Anyone into College sports?

Just trying to figure out what other things we should discuss here. I love watching college football, despite being a fan of the worst team out there (go UMass!). I'm also into college basketball (thanks to the Calipari years at UMass in my youth) and hockey. We actually have a good team there, won the national championship a couple years ago.

What are you all into?

Just trying to figure out what other things we should discuss here. I love watching college football, despite being a fan of the worst team out there (go UMass!). I'm also into college basketball (thanks to the Calipari years at UMass in my youth) and hockey. We actually have a good team there, won the national championship a couple years ago.

What are you all into?
College football yes because it's on Sunday mornings in summer here and invariably I'm doing nothing.
College hockey gets no TV airtime so I struggle to keep up

College football yes because it's on Sunday mornings in summer here and invariably I'm doing nothing.
College hockey gets no TV airtime so I struggle to keep up
That makes sense. College hockey is the shit though.

Also when I was in Australia I picked my barber because he was constantly playing hockey all day long

Any particular teams you like to follow?

Syracuse is the main team I actually follow, they rarely get TV coverage. So I tend to watch the 2 games they'll have live which are invariably the bigger programs.

I also have a soft spot for Notre Dame, my cousin spent 12 months there on an academic scholarship and brought back heaps of their merch. I already followed Syracuse by that point and you never change teams but they're my second team

Yeah and it's not getting any easier for you with Penn State next week
I very much want us to sit our starting QB so he doesn't get injured again. He's legit good. Best we've had since I was a student (Liam Coen was the QB then, and he's now an amazing offensive coordinator).

Our starting RB is also great. We just need the rest of the team to step up.

Edit: our starting QB was injured in a body bag game against Auburn. He's only had the first week of the season at full health.

I only ever "watch" college football. I used to also try to follow March Madness just for the excitement of the tournament, but I genuinely do not care about watching basketball.

Occasionally, I'll pop a college football game on or just the YTTV multiview feature, but too often, college football games are blowouts because the NCAA has a massive parity issue, and the games that aren't blowouts feature the Iowa Hawkeyes.

Did hear recently the Hawkeyes are finally moving on from their awful OC, so maybe next year their offense will be at least try to match their amazing defense and special teams production. Watching the Hawkeyes play "football" pisses me off. Throw some fucking quick slants if your oline sucks. If you have receivers that can't run simple routes and catch balls and if you have a QB who isn't confident in throwing passes, find players who can and will.

What are you all into?
Outside of either the Charlotte 49ers, the Fighting Irish of Notre Dame or the Midshipmen of Navy, not really...

FSU got fucked. Undefeated P5 conference champion, and Alabama gets the playoff spot instead.

Definitely no SEC bias.
Yeah I agree. You shouldn't be able to leave an undefeated P5 champ out unless there are 5 of them.

Glad the playoffs are expanding next year to prevent this bullshit. I hope Alabama gets absolutely wrecked.

I also have a soft spot for Notre Dame
touchdown-jesus9.jpg

Touchdown Jesus.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
I am but the Terps football team is average. Our baseball team though? Damn good. Casually waiting for that National Championship though.

Back
Top Bottom