AEW Releases

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru

I'm curious about something. So if Anthony Henry breaking his jaw at an Indy show is the reason why he got released, then how does Tony Khan look at Darby Allin jumping cars and all his other insane stunts? I mean you released a dude because he got hurt doing his job but say nothing at another dude doing dangerous shit that can affect your life in general.

That's like saying the Lakers released Lebron over getting injured at the Olympics,

I'm curious about something. So if Anthony Henry breaking his jaw at an Indy show is the reason why he got released, then how does Tony Khan look at Darby Allin jumping cars and all his other insane stunts? I mean you released a dude because he got hurt doing his job but say nothing at another dude doing dangerous shit that can affect your life in general.

That's like saying the Lakers released Lebron over getting injured at the Olympics,

Could be contractual.

In sports like the NFL, most superstars have clauses that they explicitly cannot participate in activities that could injure them. I remember there was someone who got heavily fined for going snowboarding. Things happen similarly in wrestling. Usually tied to appearing on other programs. And doing so and getting injured is cause for release.

Perhaps Henry had such a clause but Allin doesn't? Or perhaps Allin only has wrestling as a stipulation and not other potentially injurious behavior?

Either way, my suspicion is this is contractual in some way.

Or Allin is someone who is profitable and Henry is not? I don't know much about wrestling peoples anymore. But I've heard of Allin, not Henry.

then how does Tony Khan look at Darby Allin jumping cars and all his other insane stunts
Darby's (a) making lots of money for Jacksonville Dixie and (b) if he released Darby where would he go?

WWE won't likely take him; too skinny.
Likewise but to a lesser extent TNA won't touch him.
NWA? Maybe if Billy Pumpkins lets' him keep the skater gimmick

Back
Top Bottom