I'm on mobile, so I can't mouse over anything. Is there some other way for me to view the thread title without opening the thread?

If not, I personally think blurring "sensitive" threads and not blurring "NSFW" threads would be fine based on existing NSFW thread titles. However this is just a bit annoying to me (mostly it leads to me clicking on uninteresting threads), so if others want them to stay blurred, I'm okay with that.

Solution
My understanding was that they were going to implement the Sensitive tag and then unmask the NSFW tag after, since the former didn't yet exist while @Ben was working his magic.

I'm assuming some wires got crossed and/or everybody got high had important adult stuff to do and forgot.

It's funny playing whack-a-mole with the NSFW tag though. "Is this a random Mortal Kombat joke thread, or something actually new and exci--ohh it's that one again." ;)

As for viewing the thread title without opening the thread on mobile? Hm. Using Firebox on iOS, holding the thread title for a moment makes it visible... but that also starts to open the thread in a new tab/window. Not having any luck getting it to highlight the text either...
My understanding was that they were going to implement the Sensitive tag and then unmask the NSFW tag after, since the former didn't yet exist while @Ben was working his magic.

I'm assuming some wires got crossed and/or everybody got high had important adult stuff to do and forgot.

It's funny playing whack-a-mole with the NSFW tag though. "Is this a random Mortal Kombat joke thread, or something actually new and exci--ohh it's that one again." ;)

As for viewing the thread title without opening the thread on mobile? Hm. Using Firebox on iOS, holding the thread title for a moment makes it visible... but that also starts to open the thread in a new tab/window. Not having any luck getting it to highlight the text either. đź‘€

Fake edit: Actually, pressing on top of it and pinching/pulling to zoom in/out seems to keep it visible. YMMV.

Jawneh

Full-time time waster
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
I can long press it on android and it'll unblur. Though it will also bring up the context menu a split second later, but usually you have time to read the title too. A bit of a workaround though. Works for me at least.

Ben

Stoned Guardian
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder

As for viewing the thread title without opening the thread on mobile? Hm. Using Firebox on iOS, holding the thread title for a moment makes it visible... but that also starts to open the thread in a new tab/window. Not having any luck getting it to highlight the text either. đź‘€

Fake edit: Actually, pressing on top of it and pinching/pulling to zoom in/out seems to keep it visible. YMMV.
Me, forget? Never.

It's adjusted to only apply to the sensitive bits, now.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom