House Rules Match for the AEW TBS Championship
Julia Hart (champion) vs Willow Nightingale

AEW World Tag Team Championship Match
TBD vs TBD

Will Ospreay vs Bryan Danielson

Adam Copeland, Eddie Kingston & Mark Briscoe vs The House of Black

Last edited:
Samoa Joe (champion) vs Swerve Strickland
Samoa Joe wins this cleanly because atm there's no angle w/him and Swerve that comes to mind.
"Timeless" Toni Storm (champion) vs Thunder Rosa or Mariah May
Toni Storm should go over in this match either way, though if Rosa's her opponent she'll have a fight. I just don't see Mariah May as a viable Women's World Champion. On the other hand, that TBS belt might be an option...
Julia Hart (champion) vs Willow Nightingale
Julia Hart is one of those "Earn Your Happy Ending" wrestlers who's made it to the upper echelons of the business by the fact that AEW took a chance on her w/that face-heel turn via. the Black Mist and it worked. She's helped elevate the House of Black to top-tier faction status and if the Rest of the House (looking at you, Malakai Black!) can win some belts also I could honestly see an angle where the House reigns supreme across all of AEW (even over the Chucklefucks, which would be a good thing). That said, she's got one of the true faces (in the face-heel sense) in AEW opposite her in Willow Nightingale and the question here might be - do you have (a) Hart win either cleanly or by a assist from Skye Blue? or (b) Do you have Willow Nightingale win the TBS belt and begin her own period as a champion?

I'm honestly convinced that Julia Hart is destined for the Women's Championship scene at some point so the question here is not if but when.
Adam Copeland, Eddie Kingston & Mark Briscoe vs The House of Black
If last week's events were any indication AEW's resident assassin, Malakai Black, has his eye on Adam Copeland's TNT belt. He showed as much last week; while the TNT belt isn't up for grabs does AEW allow the House to win here and help put Malakai over for a possible tete-a-tete w/Copeland down the road?

As for the two other matches? The tag champion is an open question at the moment and in the other match I honestly want Will Ospreay to beat the holy fuck out of Bryan Dancielson AEW's resident hall monitor.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
I dunno if Willow wins the TBS belt here cause they had Mercedes challenge for the belt last night at Double or Nothing.

I dunno if Willow wins the TBS belt here cause they had Mercedes challenge for the belt last night at Double or Nothing.
I don't know if she will either but as I've said elsewhere in the Wrestling Section, she's got a better right to her title shot than Mercedes Mone ex-WWE star Sasha Banks, who TK is hotshotting to the front of the line just like he did Deanna Purazzo for the Women's Championship.

No amount of money justifies it; you've got past champions in AEW such as (among others) Britt Baker, Kris Statlander, Jamie Hayter and Hikaru Shida who've earned, by right of having held either the AEW Women's Championship or the TBS Championship and that alone should give them a shot at Julia Hart. But no, TK hotshots their latest signing to the head of the line.

That's not to say she's not talented, Ms. Banks, but there are a couple other women (among others in AEW's Women's Division) who deserve to have another chance at glory (including Ms. Purazzo, who is also a former champion in her own right albeit from her time in TNA/Impact).

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Kazuchika Okada def PAC to retain the AEW Continental Championship

House of Black def Adam Copeland, Mark Briscoe & Eddie Kingston

Willow Nightengale def Julia Hart to win the AEW TBS Championship

Roderick Strong def Kyle O'Reilly to retain the AEW International Championship

Chris Jericho def HOOK to win the FTW Championship

"Timeless Toni Storm def Thunder Rosa to retain the AEW Women's Championship

Will Ospreay def Bryan Danielson

The Young Bucks def FTR to win the vacant AEW Tag Team Championship

Swerve Strickland def Samoa Joe to win the AEW World Championship

Cageside Seats did a liveblog of Dynasty and judging by what happened, there were some surprises....

Willow Nightengale def Julia Hart to win the AEW TBS Championship
I'm just going to call it: by letting Willow take the TBS Championship now, they're simply going to set her up for a short reign so that the powers-that-be can have Willow drop the belt soon afterward to Mercedes Mone. If that's what happened, then why didn't TK just do a three-way here btwn Hart, Willow and Mone and let Mone get the title now?
Chris Jericho def HOOK to win the FTW Championship
At least now Jinder Mahal can't say "Who the fuck is Chris Jericho?" now (referencing the infamous "Who the fuck is Hook?" comment from a while back)....
"Timeless Toni Storm def Thunder Rosa to retain the AEW Women's Championship
I'm not surprised but if AEW's gonna hotshot Mercedes Mone to a title shot soon after arriving as they did w/Deonna Purazzo, why not have Mone with her "CEO" gimmick go after Storm instead of challenging newly-titled TBS champ Willow Nightingale as it appears they're doing?
Will Ospreay def Bryan Danielson
Please tell me Ospreay beat the holy fuck out of Bryan Danielson AEW's Resident Hall Monitor...
The Young Bucks def FTR to win the vacant AEW Tag Team Championship
Of course they'd win since they're the EVP's....did you expect anything different, folks?
Swerve Strickland def Samoa Joe to win the AEW World Championship
As much as I like Samoa Joe, him being AEW World Champion is akin to being the nicest guy in prison. Swerve, on the other hand, not only has the wrestling chops but he's got a good, if not rising great, manager in Prince Nana plus, if AEW gets off their ass, a heel stable in the Mogul Embassy backing him up. I could see quite a long reign for Swerve here.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
I actually think Swerve is a tweener now because last night Prince Nana came out of the face tunnel.

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
That was an absolutely incredible show last night.

Ospreay vs Dragon somehow exceeded expectations. Gonna be tough for anything else to top that for MOTY IMO, but we've got a long way to go.

Toni Storm/Thunder Rosa VASTLY exceeded my expectations as well. As incredible as Storm's character work has been as of late, her match quality has suffered greatly. Last night she reminded the world why she's a champion, and Thunder Rosa turned back the clock to when she and Britt Baker were main eventing shows.

Shout out to Samoa Joe being exactly what AEW needed as a Final Boss champ for the last 4 months.

Also I gotta give some love to that amazing crowd last night. Some great moments from them, including "PLEASE RETIRE" at Jericho, "PLEASE BE CAREFUL" during the ladder match, the vociferous support for Swerve's bid for the title, and just the general Big Match Atmosphere during Ospreay/Dragon.

I actually think Swerve is a tweener now because last night Prince Nana came out of the face tunnel.
Shout out to Samoa Joe being exactly what AEW needed as a Final Boss champ for the last 4 months.
Swerve reminds me a bit of Stone Cold Steve Austin back in the Attitude Era because like Austin, Swerve has that love-to-hate style born into him and he could absolutely play the heel and the fans will still cheer for him. As for Samoa? I hadn't thought of him, @VashTheStampede, as a sort of Final Boss there but it works going back to when he beat MJF at Worlds End. The only bad thing about that match was the timing of it as the main event last night...
Toni Storm/Thunder Rosa VASTLY exceeded my expectations as well. As incredible as Storm's character work has been as of late, her match quality has suffered greatly. Last night she reminded the world why she's a champion, and Thunder Rosa turned back the clock to when she and Britt Baker were main eventing shows.
This was a banger of a match and had Tony Khan slotted Deonna Purazzo here to feud with Toni Storm rather than earlier on as they did, I likely wouldn't've complained about Purazzo shooting to the front of the title queue. That said, I agree with you on the above - Toni Storm reminded us of why she's the current AEW Women's Champion and Thunder Rose reminded us why she's still main event material. By extension, as an aside, Thunder Rosa's performance last night also boosted Britt Baker's stock a bit as well in that Rosa's performance reminded me of that match a few years ago. btwn. Rosa and Baker that got, on Baker's part, a 0.5-0.6 on the Muta Scale so by virture of this match, not only did both Storm and Rosa go over, Baker went over albeit incidentally.
Also I gotta give some love to that amazing crowd last night.
You noticed that too, huh?

The only critque here is that by the time Swerve and Joe met, the crowd was starting to go a little deflated; had this match not been the main event of last night's card, odds are it draws a lot bigger and louder pop from the crowd. Instead, coming off the near-murderous match that was FTR vs. The Young Bucks for the tag titles, that crowd didn't really have it in them to pop for Swerve.

Odds are, when Dynamite rolls around, they will pop for Swerve and the Mogul Embassy.

Back
Top Bottom