• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Best Word

canadaguy

Poop Head
GW Elder
What do you consider to be the best word

I will go first

My pick is beverage

Even the word by itself is refreshing and delicious.

Smacktard

Connoisseur of fine video games
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Defenestration is my personal favorite
Same. I also like vexed, quintessential... And I say dude a lot.

Dude!

canadaguy will support me that "buddy" is a good one too, I think. It's great way to refer to someone you don't know, or someone strange, or someone who is vexing you... or just a fren.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
Negative. As in the test came back negative. It's a word that brings relief. Though lately that word refers to my bank account more than my blood tests, so...maybe I don't like that word as much as I thought I did...
canadaguy will support me that "buddy" is a good one too, I think. It's great way to refer to someone you don't know, or someone strange, or someone who is vexing you... or just a fren.
I'm not your buddy, guy.

canadaguy

Poop Head
GW Elder
Same. I also like vexed, quintessential... And I say dude a lot.

Dude!

Yeah buddy is great when someone is being a degen in your general vicinity and you say to someone "and we got buddy over here being a complete degen"

Degen is also a great word

In swedish we have a word, "stolpskott", which is fantastic. Directly translated it means pole shot, likely originating from the sport world, i.e hitting the pole instead of scoring in hockey or whatevs.

We use it to refer to basically a dumbass.

"That guy is a real stolpskott!"

I love the German word Kummerspeck, translate to grief bacon and means weight gained from emotional eating

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Otherwise, I'd say dingdong.

This guy gets it.

Fuck all of you educated people.

It’s all about the absurd and silly words for me. I don’t even bother keeping a count of how many times I call someone a “goofball” or a “ding dong” in a given day. Profanity doesn’t hurt people these days. Call someone a goofball for road raging and watch the soul leave their eyes because they’re not even worth aggressive language from you.

This guy gets it.

Fuck all of you educated people.

It’s all about the absurd and silly words for me. I don’t even bother keeping a count of how many times I call someone a “goofball” or a “ding dong” in a given day. Profanity doesn’t hurt people these days. Call someone a goofball for road raging and watch the soul leave their eyes because they’re not even worth aggressive language from you.
goober

goofy GIF

Oh, we're all wrong.

I was told by a second grader that "first" is the worst and "second" is the best.

And also that "third" is the one with the hairy chest.
Uh oh. I wondered why I started growing all that chest hair after placing third in a contest.

I was made to take French as a kid, and I remember there was a word I really liked that meant something like a person who was friendly, kind, and a pleasure to be around. The word itself was even pleasant to say. I forgot the actual word itself though. Maybe we have a French speaker here who knows which word I'm referring to?

I was made to take French as a kid, and I remember there was a word I really liked that meant something like a person who was friendly, kind, and a pleasure to be around. The word itself was even pleasant to say. I forgot the actual word itself though.
The word isn't "French", that's for sure! :ROFLMAO:

Maybe "sympathique" or "aimable" or something. I know a bit of French but it's hard to think of those words, especially one a young person would use. My skills are mostly in reading.

Smacktard

GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Uh oh. I wondered why I started growing all that chest hair after placing third in a contest.

I was made to take French as a kid, and I remember there was a word I really liked that meant something like a person who was friendly, kind, and a pleasure to be around. The word itself was even pleasant to say. I forgot the actual word itself though. Maybe we have a French speaker here who knows which word I'm referring to?
Probably "joli(e)"

Smacktard

GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Hmm, I don't think it was any of those. I might have the definition off by a bit, it was a long time ago. It wasn't close to an English word though.
*Cracks fingers*
Chouette (cool)
Amicable (agreeable/friendly)
Paisable (pleasant/peaceful)
Gentille (nice)
Tranquille (peaceful)

Any of those? I'm drawing blanks on what else it could be.

Back
Top Bottom