AEW - MJF new opponent

Looks like we are getting
Jay White
vs MJF. Take my money Tony.

Futurama Buy GIF

As in you think it is? Or people are saying that?
I haven't heard/read anything to that effect but when you look at who's at the top-end of the championship spear, there isn't a large number that come to mind. I mean, who could MJF feud with for the World title belt that seems legit?

Danielson? Not him; he's got Zach Sabre Jr. in the headlights soon.
Jericho? He's already held the strap and isn't on the championship radar atm.
Moxley? He's still recovering from the bell-ringing Rey Fenix recently gave him.
Guevara? Pfft., unless its' a gatekeeper match to see who then gets to face MJF for the strap.
Can't be any of the Three Amigos (Omega & the Cucamonga Kids) unless the EVPs' have something on Tony Khan (and it wouldn't surprise me if they had something on Jacksonville Dixie)...

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
We've already done MJF/Starks.

MJF/Cole is the longterm ongoing storyline. I'm guessing Cole was the masked Devil who attacked Jay.

Not really interested in seeing Copeland in the main event but maybe that's just me.

Jay White is a perfect candidate while Swerve continues to build his bonafides.

We've already done MJF/Starks.
I forgot about that one - MJF vs. the Vanilla Midget Rock!
MJF/Cole is the longterm ongoing storyline.
I wish they'd've kept the 'Better than You Bay Bay' tag team they had going...
Not really interested in seeing Copeland in the main event but maybe that's just me.
He's got Christian "Go :censored yourself!" Cage to whoop on right now...
Jay White is a perfect candidate while Swerve continues to build his bonafides.
I could see those two feuding with MJF but unless Jacksonville Dixie likes bidding wars with VKM and Company he'd better lock him down on a long-term contract...

It would be no matter whether Edge had something going or not. Love Edge, but he is past his best. MJF needs fresh opponents to move forward against not just repeats of yesteryear. It's the same reason I didn't love the Punk program.
As @VashTheStampede points out, MJF's got two opponents in his wheelhouse at the moment - Jay White, then later on potentially w/Swerve Strickland. He's not gonna face Edge at the moment because it just won't draw as much as Edge's current feud w/Christian and seeing what happens there.

Yes, Edge's past his prime but he also still draws big pops; the trick is not to overuse him or throw him out there too much but let him do his feud w/Christian and then, if he decides to retire down the road, the collective AEW brain trust (TK, Kenny Olivier and the Cucamonga Kids) might then get the two of them together and have a going-away feud where Edge goes over to start and then MJF goes back over and retires Edge but not before making sure that match is a 5-star Meltzer match which both can legit do.

Back
Top Bottom