• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Aussie Dingo Aussie Dingo: Predator vs Prey - Ep 1 (Night 4/Day 4)

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Statistically. Alu was resurrected by Benzine and lived, I was resurrected and lived, Zell was resurrected and lived.

I should add maybe it's happened in a game I haven't played but for some reason they tend to hang around lol
Tommy Boy was resurrected as the Avatar of Love and then removed all love from the world

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Lea Michele Rip GIF

Tubby23

CFO of Shitposting, Head of Data & Insights
Executive
GW Elder
Scratch canadaguy.
Crikey folks do we have a battle for the ages here, the deadliest Australian animal the Box Jellyfish and this Koala who has been killing every predator he sees.

You'll see here that Koala has chlamydia infest claws deep within the jelly's squish bit but the Jelly also has a tight strangle hold on the Koala. I don't think either of these fellas will give up.

Oh what's that I've finally found my vet! Why so sad mate? You what? You shot a Joey with jellyfish anti venom and you could have stopped this all from happening??

Crikey what a disaster hey. I suppose we are both lucky he hasn't got a hold of us but he certainly has that Koala.

Smacktard was killed by the Box Jellyfish, he was the Koala.
canadaguy was killed by the Koala, he was the Box Jellyfish.

Prey Win!

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Yo @Zell 17 sorry about my fake tantrum I threw at you the other day to get out of role claiming

Just meta tactics that failed miserably because I was actually trying to get culled. Y'all had our number (except canadaguy) from the get-go so I figured if I was the first to die, it might buy a little time due to confusion as to whether I was really the snake or if I was masked by the real one.

The way the game was set up (no duplicate roles) i knew that the second people everyone started claiming, our already tenuous chance at victory would go up in smoke. The dingo was hilariously our only defense. Had to try and nip that role claiming thing in the bud immediately so desperate measures were taken.

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
I'm kinda glad it failed because if I was culled I was gonna go even harder in the dead thread to really sell it to the Tiger

It was stressful enough doing it in the first place, that shit would have killed me :link

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
OH and @TD in one of your sus posts you said that Christina seemed sus because she came out not really playing but just posting Bluey gifs

She was so damn excited when she came up with the Bluey idea before the game started. It was aggressively cute. She was gonna do it whether predator or prey.

I wanted to defend her SO BAD but since we ended up working together  again I didn't want to make it more obvious that I knew her side.

Just know she was gonna do that shit either way.

Liked it a hell of a lot more than the egg shit.

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
OH and @TD in one of your sus posts you said that Christina seemed sus because she came out not really playing but just posting Bluey gifs

She was so damn excited when she came up with the Bluey idea before the game started. It was aggressively cute. She was gonna do it whether predator or prey.
:chuckle

Terrible coincidence for me picking up on it then lol. I remember when we were wolves together she said she'd bury everything in shit posting so it made it seem like that's what she was doing again.

If they're not out later from someone else I'll get to the badges.

Also I was definitely glad there was so much shit posting on day 1. I thought for sure someone else was going to be able to figure out Local was the joey. But then I guess because there was so much to read through no one bothered to look back.

Also lol at everyone starting to skip before we confirmed that "hey there are probably 3 predators alive and we should get the full list down"

Yo @Zell 17 sorry about my fake tantrum I threw at you the other day to get out of role claiming

Just meta tactics that failed miserably because I was actually trying to get culled. Y'all had our number (except canadaguy) from the get-go so I figured if I was the first to die, it might buy a little time due to confusion as to whether I was really the snake or if I was masked by the real one.

The way the game was set up (no duplicate roles) i knew that the second people everyone started claiming, our already tenuous chance at victory would go up in smoke. The dingo was hilariously our only defense. Had to try and nip that role claiming thing in the bud immediately so desperate measures were taken.

Yeah I was convinced too. I backed down a little not because I thought my strategy was bad, but because I was legit worried you were gonna quit.

In this setup I really don't think they predators have much chance of winning. I think the Prey are pretty heavily favored but the Dingo has great winning chances. Spider similar winning chances to fool. But I can't see how the predators win, once the prey get into a position where they risk losing to the predators they'll get desperate and start claiming roles to the point where either the Dingo wins or the predators have nowhere to hide.

Something I've noticed between this game and my three games where it has featured: Why does the Fool role keep getting taken out first? It should be functionally impossible for the town to tell the difference between the Fool and other evils. But somehow the way the Fool has been played thus far has led to them getting taken out almost immediately in all four games where the role has featured.

Christina

I see you
Queen of the Dead
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Yeah I was convinced too. I backed down a little not because I thought my strategy was bad, but because I was legit worried you were gonna quit.

In this setup I really don't think they predators have much chance of winning. I think the Prey are pretty heavily favored but the Dingo has great winning chances. Spider similar winning chances to fool. But I can't see how the predators win, once the prey get into a position where they risk losing to the predators they'll get desperate and start claiming roles to the point where either the Dingo wins or the predators have nowhere to hide.

Something I've noticed between this game and my three games where it has featured: Why does the Fool role keep getting taken out first? It should be functionally impossible for the town to tell the difference between the Fool and other evils. But somehow the way the Fool has been played thus far has led to them getting taken out almost immediately in all four games where the role has featured.
You did what I thought I was going to do this whole game and mix the words prey and predator the whole time.

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
I would love for Kelly to break down his reasoning for scratching Jawneh because that shit was wild.

Also Zell you just caused a lot of confusion between Christina and I because I guess you edited your post after she started reading it and before I did.

TD

10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
Also I was definitely glad there was so much shit posting on day 1. I thought for sure someone else was going to be able to figure out Local was the joey. But then I guess because there was so much to read through no one bothered to look back.
Did it have to do with the fact he kept giving you hug reacts?
Also lol at everyone starting to skip before we confirmed that "hey there are probably 3 predators alive and we should get the full list down"
I mean I thought we knew who the 3 were at that point.

TD

10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
Why does the Fool role keep getting taken out first? It should be functionally impossible for the town to tell the difference between the Fool and other evils.
In any game I've played with the Fool it feels like they're actively trying to get themselves lynched which could be why I suppose.

Did it have to do with the fact he kept giving you hug reacts?

I mean I thought we knew who the 3 were at that point.
Not everyone had agreed to the fact that they were still 3 left at that point. Wanted to make sure it was out there.

And yes he reacted to all my early posts (long after we were pages ahead) with the hug react.

I'm pretty sure I sent in the note to tubby that it's was him less than a minute after I was first allowed to.

TD

10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
And yes he reacted to all my early posts (long after we were pages ahead) with the hug react.
I picked up on that when I went back through the day to pick my protect target, and it was a reason I rated him high on the sus list and was against the random role claim strategy.

Most people don't go hyper analyze reactions but I always do.

In this game? Jawneh wasn't behaving like Jawneh, that's why I clawed him. I didn't know he was the Fool, just that he probably wasn't Prey. And if he was prey and I die, then that's 11 pages of shitposting that I don't have to read through each day so it's win-win for me either way. :yeah

TD

10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
You had him as sus for trying to signal he was the joey?
Not legit sus. I listed him as sus because I didn't want to be like "hey he's innocent" with the Dingo still out there which is why my note on him was solely about the Dingo.

I did  not think Benzine was the Dingo, though.

Exactly what I said:
Local Hero - 7/10
Caveat on this sus rating because it depends how you feel about the Dingo being around.

I would love for Kelly to break down his reasoning for scratching Jawneh because that shit was wild.
See above post, but I'll break it down in more detail. Jawneh was always a cautious player. He completely sacrificed himself for TD on just a hunch before. It was an illogical move, but in some ways it was a conservative move, I suppose? He often waits until the end of a lynch to add his few cents, never really initiates a bandwagon. It didn't make sense to see him running around accusing everyone, trying to start different bandwagons from the very get-go. It was very not Jawneh, and that struck me as suspicious, so I scratched him. If I was wrong, I didn't mind being taken out of the game early because I was starting to get a bit burnt out on Wolf games. But this game made me realize I just started getting burnt out on being the wolf in wolf games.
Well played by Local! Pretty masterful tbh.

Back
Top Bottom