Resolved About those alerts again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawneh

Full-time time waster
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Mine seem to be borked still kind of like kut had mentioned previously. They are good for the initial first visit/refresh, but after I click to go read one of them, all the rest get marked as read as well. :/

Solution
Mine seem to be borked still kind of like kut had mentioned previously. They are good for the initial first visit/refresh, but after I click to go read one of them, all the rest get marked as read as well. :/

Unfortunately, it seems like it’s going to be one of those either/or scenarios with kinks in it. There are a couple overlapping functions that are causing it most likely, and utilizing the one that’s in use now seems to be the “most functional” albeit… finicky and inconsistent.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder

Unfortunately, it seems like it’s going to be one of those either/or scenarios with kinks in it. There are a couple overlapping functions that are causing it most likely, and utilizing the one that’s in use now seems to be the “most functional” albeit… finicky and inconsistent.

Solution

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Yep, that's what we're hoping for! Probably a super simple tweak I'm overlooking, but the brain just can't see it yet.

It’s likely doing one query for all of them, rather than individually updating each one as you go through them. Whoever designed it may have been trying to trim server requests by making them appear or clear as one group.

I can't exactly remember where I've been this week, but, I started clicking on the notifications tonight.

So, y'know, temporarily resolved while all the real-time stuff is disabled. But also, in the process of coming over here to poke this thread, I'm noticing something at the bottom of this thread:

suboptimal-stalking.jpg

Which doesn't immediately strike me as something that should (also) be borked. But, maybe? IDK. :shrug

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I can't exactly remember where I've been this week, but, I started clicking on the notifications tonight.

So, y'know, temporarily resolved while all the real-time stuff is disabled. But also, in the process of coming over here to poke this thread, I'm noticing something at the bottom of this thread:

View attachment 2131

Which doesn't immediately strike me as something that should (also) be borked. But, maybe? IDK. :shrug

What am I looking for exactly? The thread viewers? That would be tied to a different modification.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom